Pioneer scribble or something ELSE? (pics of find updated)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pioneer scribble or something ELSE?

Blind.In.Texas said:
Rattlesnake Joe said:
History in not your story, or my story, but His-story. His-story tells us lies because the powers that be want to keep us in darkness. The real truth they keep hidden from us. Why? Because "they" control us. It is easy for "them" to control us because they have the power. They control everything and we are so brainwashed and deceived we can't see what they are doing. Watch John Carpenters movie "They Live" then you will begin to "see". Watch, listen and read alternative media. The main stream media is "their" way of controling us. Throw your TV away as it is evil. You are being brainwashed while you watch your favorite shows. Start thinking outside the box. Read The Biggest Secret by David Icke. Listen to the words of Red Elk on You Tube. Read ' 1984 ' by George Orwell. Pray and put some energy into finding the truth...and you will begin to wake up and "see".
How did you get all of that from J.I.(T.) MorSE?

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Maybe the naysayers are trying a new tactic. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Blind.In.Texas said:
Rattlesnake Joe said:
History in not your story, or my story, but His-story. His-story tells us lies because the powers that be want to keep us in darkness. The real truth they keep hidden from us. Why? Because "they" control us. It is easy for "them" to control us because they have the power. They control everything and we are so brainwashed and deceived we can't see what they are doing. Watch John Carpenters movie "They Live" then you will begin to "see". Watch, listen and read alternative media. The main stream media is "their" way of controling us. Throw your TV away as it is evil. You are being brainwashed while you watch your favorite shows. Start thinking outside the box. Read The Biggest Secret by David Icke. Listen to the words of Red Elk on You Tube. Read ' 1984 ' by George Orwell. Pray and put some energy into finding the truth...and you will begin to wake up and "see".
How did you get all of that from J.I.(T.) MorSE?

;D

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Went back out today. Two packs, two-box, and shovel. HOT!
Didn't learn much but I did document everything very carefully and then removed ("removed" sounds soooooo much easier than what it was) the 'stake' from the ground. Ended up being one of those "everything that can go wrong ... outings."

Anyway, 34.5" long. Take a look. Please comment as I have no idea what this is nor why it would be pounded into the ground in such an obscure location. Thanks in advance!

M

Attachments

• spike.jpg
    spike.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 868
  • spike2.jpg
    spike2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 876

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

mannings said:
Went back out today. Two packs, two-box, and shovel. HOT!
Didn't learn much but I did document everything very carefully and then removed ("removed" sounds soooooo much easier than what it was) the 'stake' from the ground. Ended up being one of those "everything that can go wrong ... outings."

Anyway, 34.5" long. Take a look. Please comment as I have no idea what this is nor why it would be pounded into the ground in such an obscure location. Thanks in advance!

M

That end sure looks like a 'star drill'.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

star drill. the one's i have used were only about 12-14 inches long. that one was probably used in hard to get to places.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008

The Rod is a star drill used in mining that has been broken off, and may have been put there to mark the location of something very special that was hidden.

Minetres

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

minetres said:
The Rod is a star drill used in mining that has been broken off, and may have been put there to mark the location of something very special that was hidden.

Minetres

Yah like a stick of dynomite!

Was there any mining in the vicinity?

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA

Blind.In.Texas said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
I see 2 arrows pointing to the eye of the eagle, just sayin :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
How do we prove it is a bird? How it is relevant to what he's working on?
Idk, i saw the pic posted so i took it and showed what i saw in hopes it would help.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jdsarasin8194 said:
Blind.In.Texas said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
I see 2 arrows pointing to the eye of the eagle, just sayin :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
How do we prove it is a bird? How it is relevant to what he's working on?
Idk, i saw the pic posted so i took it and showed what i saw in hopes it would help.
I didn't mean anything by that. Sorry about that. Every little bit can help.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

FOUND! --- A small treasure that I find very perplexing. Pics tomorrow. This I found on TOP of the ground (was MD'ing, but eye-spotted). Kinda mangled, a bit abused, bent into an "S" type form, but, nonetheless a new reality I am forced to deal with. A Spanish coin with a date of 1757.

The coin is well worn, "shiny" and, again, 'mangled.' Like I said, doesn't fit my KGC treasure-type mindset, but then again .... ?????? sorry all, really confused .. appreciate the small find but, IF relevant, throws me off.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Patrick,
Spanish coinage was accepted coinage in thye US in the 1850s and 60s.
Cool find, Can't wait to see it.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Thanks OD. I know this is not a 'bad' find, only frustrating a bit because of what I thought I knew. Gonna post pics TONIGHT.

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006

Coin found in the "yard" of my search. (for better or worse)

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 730
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 735
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 737
OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Yeah, I know I'm just too demanding. I "think" I knew that this is a KGC site. Maybe not for sure, but I now feel I gotta look more at Spanish. Except, I think - I think - the site is overall more 1800's ............. just keep going ..

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
starsplitter said:
mannings...

Archeological sites are layered. I imagine treasure sites can be too. Perhaps a "survey" of your site might help determine what is up? Have you taken inventory of site use or history? Considering all the effort you are putting into this, I imagine so.

Keep up the thread... this is really interesting! Thanks.
The original Old Spanish Trail skirts many miles to his west. He is part of the Armijo Branch of the OST. The first recorded Euro-Americans to visit the area were the Dominguez-Escalante Party in 1776 His coin was made in 1757. His town was founded in 1861. White people were in the area as early as the 1830s.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Just my two cents worth (and might be counterfit and unspendable). It could still be KGC as it seems like they spent time looking for the spanish stuff and either re-marked (easier to do) or moved and re-buried. Sure can get confusing when the signs are mixed. Nice find and good luck.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
Just my two cents worth (and might be counterfit and unspendable). It could still be KGC as it seems like they spent time looking for the spanish stuff and either re-marked (easier to do) or moved and re-buried. Sure can get confusing when the signs are mixed. Nice find and good luck.
NC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread