OKIEs

bigfish

Dec 19, 2006
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Re: OKIE's

Hello all,
Family and I just moved here from sunny and warmer Florida. Started MDing last year (when we moved to Florida). Living in OKC. We will only be here for a few months before we head to Japan for a couple of years. Hope to come back to OKC area after that we love the area. Can't wait to get digging in the "red dirt" but have no clue on where to start...the beaches were much easier for this novice to navigate. Looking to get involved while here with a club/individuals to hunt with. So if you don't want to drive let me know I'll pick you up if you know a good spot. ;D I swing a Whites MXT by the way.
Matt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

bigfish,
You might get ahold of allanw23. He runs Waynes Detector Sales on S. Pennsylvania in OKC. He can give you a few pointers and there's a club there in OKC called Twin Territories that has a bunch of fine folk wh would be glad to see you.

bigfish

Dec 19, 2006
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

I was planning on going down to the detector shop in town when I get a few minutes off from work. I emailed the contact on the club here in town and am just waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the info. Am really looking forward to swinging the stick around here.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro

Welcome to Oklahoma Bigfish. One of my good friends just returned from Okinawa after being stationed there the last four years and got to do a lot of beach hunting. He said it was a blast. Come by the shop and I will give you all the info on the club. We are located in south OKC off I-240 and Penn on the S.W. corner behind the Shell gas station. Our # is 405-685-3130. Allan

Lt1stone

Jan 25, 2008
Newkirk Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Gray Ghosts, Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

North Central Oklahoma, Newkirk Just getting back into Md'ng :)

slingchine

Sep 22, 2006
Logan County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
4 Garretts, a Bounty Hunter, and a hickory twig

Happy huntin' and welcome OkieMike. Maybe we'll pass each other on a grid somewhere.....hehe......Guthrie here...............awright.....then......ummmmm.....hmmmm

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008

Claremore Ok.
New to the game, but in the short time, I have found tons of good things. I have found three gold rings that will more than pay for my detector, equipment and gas to go get my knees dirty for a few hours. Got to find my camera (18 yr old daughter ran off with it) so i can try to put up a few pictures.
My best finds so far :
14 kt mens "pinky" Good Luck ring with 4 small diamonds
18 kt gold mens ring with diamonds, though looks like the diamounds surrounding the center has been lost or removed , 8 diamonds missing
18 kt gold plated .925 silver mens ring with silver cross and diamonds
1941 s "copper" wheat penny in excellent condition
1943 stell wheat penny
tons of small .925 silver rings
and enough pull tabs (we call them beavers) to build my own 747
But God, I love this hobby!
Nice to meet all of you, and good hunting

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Welcome beaverdigger. You've got some pretty good areas in that part of the state. Looking forward to some pics when you can.

Oklahunter

Jan 29, 2008
Choctaw, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Bullseye II

New to the forum, reporting in from Choctaw!

I've been swinging an Ace 250 for the last two years and just ordered a DFX last week. Off we go!

waynokan

Nov 5, 2006

Hi Okie 1&2--------I am originally from a small Northwest Okla town (Waynoka)----left there 47 years ago via the military. Currently live/work overseas, so not much opportunity to MD there anymore. Have been at the hobby since 1981, miss it terribly!!!!!!!

Waynokan

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Welcome Beaverdigger ;D

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Welcome Oklahunter ;D

How do you like the Ace 250?
I would like to find a light machine for my wife.

Timberwolf

Oklahunter

Jan 29, 2008
Choctaw, OK
Detector(s) used

Timberwolf said:
Welcome Oklahunter ;D

How do you like the Ace 250?
I would like to find a light machine for my wife.

Timberwolf

Hi Timberwolf. Thanks for the welcome.

I like the Ace a LOT. It's light and, for the money, you get a lot of capability. The reason I'm moving to the DFX is because I am ready for some more features - the Ace is a great starter and I recommend it highly!

OH

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Thanks OH,

I will keep that one in mind ;D

TW

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Oklahunter,

Voice of happiness here............you will absolutely love the DFX, and you will do well with it. It will be somewhat of a learning curve, but nothing that can't be overcome. Congrats!
---Mel

borninok

Oklahunter

Jan 29, 2008
Choctaw, OK
Detector(s) used

Thanks!

I've been reading and re-reading Jimmy Sierra's & Jeff Foster's books and I'm ready to start. Just need the machine! :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm from Oklahoma and my family first came there in the 1830's or so. We started out in the Indian nations and my great-grandfather actually went before Judge Parker and didn't get hung. He later got shot and killed by the law, while he himself was the law. Only in Oklahoma. My first real detector that I still have is a White's Coinmaster Classic 1. I set a goal for myself that I would find enough change each day to buy a cup of coffee and a copy of the Daily Gaylord and I hit that more often than not. Now that I'm rich (haha) I saved up and bought a DFX Spectrum E-Series. I'd like to use it a lot more, but the company I work for apparently came up with a sense of humor one day and sent me right here to Summit County, Colorado, where we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of late fall, and snow that is real deep on a tall giraffe right now. Still, here's a tip if you all ever get to an area with a lot of snow that requires regular snow removal. In the large parking lots for the malls or big stores, they generally push the snow off to the edge of that parking lot. The towns generally have an area where the dump the snow that they grade off the streets. In the spring, if it comes, when this melts down, detect there. Everything that was ever dropped by all those tourists got graded up and dumped there. Loose change, jewelry, watches, keys, it's right there. And still pull tabs now and then. You all ever get up here come see me.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome RGNN, don't know how you can stand all that cold, Brrrrr! I am thinking about moving to a warmer clime and I am just outside Tulsa now. Thinking about going south to, gasp, gag....Texas, Austin area. Being a Sooner fan, I'd be living dangerous! Some of my family came to OK over the Trail of Tears with the Cherokee and the rest came from Arkansas just before state hood. Real Sooners. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread