New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to post an update. A member mentioned previously that in order to get back to the "category" or "master forum" they were in when they were reading a post they had to scroll back up to the top of a page. So, we've added what we call the "Lower Breadcrumb" which is a navigational unit under the Quick Reply box. If you look below the quick reply box you'll see that there is now a navigational unit that contains a full path of the forum you are in. Ie, right now I'm in: Forum > Treasure Forum > TreasureNet FAQ/Feedback.

I can jump directly to Forum or Treasure Forum or TreasureNet FAQ/Feedback just by clicking on those links. I can also get to Active Topics, Home or What's new, etc.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 10.34.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 10.34.21 AM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 108

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit, the Attachment Manager Upload screen was to wide before and causing scrolling. This has now been fixed.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello John, do you know when the 'skins' will be available so we have the option to change the color of the post titles (hopefully black will be available)? :) Breezie

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello John, do you know when the 'skins' will be available so we have the option to change the color of the post titles (hopefully black will be available)? :) Breezie

Working on that (and other issues that come up) just as fast as we can. I hope to have something that users can use for testing (and of course, it will have bugs as well) today or tomorrow.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Working on that (and other issues that come up) just as fast as we can. I hope to have something that users can use for testing (and of course, it will have bugs as well) today or tomorrow.

Woooo Hoooo Thanks! Breezie

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a screenshot for me?

John, I have attached a screenshot as reference. I clicked on the "Rate This Thread," and the menu opened behind the main forum border. I get the same result with clicking any of the thread links. FYI, I am using IE-8.

Attachments

• Tnet Screenshot.bmp
    929.6 KB · Views: 85

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I have attached a screenshot as reference. I clicked on the "Rate This Thread," and the menu opened behind the main forum border. I get the same result with clicking any of the thread links. FYI, I am using IE-8.

OK, I will look into this. Thank you for the screenshot and browser version. Very helpful!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, Shouldn't we be able to see our own Banner Finds (on regular posts) after clicking the open arrow? If so, mine is not working. Thanks, Breezie

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a problem with putting dates in parenthesis. If I put a date, or any number, that end with 8 and then a closing parenthesis, it turns the last number into a "cool" smiley. I am using Firefox 11.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Shouldn't we be able to see our own Banner Finds (on regular posts) after clicking the open arrow? If so, mine is not working. Thanks, Breezie

Yes you should. We are working on this so that if you open them on any user, they stay open permanently until you close them. This way it allows a user to set a "default" viewing type. Still working on that though.

I have a problem with putting dates in parenthesis. If I put a date, or any number, that end with 8 and then a closing parenthesis, it turns the last number into a "cool" smiley. I am using Firefox 11.

Smilies are utilized a couple of ways on the site. One of them is an 8 followed by the ) -- that's smiley code. I don't know a way around it other then deleting that particular smiley code. I'll see if I can change it to 8 then - then ) and that should fix it up.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Would it be possible for you to put a . (period) after the 8? Something like this 8.) Not the ideal solution but it works.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm kind of odd, my # of posts recently dropped from over 6,000 down to 5,811. Not a big deal I guess.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it is recent, mine fell about 400 posts, but that was just before Marc soldl to new management...

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were able to track down a few bugs today that might have been causing some issues for you guys on IE 7 and IE 8. Please let us know if it's working any better for you.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before we took over the site many sections on the forum were hidden from public because they were considered to be detrimental to the site. Marc decided for example that the political and religious discussion areas were harmful and removed them.

Even though these sections had been removed long ago from public sight they were still in the database. However yesterday we removed these sections completely and thus the posts were deleted. This is why your post count has been decreased.

It's an unfortunate side effect of tidying up the forum and removing unecessary data that is taking up resources for absolutely no reason. My apologies for this happening but it needed to be done sooner or later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread