Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SomeGuy said:
bigcypresshunter said:
My Uncle bought gold coins and hid them somewhere. My Aunt always thought he would outlive her. My Uncle passed away quickly. She doesn't know where the gold is hidden or buried.

But she has a nephew with a metal detector...
I will have to make a trip there some day and help them out. :)

pilgrim770

Jul 25, 2005
Houston, TX.
If it wasn't worth too much I'd bury it again someplace for the next generations to find. I'd put my name and date I found it and tell them it wasen't worth much when I found it. Might be worth a whole lot more to them some day.

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Ok, so if your trying to hide your loot because your a cat burglar and don't want your wife to know where you get her jewellery from, than... Take a nice pot, pretty big, just at the right size, enough to grow a nice angel trumpet plant out of, Now take all your folded up 100 bills, and all your gold, place it into a tupperware contrainer, make sure its completly sealed, and has no moisture inside (it will open itself if it has moisture). Than put this almost at the bottom of the pot, fill with soil, than plant a small clone. Once the plant is large enough, its roots will have entrapped your loot. and no one will think of looking in the fully grown plant pot, plus if they pull the plant out, the container will stay int eh root bundle for transplanting! heheeh.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Has no one ever watched t.v. and seen what the FEDS do to a house when they go looking for something like Drugs or Gold or whatever.
Sell the stuff and leave town and start a new life. Sell you old car and buy a Brand New One. When you show up at your new location everyone will think you were rich to start with and never question where you got your money.
Peg Leg

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I do not like the Idea of converting to all cash (fiat currency) I am paranoid so I still like bullion coins for storing wealth. One tip is not to hide every thing in your home. I use to use safety deposit boxes but with the new Government regulations I do not trust them. Bullion dealers must now record your transactions due to money laundering laws. I am afraid that we are going to a cashless society, What are those of us that do not believe in that going to do?

T

trapperjon

well,I would like to add my 2.5 cents , I used to use safty deposit boxes,and I got real friendly with a bank employee,who handled the boxes, and quickly found out ,that to trust any bank employee,is a major mistake. Bank employees are for the most part underpaid,have not gone through strigent background checks, do not take drug tests ,and it is my opinion a large percentage of identy thefts are funnled out of banks from "trusted Employees". To top it off,like credit cards,issued by your banks,the banks may start sourceing out their 1800 numbers to india/Canada/Phillipines. This means all your personal data can be breached by unknown "bank employees' in these foriegn countries. About 20 years ago or less,the safty deposit boxes were breached by some very cunning thiefs in Westwood Calif.{U.C.L.A.} It has happened/it will continue to happen.Did you know that locksmiths have access to safty deposit boxes,when one has to be opened,and that some locksmiths have extensive criminal records. Best way to hide loot /convert it to cash,and buy real estate,wash the cash,now thats my 2.75%

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gollum had the correct idea for converting it to cash.
One of the best places to hide it "if" you own the land is "post hole banks".
You rent a power auger drill to drill the post holes for your new fence. Ever so mant post holes you dig down an extra foot. Put it in a container and drop it in the hole. Fill the hole enough with the "extra" dirt, so that all the fence posts are still level. At 3-4 feet down, it will be really hard for someone to find it even with a deep seeker MD.<G>

j2fun4u

Sep 13, 2005
dano91 said:
I'd hide it in plain site next to my 50 cal. Smith & Wesson
Oh wow, I can get a cache and a gun...sounds like my lucky night....hahaha

If I had a cache depending on what it was, how big, if word got out about it and so on. At my old house I made a false bottom in my closet and then I bolted my lil fire proof safe to the 2x4's. Hmm I wonder if anyone found it yet. I left it there with the key on top for the new owners.....hahaha

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
audigger53 said:
One of the best places to hide it "if" you own the land is "post hole banks".
You rent a power auger drill to drill the post holes for your new fence. Ever so mant post holes you dig down an extra foot. Put it in a container and drop it in the hole. Fill the hole enough with the "extra" dirt, so that all the fence posts are still level. At 3-4 feet down, it will be really hard for someone to find it even with a deep seeker MD.

I've never been a fan of re-caching a valuable find like that. How do you enjoy it when it is buried 4' under several fence posts? And if you die without telling anyone where it is or divulging the location(s) in your will, what good has the cache done for you, or anyone? The only value I see in re-caching a cache is to temporarily keep it from being found by snoopy revenuers. If there is no danger of that, why not just keep it in a safe or convert it to usable cash unless you get a lot of enjoyment from collectibles? I was listening to a financial advisor telling people not to invest in stamp or coin collections. He said they were great investments--for the heirs. People amass large collections of stamps or coins, then die without ever realizing a financial benefit. Then the children promptly sell them when the estate is distributed, but make far less than if the value of the collections had been invested from the beginning. If you don't care about the cash value of a collection then sure, the enjoyment you get from collecting stamps, coins, Cabbage Patch dolls or anything else is worth it. But if the idea is to increase your wealth to improve your standard of living, for crying out loud, convert your find into money so you can enjoy it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread