New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
John, got home and played around on here. I have chrome on XP here at the house. Works much better than that of my work computer, things much crisper on here. IE 7 may not be able to handle some things?

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, got home and played around on here. I have chrome on XP here at the house. Works much better than that of my work computer, things much crisper on here. IE 7 may not be able to handle some things?

IE7 is definitely getting long in the tooth but it should still have full functionality, but it's definitely one of the worst browsers out there :(

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Charter Membership is not showing up....I just renewed it at the beginning of this month(March). Am I just out that $20 now? (Sorry if this has already been asked about!)
Thanks!
Charmin
Never mind! Its there now....:thumb_up:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Charter Membership is not showing up....I just renewed it at the beginning of this month(March). Am I just out that $20 now? (Sorry if this has already been asked about!)
Thanks!
Charmin
Never mind! Its there now....:thumb_up:

Yup, it's there now ;) Also, no one would ever lose out on Charter membership. If someone bought it, we'll make it right!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Question for the admins:

Is there a way to be automatically logged on or for the password to be remembered? I use Mozilla Firefox 11, and when I click "Save" by the login box, it only saves it until I exit the website. This is even worse than what was before, when it only logged me out if I closed the browser.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed that you now cannot do a google search while writing a post and come back to finish the post.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Notifications hidden

When I click on the notifications drop down at the top, it is hidden behind the Treasurenet logo background. Along with that, I am double clicked the reply to thread to have full reply instead of quick, and many of the icons within this are not showing. I have taken a screen capture after typing this reply. This is on my work computer with IE 7. it is 7.0.5730.13 to be exact.:happysmiley:
Notifications hidden.JPG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Icons hidden.JPG

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question for the admins:

Is there a way to be automatically logged on or for the password to be remembered? I use Mozilla Firefox 11, and when I click "Save" by the login box, it only saves it until I exit the website. This is even worse than what was before, when it only logged me out if I closed the browser.

I'm using Chrome and when I click "Save" I don't have to log in again until I manually log out. It stays in there for weeks. I wonder if there is a setting in Firefox that's either set wrong or isn't working for some reason because the site should definitely save you. Could a cookie clearing and then trying it again fix it perhaps?

I've noticed that you now cannot do a google search while writing a post and come back to finish the post.

I'm not sure how this was done before but I would suggest doing a google search in a different tab or window? It should save your post until you are ready to post it, not time out.. unless it sits there for over 20 minutes or so.

Kiginhido
Is spaming the board. Toast em.

Anytime you see a spam (or any post that doesn't belong) -- in the bottom left hand corner there is an icon with an exclamation mark on it. This will report the post to all moderators and admins and we'll be on it like white on rice.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on the notifications drop down at the top, it is hidden behind the Treasurenet logo background. Along with that, I am double clicked the reply to thread to have full reply instead of quick, and many of the icons within this are not showing. I have taken a screen capture after typing this reply. This is on my work computer with IE 7. it is 7.0.5730.13 to be exact.:happysmiley:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good ol IE7 -- I'll see if we can find an old computer with that on there to do some testing... going to take a while :(

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IE is always going to have glitches and we can chase them forever. We highly recommend switching browsers if you can.

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Will personal "Bookmarks" from the old site be imported? After hours of researching various topics, I built up a considerable amount of bookmarks that included tips, tutorials, and links for a wide variety of topics. I referenced these bookmarks frequently, which saves hours redundant searches.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the work you guys have done. I have lived through many "upgrades" on other forums that have switched to vbulletin. Some start all over again and all the old posts are gone for good. Some have been able to preserve most of the content and all of them required me to re-register. You have managed to almost seamlessly move everything including profiles and even post counts. I was most impressed when I clicked on one of my bookmarks and the post that I had saved appeared before my eyes.

We all know that there will be little bugs and none of us like change but we will get by. Thanks for putting up with our petty little complaints.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the work you guys have done. I have lived through many "upgrades" on other forums that have switched to vbulletin. Some start all over again and all the old posts are gone for good. Some have been able to preserve most of the content and all of them required me to re-register. You have managed to almost seamlessly move everything including profiles and even post counts. I was most impressed when I clicked on one of my bookmarks and the post that I had saved appeared before my eyes.

We all know that there will be little bugs and none of us like change but we will get by. Thanks for putting up with our petty little complaints.

Yeah there is truly no way to express how much work it takes to do a conversion such as this, let alone just run the site unless you have been there 0_0

The best part is we aren't even done yet! We will continually be working on the site non-stop and there are a LOT more goodies and tweaks to come :)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
ok mamabear, you can do this. take a deep breath, change is good, change is just part of life, change, taxes, & death

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was most impressed when I clicked on one of my bookmarks and the post that I had saved appeared before my eyes.

Auferret,

Can you point me in the right direction to find my bookmarks?

Thanks,
Dan

Most likely browser ( not a site bookmarks) bookmarks, as mine still work.

Yes, must be what he was referring to. I'm looking for the bookmarks function for Charter Members use. It was my favorite feature on this site.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was most impressed when I clicked on one of my bookmarks and the post that I had saved appeared before my eyes.

Auferret,

Can you point me in the right direction to find my bookmarks?

Thanks,
Dan

I'm sorry for any confusion. These were bookmarks in my browser not in the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions