One of my best hunts ever! Morgan, Barber, V Nicks, and IHs, pile of rings!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best hunts ever! Morgan, Barber, V Nicks, and IH's, pile of rings!

Headed back to the spot I found the 10 Ih's and three Barber dimes this afternoon. To make a long story short started pulling Ih's and V nickels some cool relics. Silver thimble, cuff link, some busted Hutch tops with stoppers (for those who know bottles). Found my 4th Barber dime from this site. 1899. Now this area must held carnivals because I found 16 gold plated rings. All in a 20' square area. At that point I had already deiced the title of my todays finds would be "Found 16 rings today" lol! Anyway so it started getting late and I decided to make a swing around the outside perimeter of this site and BAMM! solid 88 on the DFX. Im thinking ok this is it,,, come on barber quarter! I dig a large plug down about 7" tip it out and go over the hole, nothing its in the plug. So I break the plug apart and see just enough of the reeded edge to see it bigger then a dime. Then I do a double take and start thinking its a half. Then it hits me that I have just found a Morgan!! YES:headbang:!!!! So enough talk here are the photos. 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG The Barber dime. 002.JPG Lastly the Morgan pics. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG It is in fact a 1890 mint mark O. 013.JPG 014.JPG I am one happy camper. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 38

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! I'm jealous! Awesome finds! Congrats, thats the hoard I'm on a mission for. Definitely an untapped spot!

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
holly:censored: awesome nice variety of stuff congrats love to see that come out of the ground

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy crap...Indian heads...v nickels, more gold rings than you can wear on both hands, a barber dime....AND A MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR?!?!?!?! I would say that is about an average day....lol. absolutely spectacular finds, sir, spectacular indeed.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap...Indian heads...v nickels, more gold rings than you can wear on both hands, a barber dime....AND A MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR?!?!?!?! I would say that is about an average day....lol. absolutely spectacular finds, sir, spectacular indeed.

Rings were just plated, still cool though.

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Congrats on some nice old finds, especially the coins. Really enjoy the in-situ pictures. Yea it sounds like it might have been a old fairgrounds, should be lots more there.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, I have envy....

Well, I've found a dollar coin too :( A Susan B :(

Beautiful Morgain!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to toss and turn, before falling asleep, and thinking what it would be like to find a Morgan...

She is a beauty!!!...Congrats to you....:notworthy:

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said already except it doesn't get much better than this. Wow and congratulations on a super hunt.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Morgan is one of those coins that i can probably say I'll never find, but you never know. Awesome job. The way you are pulling the finds you might find a few more.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome Silver dollar!! really great shape! Nice finds enjoy the moment, we work hard for those moments!

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds, love the penny whistle.

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spoon looks like the Palatina pattern by Wallace Silversmiths. Although the Wallace handle is more rounded and yours is more pointed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome Silver dollar!! really great shape! Nice finds enjoy the moment, we work hard for those moments!

Ohh I stopped for a six pack on my way home!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hardly imagine a day like that - I'd have been stopping for the six pack after the first Indian Head cent ! Large silver dollars are special finds !!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, I can't imagine that many exciting finds, I would be like a little kid running to the next hole and asking what's next?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread