One of my best hunts ever! Morgan, Barber, V Nicks, and IHs, pile of rings!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best hunts ever! Morgan, Barber, V Nicks, and IH's, pile of rings!

Headed back to the spot I found the 10 Ih's and three Barber dimes this afternoon. To make a long story short started pulling Ih's and V nickels some cool relics. Silver thimble, cuff link, some busted Hutch tops with stoppers (for those who know bottles). Found my 4th Barber dime from this site. 1899. Now this area must held carnivals because I found 16 gold plated rings. All in a 20' square area. At that point I had already deiced the title of my todays finds would be "Found 16 rings today" lol! Anyway so it started getting late and I decided to make a swing around the outside perimeter of this site and BAMM! solid 88 on the DFX. Im thinking ok this is it,,, come on barber quarter! I dig a large plug down about 7" tip it out and go over the hole, nothing its in the plug. So I break the plug apart and see just enough of the reeded edge to see it bigger then a dime. Then I do a double take and start thinking its a half. Then it hits me that I have just found a Morgan!! YES:headbang:!!!! So enough talk here are the photos. 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG The Barber dime. 002.JPG Lastly the Morgan pics. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG It is in fact a 1890 mint mark O. 013.JPG 014.JPG I am one happy camper. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 38
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, this post reminds me of my super dreamy circus site that I have detected to death. I also found a Morgan, three Barber halves, and piles of silver dimes, IH pennies etc at my spot. I am envious of you, there are probably many more good things to find there! My spot is basically done, the last 20 hrs I spent there produced nothing.

How much time have you put in at your spot? Awesome finds!

This was my second hunt at this site. About 5 hours total. Also all these finds, (this post and my last post from last Sunday) were found on about 4 or 5 acres and this woods must be 40 or 50 acres total! A lot more area to cover!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does one find a site like this?

Got your pm and responded. Like I was saying in my area 100 years or so ago many towns didn't have larger parks like other towns. Many larger events were held on privet property for years. Lots of untouched areas holding good history out there yet. Trouble is locating and having access to these sites.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking closer at these rings and found one actually inside of another one. That is how it was dug. Box of rings must of spilled. No doubt they were cheeper rings for the time and were gold plated. Possibly given out as prizes? 005.JPG 006.JPG

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I swore I posted yesterday on this thread, It was so nice I had to look again! Great finds! Great site!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, I can't imagine that many exciting finds, I would be like a little kid running to the next hole and asking what's next?

Yeah really that's pretty much how it was. lol! That's 27 turn of the 19th century coins in about 5 hours time. Not to shabby at all probably my best site to date. We don't have the older finds like out east or the civil war stuff like down south so this is almost as good as it gets for my area! Yeah I have dug some trash but its all turn of the century trash! That's about when the trash starts getting interesting. I hope there is more to come.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one heavy chunk of silver you found there, Yowsah! BTW, the in situ Morgan photograph was a gift you gave to all TNET viewers--Man it sure does my heart pumping! Thanks for taking the time to pull out your camera, and share the shot with all of us.

Not that I haven't seen a dollar in person but they seem so much bigger when you dig one. They make the half look small also twice as thick! Thanks everyone of all the positive comments! For sure one of my best finds of all time. :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure inviting a fellow mder out it a spot like this is always good Karma.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I haven't seen a dollar in person but they seem so much bigger when you dig one. They make the half look small also twice as thick! Thanks everyone of all the positive comments! For sure one of my best finds of all time. :occasion14:

Great site, and finds.

Yeah I know what you mean got my first dollar sized coin this year it was a 8 R. They are HUGE coming out of the dirt.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the high lights of 2014....

Top Member Reactions