Pewter US button(1808-1830), Pewter Infantry(1812-1815), Rare Pewter OffIcer

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't done with the title but ran out of room. I also dug a gorgeous script RA button(1811-1813) and an 1818 Large Cent.
Wow what an insane day! I went to the site I was at the other day. I took a snow shovel and removed snow from 20X20' sections and gridded em out. It worked awesome and was super easy to know where you'd swung. This site lit up. I dug 3 pewter so but could only see a design on one. I dud the large cent from under a dead tree that I moved. I continued to try to detect the eroded banks as well and took several falls. One of these falls almost cost me my eye when a broken off limb hit me in the face about a half inch from my eyeball and another stuck me in the neck. After one such fall I said to hell with it and decided to swing down in the rocks on the waters edge. That's where the nice looking RA button was found.
When I got home and started cleaning up the pewter so was shocked that all 3 had something on them. One I believe may be very rare but I could be wrong. It's folded badly but I can see the eagle with stars. I believe it may be an Infantry officer button. The confirmed buttons are a Pewter US general service from 1808-1830. A beautiful Pewter Infantry button(1812-1815), and the Regiment of Artillerists(1811-1813). I am so damn psyched about these buttons and the condition is amazing for pewter. Also dug a tiny little buckle looking thing with designs on it. Now for some food and rest 8-)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the one that could be a very rare bird....eagle to be exact lol. I know it's hard to tell but I think it may be the one I'm showing from the Alberts book.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 33
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused. What I thought was a variation from the published book was the horizontal line in the bottom oval, going though what looks like a star in some or a dot in others.

That's what I was talking about as well.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• imageLUURHWSX.jpeg.jpg
    imageLUURHWSX.jpeg.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty close. It may or may not be enough of an uncommon difference to make a collector get the 'full set'. Not sure, but I would want one, if I had all the others.

The other top bit is part of the loop of the scripted letter;

Thanks Cru. I'd love to find out more but I don't happen to know any "1812 button experts". I wonder just how common it is for tgese slight variations to come about. I'm sure it's fairly common as there's just so many different buttons

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG THERE PEG LEG I MEAN AHAB , THATS A FINE BUNCH OF BUTTONS .

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't you dot dot dot me buddy! I've been in hibernation but I'm awake now. Picked up my sea kayak yesterday, a new coin, an upgraded machine and I am READY! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Care to guess how many o's are there? Lol

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I'm psyched buddy. Truly hope we have a killer 2016. Hope mines just a wee bit better 8-)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you dot dot dot me buddy! I've been in hibernation but I'm awake now. Picked up my sea kayak yesterday, a new coin, an upgraded machine and I am READY! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Care to guess how many o's are there? Lol

You should have been paying less attention to the dots... because the muskets were getting ready to fire! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I'm psyched buddy. Truly hope we have a killer 2016. Hope mines just a wee bit better 8-)

It's a funny thing because you never know how it's going to go, and I say that because I personally measure my year by the number of good or great finds... and what comes out is obviously something we don't control. However, this is by far the earliest in the year we've ever done a land dig, so there is the potential to actually have something on the board before Summer... because last year neither IH or myself had anything. As for the rest we'll just do what we do and see what happens. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a funny thing because you never know how it's going to go, and I say that because I personally measure my year by the number of good or great finds... and what comes out is obviously something we don't control. However, this is by far the earliest in the year we've ever done a land dig, so there is the potential to actually have something on the board before Summer... because last year neither IH or myself had anything. As for the rest we'll just do what we do and see what happens. :thumbsup:

I love the anticipation of digging the first holes in the dirt. Knowing you could potentially walk over something that will blow your mind. You may dig the find of your life. You may dig #1 on your dream list. Such a cool hobby. Win or lose I hope we both have some killer finds for the collection. Good luck tomorrow buddy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a small treasure!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the anticipation of digging the first holes in the dirt. Knowing you could potentially walk over something that will blow your mind. You may dig the find of your life. You may dig #1 on your dream list. Such a cool hobby. Win or lose I hope we both have some killer finds for the collection. Good luck tomorrow buddy

Same to you Abe, it should be a great year!

Tomorrow we're looking at a place we haven't been in about 5 years. Several early military finds have come out in the area so if either one of us can pop a button I'll call it success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread