New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already 2 spammers. Do not let post without verification. It attracts spammers rapidly.

Haha they don't waste anytime! A lot of them these days are actual people that are hired to do this. So it's almost impossible to keep them out completely. We have some goodies that will help keep them out and we will nuke them as we see them :)

Also, if you see a spammer you can report them by using the Report Post feature located under the user in question. It's the little triangle with an "!" in it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuke the one at the link above.......

Couldn't post the link and text in same reply window.....kept turning the entire text into a link?

wicked

Mar 22, 2012
San Jose, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks. Got him! Whenever you see SPAM posts, you can report them by clicking on the triangle with the "!" in the middle under the post on the left side.\

L8K2f.jpg

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should show all pages per thread. Right now you can see something like 1 2 3 ... 12. and it's a pain if you followed the thread until page 9 because now going back to where you left off you have to click the last page and backtrack. This just happened to me 3 times in the last 5 minutes.

I guess the simple answer is, is to increase my number of posts per page to lower the page count. Didn't think of that until I posted. Just like my detector I'm not the type to mess around with settings which is why I haven't changed anything yet.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know when someone replies to a thread that you have posted in?
Also can you get the old emotocons back ? they were really good at helping to convey the tone of the comments.

Last edited:

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch: That's where the "Go to First Unread" helps out! It's at the top of each section, right in the middle. Or use the green clockwise arrow on the index page to do the same thing.

Goodyguy: You can subscribe to each thread from the Thread Tools link at the top of any page. And if you go to your Settings page, you can choose several ways to be notified of a reply to a subscribed thread, including instant email.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an option to stay logged in forever ?
Where is notify me of replies ?

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an option to stay logged in forever ?
Where is notify me of replies ?

Yes, when you first log in, check the "remember me" box before you log in. As for notification of replies, there are several ways to do that. First is the My Posts link at the top of each page. Second would be to subscribe to any threads you're interested in following.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have to search thousands of threads ? and then subscribe to the ones I have posted in?
Do I have to subscribe every time I post in a new thread?

I really miss the "my replies" feature :sad10:

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have to search thousands of threads ? and then subscribe to the ones I have posted in?
Do I have to subscribe every time I post in a new thread?

If you set your default preferences to subscribe you, you'll automatically subscribe anytime you participate.

As for the threads that you were subscribed to before the conversion, I think we will be able to move those subscriptions over. Give us until tomorrow on that one though.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please please please move that ad banner from the top of the page to the bottom. I don't want to have to look at an ad the second that I open the page. Seriously. That was a bad move. I can appreciate the want for ad banners, but put them at the bottom of the page please...

Another thing that I'd like to suggest is put the banner finds back at the top (where the ad banner is). It was nice to see it across the top of the page. I do like the scrolling feature that you added. That is pretty cool, but it was much better at the top of the page.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Well I have to say that this change over is not good at all. You see to me now it seems you need a PHD in computers just to look at what was my favorite site. You I have traumatic brain injury and the old site I could navigate the first hour i was on it and this one is just down right horrible to figure out. I do believe you forgot about us that are mentally challenged. What a shame I use too love this site.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please please please move that ad banner from the top of the page to the bottom. I don't want to have to look at an ad the second that I open the page. Seriously. That was a bad move. I can appreciate the want for ad banners, but put them at the bottom of the page please...

Another thing that I'd like to suggest is put the banner finds back at the top (where the ad banner is). It was nice to see it across the top of the page. I do like the scrolling feature that you added. That is pretty cool, but it was much better at the top of the page.

That's a place holder for now and there is now a LOT less ads at the top. The old site had about 20 or so up there.

We also have banner finds at the top, but it doesn't show when you're in a post. I will see about getting that fixed.

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can only ask that you give the new software some time to grow on you. And don't hesitate to ask questions...we have an extra helping of staffers here to help everyone figure things out, and we'd be happy to do the same for you. Don't give up on us yet! :D

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to say that this change over is not good at all. You see to me now it seems you need a PHD in computers just to look at what was my favorite site. You I have traumatic brain injury and the old site I could navigate the first hour i was on it and this one is just down right horrible to figure out. I do believe you forgot about us that are mentally challenged. What a shame I use too love this site.

How is it harder than before? There is still the forum index page: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php

And now we have tons of tools so that you can actually see what is going on like Active Topics, Gallery, What's New, etc.

Everything you should need to navagate the site easy is located at the top just under the header logo.

cereal killer

Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I offer you a quick suggestion to get you started? To get a "birds-eye" view of the site click the "Forum" Link at the top left under the Treasure Net Logo. That will take you to an overview of all the sections and subsections of the Forums. You will essentially see how everything is organized. After that click on the "Active Topics" Link. That will be a nice compilation of all the active topics and newest posts in a lot of the threads. Just geting used to those 2 links will help you to quickly get used to the new layout. I hope that helps you somewhat to get started. Hang in there, it WILL get easier. You will find it is actually much more organized and easier to navigate. After a day or 2 you will be flying around the forums.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
I guess you have no clue what people with traumatic brain injury go through and i understand most people don't. It is way too confusing all I you administrators talking about is " push this, then go here then do this, Heck you lost me on the first push this. The old Tnet was much more mentally challenged friendly then this new forum. I speak from experiance and just stating the facts. i understand i am only one person, but this is the truth it is way to difficult to figure out. I have been trying because I used to love tnet and looked forward to looking at it everyday. But my excitement has gone and frustration has set in. I am not being negative at all just stating the facts for people like me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread