Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All-

Took advantage of a beautiful day to get out detecting with my new XP Deus. I'm still a newbie with this machine, and working hard to better understand its infinite setting. Today I was using the #5 pre-set program, " G-MAXX".
This particular program seems to suit my preferred hunting locations ( off road, deep woods). About an hour into the hunt, I got a slamm'n "90" VDI. After digging down only about 4 inches, I pulled out a large cent. This was a nice surprise:

001.JPG

A quick re-scan of the hole told me there was something else there...Out pops another large cent! Scanned it again, and still another signal, and another large cent! I'm in shock that I just pulled three large cents out of the same hole.

011.JPG012.JPG

After some gentle tooth -picking, they revealed themselves to be 1798 draped bust large cents ( at least two of them for sure). I couldn't be more thrilled! I have never found more than one large cent at one time before. To find three in the same day, and in the same hole...pretty freak'n amazing.

017.JPGView attachment 008.jpg013.JPG018.JPG014.JPG016.JPG

Thanks for taking a look!. I think Spring is finally here, so get out there and get busy! HH!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 79
Wow! Now that is impressive!
Congratulations!
So glad that spring is here :icon_thumleft:

Well that's a great surprise on the coppers, really nice detail on them as well. Congrats.

Big deal...I could do that easy...IF you'd be so kind as to bring them all here and deposit them edge-to-edge in a 3" deep hole that I've pre-dug, I mean. 😂😂😂 Way cool spill! Great job, Sir! 🙌

Killer hunt! :notworthy:

Sure love the old coppers! :occasion14:

Well done buddy. Feels awesome when the good signals keep coming

Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :thumbsup:

Now that is great! All 1700’s Draped. Beauty find

Very cool! 1 of these 1700's LC's would have made anyone's day.................. but 3?? Congrats!!

SWEET! They are pretty ladies, not too bad of shape coming out of the ground like that. Early on when I first started I found a Half Cent sandwiched by two larger coppers, they were in horrible shape. Colonial copper spill, don't get much better than that, congrats!

Yes, I remember when I found my first one - totally unexpected. Large Cents are always a welcome surprise - great save!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back