Pauline Innis

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The said can be said about Claudine Fulton Ellis and her claim of the missing Beale letter found in a family Bible and the story of Ebenezer Nelms, proprietor of the Blackhorse Tavern in Roanoke murdering George Rader Brugh alleged proprietor of St Louis Planters Hotel who was alleged to be the letters delivery person, which Ellis claimed to have visited, observing Brugh's portrait hanging in the lobby.
During the Beale period of stay, Brugh was not the proprietor, in the 1830's another Planters Hotel was built, and then another in 1891.By 1922 the Hotel was converted into an office building, named was changed to the Cotton Building in 1930, and was torn down in 1976.
What Planters Hotel did she visit?
Like Pauline Innis, who was friends with Jeanne Dixon, Ellis also had psychic abilities. The source most of her Beale information came from this ability, and both Innis and Eliis's books do seem to have information related to the HART PAPERS and not to Ward's 1885 Beale Papers.
This is the basic Ellis story that Franklin brought to the discussion.
You need to ask him to elaborate, M Poe as he was friends with Ellis.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't have access to those photos do you? The stereo camera was in the area from 1840's on. Are you sure she did not see a portrait of this person or are you just inventing facts again?
Ellis claims that she found this missing Beale :key" letter in the 1940's, not the 1840's.
Notice that the Planters Hotel in St Louis did not exist as a hotel since 1922, and was torn down in 1976, and the date given for this alleged visit of hers...should suffice as an answer.:thumbsup:
If someone is "inventing facts" concerning this Brugh portrait, it is NOT me, M Poe.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice that the Planters Hotel in St Louis did not exist as a hotel since 1922, and was torn down in 1976, and the date given for this alleged visit of hers...should suffice as an answer.:thumbsup:

For the last time, ECS. The women has physic powers. I described on this forum where I went with her to the Blackhorse Tavern and saw the grave with the grass cut to the ground. She called the next morning and said the grass and weeds in that same location was waist high. I went to check it out and the grass was waist high. Physics can transcend time. I have seen and I know it can happen. So what is your problem. Also masterpoe was giving a rebuttal to your statement about the photograph. Since you dug up this whole can of worms. Why don't you answer him?

Also before photograph there was a number of hand painted pictures such as Peale's.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe I have concerning the alleged Brugh portrait, who I might add, was NOT the proprietor of the St Louis Planters Hotel during the Beale time period.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take that up with Claudine Fulton Ellis. I have nothing further to do with that or you. It is in her book. Why can you not let anything go, I mean over and over. Get a life.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have access to those photos do you? The stereo camera was in the area from 1840's on. Are you sure she did not see a portrait of this person or are you just inventing facts again?

Do not accuse any member of lying again.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If, as you have stated many time, to determine if the Beale story and treasure is real or just a story, one must remove the misinformation and lore that surrounds this tale that gets repeated as fact.

At one time it was posted that the signer of the Declaration of Independence, Robert Morris Jr, was related to the Robert Morriss of the Beale Papers, which was proven to be wrong, and discarded as fact.
The same with the Academy of Fine Arts building at 600 Main Street, Lynchburg, that was claimed to have been the home of Robert Moriss but was discarded as fact after it was proven that it built in 1905, forty years after his death.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I would call it more of a monothetical mental leap. Or just a brain fart! Never would I say ECS was lying, for he actually thinks it's true.
Please reread post #122, and you will realize it is not just what I "think is true", it is what is true.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ellis claims that she found this missing Beale :key" letter in the 1940's, not the 1840's.
If someone is "inventing facts" concerning this Brugh portrait, it is NOT me, M Poe.

For your Information, you need to read Claudine Fulton Ellis' book, "The Beale Treasure, The Key." She said she found the "KEY" at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker Creek in Roanoke, Va., not at the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis. Just read.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What about the post where you stated that she went to St Louis and visited the Planters Hotel and saw the portrait of George Radar Brugh, the proprietor of this hotel during the Beale period( Evarist Maury was owner and proprietor 1822-1832), and Beale giving him the "key" letter to deliver to Morriss?

I am aware of where she claimed to have found the "key" letter, and never stated that she found the "key" letter at the Planters Hotel.

It is the Planters Hotel visit that is in question, since it ceased being a hotel 11 years before Ellis was born, the name was changed to the COTTON BUILDING 3 years before she was born, and was demolished in 1976.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the post where you stated that she went to St Louis and visited the Planters Hotel and saw the portrait of George Radar Brugh, the proprietor of this hotel during the Beale period( Evarist Maury was owner and proprietor 1822-1832), and Beale giving him the "key" letter to deliver to Morriss?

I am aware of where she claimed to have found the "key" letter, and never stated that she found the "key" letter at the Planters Hotel.

It is the Planters Hotel visit that is in question, since it ceased being a hotel 11 years before Ellis was born, the name was changed to the COTTON BUILDING 3 years before she was born, and was demolished in 1976.

Who was the proprietor from 1832 to 1840? The letter was delivered to Roanoke after 1832.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who was the proprietor from 1832 to 1840? The letter was delivered to Roanoke after 1832.
The Planters Hotel on Second street in St Louis ceased operations sometimes in the early 1830's, for a group of investors including several fur traders who started an early St Louis bank, funded a new Planters Hotel in 1836 to be built on Fourth and Pine in St Louis, which opened in 1841, with Messers Stickley and McKnight as co-proprietors.
There is NO mention of George Radar Brugh as ever being proprietor or associated with the Planters Hotel of St Louis.
If you have documentation outside of Ellis proving Brugh's involvement with the Planters Hotel, please provide it.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What key? Nobody has ever even seen this "alleged" key, no trace of it's alleged existence has ever been discovered. The only source of this alleged key is in the author's narration, no other outside confirmation has ever been discovered, and all other unconfirmed claims come from sources after the publication, all of these "completely unsupported" sources all being related to projects for profit.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I do not share.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Are we now able to put this George Radar Brugh's murder by Ebenezer Nelms to prevent the letter from being delivered to Robert Morriss to rest as lore presented as fact?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can rest all you want. Who cares.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, it all comes back to the total lack of any provenance in support of the tale. This is why so much of this other unsupported stuff can even exist, and exactly why it does exist because there is absolutely zero provenance in connection with the tale to prove it wrong. Smart and crafty authors are/were fully aware of this, this is why they can claim anything they want, and why they have. :icon_thumright:

It's also why it is still being done even today.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once anyone has provenance----------GAME OVER.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread