boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a trash business and every several years they raise rates and say its because gas prices are up. This year the rates went up 20% and gas is down. When I ask why the reason for the increase, they get quiet.
Well, now you did it! You made them have to think.....

You know, I wonder what future generations are gonna think when they read the history books a hundred years from now... I can picture them rolling on the floor saying "Man! they were brain dead back then!" or "Wow they still hadn't evolved very far......."

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And speaking of water bills........how about the people of Flint, Michigan being sent water bills when it's now common knowledge that the water from their taps is contaminated with lead !! Talk about "chutzpah" !!
Don.......
Where else do you think they're gonna get the $$$ to pay for all the lawsuits coming down the pipe? Their own pockets???:laughing7:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Way back, the dump was free if you drove it there and dumped it. It's operation is paid by the income tax. Fast forward to today. It's operation is still paid for by the income tax, but they now charge $7 per dropoff.

My water is from an arterian spring that flows thru my spring house, But they made me pay $6K to drill a well. The law doesn't say I have to use the well though.

There's just to much regulation!!!! Frank Frog Hop 700.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would have you believe that the regulations were for our benefit...more like fleecing.

Just checked the gas price here $1.63 reg.- $2.25 high test-
$1.95 diesel ....and I ask you, have you seen any decreases in the price of goods lately to correspond with the falling gas prices? Not here!

There is a weird thing with driver license as proof of ID. Soon, we here in Mass (one of several states) won't be able to use ours to board a plane, train, or bus as the NAS can't be sure of our true identity.
So I was a little mystified by a state ad telling people they could register to vote on line, all they need is a drivers license.

But yet I can't use that same license as proof I live at my address when I applied for health insurance...they wanted a utility bill!
You have to have proof of residency to replace recycling bins.
Makes you scratch your head and wonder just what is going on. Not much makes sense any more.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They would have you believe that the regulations were for our benefit...more like fleecing.

$1.95 diesel ....and I ask you, have you seen any decreases in the price of goods lately to correspond with the falling gas prices? Not here!

There is a weird thing with driver license as proof of ID. Soon, we here in Mass (one of several states) won't be able to use ours to board a plane, train, or bus as the NAS can't be sure of our true identity.
So I was a little mystified by a state ad telling people they could register to vote on line, all they need is a drivers license.

But yet I can't use that same license as proof I live at my address when I applied for health insurance...they wanted a utility bill!
Makes you scratch your head and wonder just what is going on. Not much makes sense any more.

Well, when they can't dazzle us with brilliance, what else do they have ... oh, I got it!

They can just baffle us with this ...

wis-cow-chip.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can't tell me these people aren't inhaling when they come up with this stuff!!!!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me....when the TSA can't spell your name...they search you in that little room at the airport...just ask my daughter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Gas prices I've seen so far

1.jpg
I'd stop complaining If I saw this at the Pump.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And they check the utility bill against WHAT as proof it's YOU? The most recent bill? Maybe an old bill? Maybe someone else's bill? I get all geeked every time I see this. My turn is coming soon.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best Gas prices I've seen so far

View attachment 1267708
I'd stop complaining If I saw this at the Pump.

I'm with you Jeff, finally a price I like!

Brad unless they ask for a Bill and a license and match the names & addresses, I have no idea either, how they will know for sure it's you.
Like our register on line with a drivers license how do they know it's actually you! Also we've had people at the DMV selling licenses under the table! So that bird has flown the coup!
There is no way they can know for sure, unless the are doing finger prints,face recognization, DNA....at your local dump???.
Lol! I give up!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read Pickens said gas/oil getting ready to double...... buy buy buy...... :laughing7:
Shoulda got that AIG stock at $2 a share...... :BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read Pickens said gas/oil getting ready to double...... buy buy buy...... :laughing7:
Shoulda got that AIG stock at $2 a share...... :BangHead:

may be true.

I just got back from the Store.
They just dropped .001 Below 2 Dollars here :(

had to buy $100.00 worth of Groceries to pay $1.899 a Gallon :(

DSCF0002.JPG

I miss the days of Pulling up to the Pump saying "put 3 in !"
& then being able to crooze all night..

I still think we have till after November though.
Before the Real "Up Yours" Comes

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
may be true.

View attachment 1267772

I miss the days of Pulling up to the Pump saying "put 3 in !"
& then being able to crooze all night..

A hundred bucks must have been a least 1 bag.:laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Dozen eggs soon :( $2.98 for a dozen Eggs.
I don't need them that Bad.
I'll go find a Chicken & Squeeze & Shake it till 2 eggs drop out before I will pay $3.00 a Dozen

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
a Dozen eggs soon :( $2.98 for a dozen Eggs.
I don't need them that Bad.
I'll go find a Chicken & Squeeze & Shake it till 2 eggs drop out before I will pay $3.00 a Dozen

I get eggs from a farmer down the road,3.25 a dozen..the yolks are orange too!

Eggs..I like Eggs!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been Paying $1.00 a Dozen, $1.50 a Dozen & Recently $1.69 a dozen. over the last 3 months by
looking around. & sometimes Free from my Sister :laughing7: they were all nice jumbo size till
the latest $1.69 a dozen ones, I call pigeon Eggs. got them at Aldis.
They are so small it is hard to hold on to them
while Breaking the shell.
In fact this morning one dropped out my Fingers as I went to crack it :(

Redners can have theirs at $3.00 ! As I said I won't pay it.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
may be true.

View attachment 1267772

[SIZE=4[COLOR="#FF0000"]]I miss the days of Pulling up to the Pump saying "put 3 in !"
& then being able to crooze all night..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Check back in when YOU wake up buddy.... but I totally remember those days also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread