New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POST:" First no because of TV show " Has a technical problem!!! Frank

Frank, I'm not understanding. What is the problem?

I would suggest to admin to fix the problem with caps. When I tried to type a word in caps, it made it automatically lowercase, even though caps is sometimes a problem and does signify shouting, it can be useful.

Will get this fixed up right now. Try again in 5 minutes.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I delete certain areas on the new posts. Do I have to see all the coin roll hunting posts each time.

Were able to do this on old Net.

Thanks

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I delete certain areas on the new posts. Do I have to see all the coin roll hunting posts each time.

Were able to do this on old Net.

Thanks

You can minimize the sections you dont' want to see by clicking the minus/plus sign in the top right hand corner of the category you don't want to see. They will still show up on searches though, ie, new posts.

"New Posts" shows one number, actural # is not same?

New posts calculates posts you don't have access to see either, ie, moderator section posts, etc.. so the count can be off.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Further tweaks today.

1. The side column has been removed from Search pages as well as Image Galleries/Albums pages. Should increase the useable space.

2. Tapatalk support has been added. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasurenet-faq-feedback/288816-tapatalk-support-added.html

3. Many ads have been censored from appearing... if you see a bad add, please note the URL of the advertiser and we can filter it.

4. Active Topics spacing has been tightened up as well so more content can be seen on less lines.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just updated the cookie settings for the site. It may require some users to re-log in again. Please accept my apologies for this we are simply trying to fix the issue and get more users online and not having to re-log-in all the time.

This may also affect your read/unread forum markers/post markers.

Important Note: If you want to mark the entire forum as read, go to the forum home page: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ -- then scroll down to near the bottom, just above the What's Going On Box, there is a way to "Mark Forums Read" -- this will mark everything as read and keep track of new posts from that point going forward.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another update...

I've changed the way the forum marks certain posts as read, forum sections as read, etc. as follows. We were using Inactivity/Cookie Based before. We are now using Database (Automatic Forum Marking)

This text explains the difference between the 3 choices.

This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
  1. Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.
  2. Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.
  3. Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read.

This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks ill see if i can fig that out,and one more Q is there a limit on this,this is what mine says
Attachment Statistics

You are currently using 17.05 MB to store 160 uploaded attachments.

afternoon admin/mods,have you figed this out yet
thanks

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A much requested feature is the ability for members to ignore or "hide" a certain forum section or even a thread.

I am pleased to announce that you can now do this and it will hide them from new posts, etc.

Here are two screenshots showing just that.. one in a forum section and one in a thread. The ignore option is available under your Thread Tools menu.

You can also un-ignore the forum/thread utilizing the same method, or you can go to Settings up top, then Thread & Forum Ignore lists in the left hand column to change or remove your ignore setting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.47.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.47.38 PM.png
    103 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.51.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.51.46 PM.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.55.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.55.55 PM.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.56.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 1.56.59 PM.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 130

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I am having a problem with retrieving the posts from my email. I always clicked on the link at got the post it was describing, but now it is reverting to the first post.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having a problem with retrieving the posts from my email. I always clicked on the link at got the post it was describing, but now it is reverting to the first post.

So the email notification that you are receiving is including a link to the thread but not to the first unread or last post?

Can you forward me one of the emails you got with the link in it (to [email protected]) -- thanks!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It's working again now, and I always delete the emails after I open them. I will send you one if it happens again.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do reply with multiple quotes? in a thread there are two things that i would like to quote but i do not know how to reply with multiple quotes.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the posts that you want to quote, in the bottom right hand corner there is an icon of the "quote" box with a plus sign over it.

Reply | Reply with Quote | Multiquote -- though the multiquote isn't labeled it's just the icon.

Click that on multiple posts and then if you use the "Reply to Thread" button it will quote all the posts that you've clicked that button on. I think you can do up to 5 or even 8 at one time. This is called the "Multiquote" button.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An update for everyone. Attachment thumbnails are being rebuilt again. So for now until it's done you will not see full thumbnails. Again my apologies, we are still working to get things right.

Also, we are working on getting Thread Prefixes going in the Classifieds area. You guys knew it as "Solved" when something was sold. That is now functioning... on the new software it is called Thread Prefixes.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When 2 people reply to each other multiple times in a thread, ALL of the earlier replies are included in each post and it takes up a LOT of room. I know there's a way to turn that off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread