Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Kentucky Kache said:
Mighty AP said:
As would I. Im very interested in hearing more from Vibes, I've really been into the Karma thing for a few years now & Im not sure why. I just feel this inner need to help, do things for people without expectations of reward or recognition. Is it because I was very bad in a past life? Ive never considered that reincarnation might be possible but would love to hear more. I believe in God & Christ but dont buy into the "Christian" belief system. Too many holes, inconsistancies. The bible is a fine book, teaches us how to live but I dont believe it is a book written by God, but rather a book about God written by man. Im sure KK is foaming at the mouth now but I dont want to turn this into a bible thumping arguement............lets hear about Karma & reincarnation! I believe you have the floor Vibes! :hello2:

AP, I thought you were a better man than to attack someone like that. Well, I didn't say I'm never wrong, did I? But thank you for letting me learn a little more about you.

You mean that you thought I believed EXACTLY like you do KK? I dont. I am very tolerant of others beliefs, I dont believe that there is one true religion. How can there be? Ive argued with born again fanatics that try to cram their beliefs down my throat & that just dont work. I truly believe that if you are spiritual, regardless of the sect or religion, you are doing good in Gods eyes. One of the things that blows me away is the Christian belief in hell KK. Do you believe that if I dont get on my knees & ask for Christs forgiveness & to be born again that I will be cast into a lake of fire to be tormented for all eternity? I do not. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will ever make me believe that God would allow this, it was brought about by early Christians to scare the peasant class into going to church & bringing their money with them. Period. Think about this KK, Christ died for our sins. Its a done deal, we dont have to ask or beg, he died for my sins.......I am forgiven just as you are. And to be perfectly honest with you, I believe that I am in Gods eyes a better person than many people who embrace modern Christianity. As I said, I dont judge people based on their beliefs & I dont believe God does either. Just believe in him, be spiritual & do the best you can in life. Im sorry KK, I did not mean to attack you in any way, I just know how strongly you feel about your beliefs (and thats a good thing in my eyes) & figured you would chime in. Please dont take my beliefs personaly. :)

K

Kentucky Kache

Mighty AP said:
You mean that you thought I believed EXACTLY like you do KK? I dont. I am very tolerant of others beliefs, I dont believe that there is one true religion. How can there be? Ive argued with born again fanatics that try to cram their beliefs down my throat & that just dont work. I truly believe that if you are spiritual, regardless of the sect or religion, you are doing good in Gods eyes. One of the things that blows me away is the Christian belief in hell KK. Do you believe that if I dont get on my knees & ask for Christs forgiveness & to be born again that I will be cast into a lake of fire to be tormented for all eternity? I do not. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will ever make me believe that God would allow this, it was brought about by early Christians to scare the peasant class into going to church & bringing their money with them. Period. Think about this KK, Christ died for our sins. Its a done deal, we dont have to ask or beg, he died for my sins.......I am forgiven just as you are. And to be perfectly honest with you, I believe that I am in Gods eyes a better person than many people who embrace modern Christianity. As I said, I dont judge people based on their beliefs & I dont believe God does either. Just believe in him, be spiritual & do the best you can in life. Im sorry KK, I did not mean to attack you in any way, I just know how strongly you feel about your beliefs (and thats a good thing in my eyes) & figured you would chime in. Please dont take my beliefs personaly. :)

What you believe is no concern of mine. It's your choice and you have made it. That's the way it's supposed to be. What bothers me about what you said is that you judged me a fanatic. You misunderstand the things I say, and the reason I say them. Also from the above post, I'm thinking you might not be quite as tolerable as you think. Again, that's your choice. But please don't accuse me of jumping in, or jumping ON, when you don't know what I'm about.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
Mighty AP said:

What you believe is no concern of mine. It's your choice and you have made it. That's the way it's supposed to be. What bothers me about what you said is that you judged me a fanatic. You misunderstand the things I say, and the reason I say them. Also from the above post, I'm thinking you might not be quite as tolerable as you think. Again, that's your choice. But please don't accuse me of jumping in, or jumping ON, when you don't know what I'm about.

Point taken KK, perhaps I could have/should have worded that differently. I dont judge you & never will. I just dont see things the way you do & never will. I respect the fact that you believe what you do so fervently & I believe God does as well. My uncle has recently become a Christian & his church is really into feeding the poor & spreading the gospel, they go to Mexico & other foriegn countries & set up soup lines & pass out literature. Ive argued with him about the specifics of his beliefs & frankly he has become somewhat brainwashed in my opinion. Ive told him that I dont agree with him on a religious level but with all the people he has fed & given blankets to, he is doing good in Gods eyes. He used to be a drug addict, womanizer, drunk..........he is a much better person today because of this religion. So as I said, I dont judge you based on your religious sect, I judge people based on their deeds. I think God does as well. :)

K

Kentucky Kache

Mighty AP said:
Point taken KK, perhaps I could have/should have worded that differently. I dont judge you & never will. I just dont see things the way you do & never will. I respect the fact that you believe what you do so fervently & I believe God does as well. My uncle has recently become a Christian & his church is really into feeding the poor & spreading the gospel, they go to Mexico & other foriegn countries & set up soup lines & pass out literature. Ive argued with him about the specifics of his beliefs & frankly he has become somewhat brainwashed in my opinion. Ive told him that I dont agree with him on a religious level but with all the people he has fed & given blankets to, he is doing good in Gods eyes. He used to be a drug addict, womanizer, drunk..........he is a much better person today because of this religion. So as I said, I dont judge you based on your religious sect, I judge people based on their deeds. I think God does as well. :)

But I had said nothing about you believing like me, or any other way. Had I? Just out of the blue I get accused of being a person who jumps on people who disagrees with me. Nothing could be further from the truth. Now we do have some heated debates on the "Religion" forum, that's a fact. But you have to take everything in context, and try to understand what the person is trying to get across. As far as what anyone believes, that was determined before the world was created. So, please don't ever think that I'm trying to save the world, because saving is God's work, not mine. I do try to share some things I KNOW to be the truth, and I do stand against what I KNOW to be false. What kind of person would I be if I didn't do that?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
Mighty AP said:

But I had said nothing about you believing like me, or any other way. Had I? Just out of the blue I get accused of being a person who jumps on people who disagrees with me. Nothing could be further from the truth. Now we do have some heated debates on the "Religion" forum, that's a fact. But you have to take everything in context, and try to understand what the person is trying to get across. As far as what anyone believes, that was determined before the world was created. So, please don't ever think that I'm trying to save the world, because saving is God's work, not mine. I do try to share some things I KNOW to be the truth, and I do stand against what I KNOW to be false. What kind of person would I be if I didn't do that?

Honestly KK, Ive seen some of the arguements in the religious forum & Ive seen you very involved although I usualy dont read them all the way through. When I said "Fanatic" I dont think I meant that in a bad way, its just that most "born again" Christians are very "fanatic" about their beliefs, very argumentative about it. You have to admit that some Christians are a little over the top, right? My uncle drives me crazy, every single thing I say he is looking in his bible to find scripture that pertains to my statement, he constantly tries to save my soul. It dont need saving but I love him for the thought. :) So KK, I am sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, Im sorry if I have offended you. That was not my intention at all.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
I'm okay. Misunderstood, but okay. ;D

Ah we are all misunderstood at times. My beliefs are not mainstream by any means at all........perhaps I'll begin to look at the religious forums & shake things up a bit. Who knows, maybe I'll learn a few things. :dontknow: Just remember KK, I may not always agree with you but I will always try to respect your point of view. :icon_thumleft:

K

Kentucky Kache

Mighty AP said:
Kentucky Kache said:
I'm okay. Misunderstood, but okay. ;D

Ah we are all misunderstood at times. My beliefs are not mainstream by any means at all........perhaps I'll begin to look at the religious forums & shake things up a bit. Who knows, maybe I'll learn a few things. :dontknow: Just remember KK, I may not always agree with you but I will always respect your point of view. :icon_thumleft:

Fair enough.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AP said let's not turn this into a bible thumpting discussion; THEN does it anyway. KARMA? none at all.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Shortstack said:
AP said let's not turn this into a bible thumpting discussion; THEN does it anyway. KARMA? none at all.

I said "arguement" not discussion, neither of us argued or thumped a bible. You could learn something from us. Dont twist my words & keep your nose outa my Karma shortstack.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
You guys are most surely dense . We had this very same discussion in Boston in 1754 and you said basically the same things . You guys can't remember worth a darn .I have to go now and campaign for Eisenhower . I have a real good feeling about his chances . We'll talk later .

EARTHWORKS

Apr 30, 2005
Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
paratrooper said:
You guys are most surely dense . We had this very same discussion in Boston in 1754 and you said basically the same things . You guys can't remember worth a darn .I have to go now and campaign for Eisenhower . I have a real good feeling about his chances . We'll talk later .

Too funny!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Shortstack said:

I said "arguement" not discussion, neither of us argued or thumped a bible. You could learn something from us. Dont twist my words & keep your nose outa my Karma shortstack.

ibid

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I think it's hard to have this kind-a discussion without involving religion. A past life is a sort-a recurring spirit or soul, meaning you keep being reborn- at least thats my basic understanding of it. I know there's more to it just based on the conversations here and elsewhere. However, any talk about spirits or spirituality will usually sooner than later be associated to religion and a persons belief about religion seems to overshadow that persons opinion about the subject of past lives. I personally, am enjoying this topic and the discussion between AP and KK. Although my personal beliefs are very (very, very) similar to what AP stated as his beliefs I'm not taking sides by any means but I must applaud both gentlemen for actually having a discussion and not an argument about religion. They stated their belief, their opinion, their differences, etc and ended it as a discussion and not a debate. I wish to commend you both.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
i seem to love the 1920's and the 1930's, I feel at home in houses built at that time , I love movies that filmed at that time ,the fashions, the dishes ,pictures everything . And I was wondering did i live during the 20's and 30's or what

K

Kentucky Kache

LuckyDragon said:
i seem to love the 1920's and the 1930's, I feel at home in houses built at that time , I love movies that filmed at that time ,the fashions, the dishes ,pictures everything . And I was wondering did i live during the 20's and 30's or what

Who would you have been in the '20's and '30's? What movies, house styles, etc. would THEY have liked?

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There have been some cases of spontaneous recollection of an apparent past life. Others have had some trigger to set it off, whether intentional or not. I may be sorry for saying this, but I've wondered...

Way back when the word "mini-series" was new, the novel "Holocaust" was shown on tv. Probably the 2nd or 3rd episode, there was a scene shot of a lot of people standing next to the ditch they'd been forced to dig... Suddenly, something "shifted" and I was seeing that scene, just a little bit different - this bush was over there, and that tree was a little to the right - like that. And I was seeing it in color.

We only had a black and white tv at that time (didn't get a color tv until 1981).

I've wondered about that ever since.

Nan

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
Allow me to 'reincarnate' this old, 'only temporarily dead' thread! :laughing7:

I've had the sense that I am old, old, for as long as I can remember. I always 'knew' things I was too young to ever have learned from experience (ie, dealing with others' emotions, understanding their deeper motivations, etc)

If anyone's interested in the tedious details I'm happy to oblige, but for now let's fast-forward to approx. 12-13 years ago (1997-1999 or thereabouts)

I went thru a very intense, very productive soul-searching phase. I faced a lot of unpleasant truths concerning my nuclear family (the family I grew up in), my own reasoning, my past & future choices, etc.

I began to dream dreams that came true. Again, if anyone wants the nitty-gritty I'll oblige...the most accurate concerns the man I was in the middle of deciding whether or not I should divorce.
I kept a diary and still have it. BTW, I did eventually divorce him.

The next striking (and most amazing!) concerned the future and the distant past.
I kept dreaming of a small baby boy, a BROWN/BLACK baby (I'm white) whom I loved sooo deeply in my dream.
Eventually, I decided I must be bound to adopt this 'Black or Brown' Child ~ I loved him so much, I knew he was central to my Life. (And Today? He is! All that, and more!)

I assumed I surely must eventually adopt this baby, as he was *everything* to me in my heart, during my dreams and even afterwards in my waking life, I would think of him and worry for his well-being. I felt he *needed* me. I *knew* he was real.

In Dec of 2005, guess what happened?
My eldest daughter gave birth to a baby boy, 1/2 Indian ('dots, not feathers!' yes, he is dark skinned ~) and he latched onto me immediately. Even now, almost 5, he tells anyone who cares to listen that he & I were brother & sister a long time ago. he never fails to ask me if I remember a certain situation & he provides details...ie, I (Granny) wandered off from a wooden house in the woods, and everyone ran to the river/big creek first and the Mama was screaming and crying...He, as my brother, had a bad leg and felt bad for not working as hard as the rest of the family...he was embarassed. He tells me that when I was the baby he took good care of me, and he's proud of me for taking good care of him in return <3 How sweet is that?!

He has (spontaneously) told me that it's a good thing to come back - it gives us a chance to "fix things and do it all over again"
This conversation happened when he was almost asleep, and I had read several books to him.
He has asked me (as early as he could form words together) remember when I was your big brother and * I took good care of you?*
He has even drawn parallels - ie, 'Granny, you love me the way I used to love you' and "You're a good Granny! You take care of me like I always took care of you" etc
We have a nonchalant , extraordinary relationship. We are so IN TUNE, this 4 yr old child & this 47 yr old granny....
'We' are "US" ~ and he knows it so much better than do I!

There are a lot of details he has shared with me...
I am just sad that he will forget them, as he grows older... : (

It's heartbreaking/uplifting...

xox

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
I think it is time to bump this topic back up to the top. I am a story teller, the stories are in my head and it has become time to put them down on paper. One story has to do with the use of hypnosis in bring someone back through past lifetimes to find what I believe is a very large hidden treasure. I do have bits and pieces of evidence that point me in the direction of this being a true story. I worked with a fellow 40 years ago that claimed to have been brought back through 3 lifetimes through hypnosis preformed on him by a deep water diver. It is my feeling that this diver found something buried on the floor of the Gulf of Mexico back in the 1940's that could have been clues to this hidden treasure. The fellow claims to have been brought back to a lifetime when he was a cabin boy on a sailing ship. I have evidence of a deep water diver looking for something back in the 1940's in an area of Louisiana that is very well known for hidden treasure. Any thoughts on this subject would be much abligded .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread