Pewter US button(1808-1830), Pewter Infantry(1812-1815), Rare Pewter OffIcer

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't done with the title but ran out of room. I also dug a gorgeous script RA button(1811-1813) and an 1818 Large Cent.
Wow what an insane day! I went to the site I was at the other day. I took a snow shovel and removed snow from 20X20' sections and gridded em out. It worked awesome and was super easy to know where you'd swung. This site lit up. I dug 3 pewter so but could only see a design on one. I dud the large cent from under a dead tree that I moved. I continued to try to detect the eroded banks as well and took several falls. One of these falls almost cost me my eye when a broken off limb hit me in the face about a half inch from my eyeball and another stuck me in the neck. After one such fall I said to hell with it and decided to swing down in the rocks on the waters edge. That's where the nice looking RA button was found.
When I got home and started cleaning up the pewter so was shocked that all 3 had something on them. One I believe may be very rare but I could be wrong. It's folded badly but I can see the eagle with stars. I believe it may be an Infantry officer button. The confirmed buttons are a Pewter US general service from 1808-1830. A beautiful Pewter Infantry button(1812-1815), and the Regiment of Artillerists(1811-1813). I am so damn psyched about these buttons and the condition is amazing for pewter. Also dug a tiny little buckle looking thing with designs on it. Now for some food and rest 8-)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the one that could be a very rare bird....eagle to be exact lol. I know it's hard to tell but I think it may be the one I'm showing from the Alberts book.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 33

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible hunt! The RA button is killer bud, as is the rest of them. I can't fathom what that site will hold when spring arrives and you get to cover more ground. Plates, buttons, relics....dear lord!!! I'm going to enjoy watching the friendly competition between you and IP. Gonna be a fun year! :headbang:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't have the book, so is it just me that thinks the 'I' button is not on the page pictured? I see a line through the oval, most have stars alone?

Im in total agreement. Good eyes

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have the book, so is it just me that thinks the 'I' button is not on the page pictured? I see a line through the oval, most have stars alone?

Certainly looks like an extra line there. Good eye

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible hunt! The RA button is killer bud, as is the rest of them. I can't fathom what that site will hold when spring arrives and you get to cover more ground. Plates, buttons, relics....dear lord!!! I'm going to enjoy watching the friendly competition between you and IP. Gonna be a fun year! :headbang:

Thanks bud. Nice to have a few good ones the first week of January. This could be s really good spot in the spring

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
War of 1812 buttons! I love 'em. Your pewters are in great shape - no flaking, no rim loss. The RA button is sweet. Have fun on that site Abe!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be. I will have to figure out who to contact to get more info. Glad you noticed

Thinking a line left over from when it was cast or just the oxidation being build up and looking like a line. If there's nothing similar in the book you can be sure it's one of the two and not a new button.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking a line left over from when it was cast or just the oxidation being build up and looking like a line. If there's nothing similar in the book you can be sure it's one of the two and not a new button.

What other button books are good for old military? I've got Tice and Alberts

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Simply you did great Abe and the results are stacking the odds in your favour! Just keeping the area down to 20'X 20' might be a good thing as it keeps a person focused on the 400 sq.ft. instead of 10,000+ that one would easily cover in a hunt. You're killing it in the 2016 season:occasion14:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's die hard hunting Abe:skullflag:Congrats on those sweet buttons man.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
War of 1812 buttons! I love 'em. Your pewters are in great shape - no flaking, no rim loss. The RA button is sweet. Have fun on that site Abe!

I'm psyched and encouraged with the condition of these pewters. Hope to get over a couple nice Rev War buttons some day....soon

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply you did great Abe and the results are stacking the odds in your favour! Just keeping the area down to 20'X 20' might be a good thing as it keeps a person focused on the 400 sq.ft. instead of 10,000+ that one would easily cover in a hunt. You're killing it in the 2016 season:occasion14:

Thanks Pep. It sure seemed to work well. Looking forward to spring. It is damn cold tonight

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will melt the snow in this whole damn county to get to that next great find. I'm also buying a kayak to get me to those difficult sites. One I will be calling tree coin island. Mark my words there's one there. Hopefully Rhode Hog doesn't come around lol

You can have my kayak since the person I detect with is scared of mud and snakes so I won't need it.
Those are some incredible buttons. Was this a site you researched?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have my kayak since the person I detect with is scared of mud and snakes so I won't need it.
Those are some incredible buttons. Was this a site you researched?

Yes. I actually figured it would be cleaned out. But it's another hard to get to place. I'm shocked to get all these buttons. Far better than I imagined. Is Bill really afraid of mud? Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread