Pirate Treasure-Trying to get a permit to dig up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im curious why my posts are an issue for you? I spent a lot of time helping others when the site first started. Thats before we were sold out. Im certainly not trying to build up my post count.. Now what exactly is your question?

BTW I dont remember you ever ticking me off until now. I always thought your posts were very interesting... that is until now.
Not an issue for me... It just seemed humorous given the reference to killing the thread and getting along... So not wanting the thread to die, I inject a little dig to kind of keep the banter going. Now if KK would just chime back in I think I may accomplish it!:laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lastleg-A guy showed up in Englewood with an Anderson Rod. He was an ex-member of Mel Fisher's crew. He only used dowsing to tell him if something was there. After that he used electronics to pinpoint what he was seeking. Dowsing works differently for each person. I am by far not an expert on the subject but I have studied and researched it for the last 25 years trying to figure it out. I go into a long explanation in my book. Actually anyone that does not like what I put on here will definitly not like my book because I go into deep detail on all stories and also share personal stories unrelated to treasure.

This is some of what I have learned about dowsing.

If you think that it won't work, it won't.

It does not matter what you use: forked stick, pendulum, rods, bare hands, mind only, etc. If you think some method will probably work best for you, it will.

When you ask it a question, you need to go with the first answer it gives you. Don't ask the question again. If you are not willing to go with the first answer. don't try dowsing. It won't work for you.

If you are going to ask questions, be very specific.

Don't try dowsing if you are not in a position to highly concentrate on what you are doing.

Dowsing taps into a 6th sense that we all have, you will be sub-consciously making your instrument move.

If the information you seek does not exist anywhere, you will not be able to come up with it. For example-winning lottery numbers.

Dowsing works the very best if you use it to help others.

All the above are just my own opinions. I have been asked why I don't use my own rods and do my own dowsing. It is because I don't think I am very good at it and this causes me to not be very good at it.

ECS-I have been told that I am overly sensitve to comments made on here. You are also telling me that I over react. I challenge ANYONE to start their own thread, put your heart and soul on it for all to see, and then see how you feel when others make derogatory comments about what you have to say. I guarantee you that I have a thicker skin than you do.

As far as veiled threats of bodily harm? I said I would straighten you out. I am only 4'-11" and 110 pounds. When I go online I gain 100 lbs and 12 inches in height. What I would do to you in person would be to use my EVIL EYE to look into your eyes. You would tremble and quake in your slippers. Just kidding. Ask anyone that knows or has met me, I am one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I only know two nicer guys than me and they are my brothers.

BCH- I have stated MANY times that there may be nothing of value to be found. I even went into long drawn out scenarios with that as the ending. Has this ever come close to making me give up? Second thoughts, ARE YOU KIDDING?

What's this talk about killing a thread? I must have missed that. Maybe I am wrong but the only people that can kill a thread are the people running the website.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this: ask a question about something you are pondering. Then go to a bookshelf and quickly choose and open a book to a page and without looking point to a location. Read the word first, then the sentence and paragraph if you have not got an answer already. Works for me!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the backhoe will be followed by other treasure hunters trying to jump Tim's legitimate claim! The state may yet regret their decision when the wannabes hit the bluff with picks and shovels!

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hotzone- I am going to assume you are serious about looking for answers as you do. I actually beleive it and many other things like that are possible. Do you think it is happenstance or do you think you are in some way being guided?

BCH- No, if there was silver put there, it is still there. I am always thinking about the treasures. I mean off and on everyday. I have a lot of other things going on, but my mind always goes back to treasure. I am definitely obsessed. It has almost made me a little crazy. The treasure story started for me in the summer of 1987. I try to do other things and I have lots of hobbies. Treasure is not a hobby to me.

After I found out about the German U-boat U-853 treasure my life has never been the same. This was a first-hand account story that happened to a friend of mine from childhood. It was not about dowsing, LRL's, metal detectors, pirates, Ouija boards, etc. It was about millions in diamonds from the sub. The story I have of the diamonds is not in any book. It was while researching about this sub that I came to know Ovid. I have NO doubts about these diamonds.

Do I have second thoughts about Ovid and all the treasures? Yes. The story is so far-fetched to a normal person that I have to constantly remind myself of all the things I saw to keep from convincing myself that it is not possible that the treasures exist. I have a great eye for detail. I have a way of figuring things out that causes my friends to constantly get with me to help solve a problem. You can ask any of them and they will tell you.

I am going to put something on here that I have not said before. I know that when I say it ALL of the naysayers are going to write me off as a lost cause. I am sharing things on TN that are in my book. Because I will be releasing it in the coming weeks I don't mind putting some stuff on here.

I have psyshic abilities that are not normal. I have PROVEN them to the people closest to me time and again. I have predicted with certain accuracy, fires, deaths, future events and more. I am sure there are many other people that can do this. I refuse to go into a long drawn out discussion on this thread about this claim. Just accept that I believe it. Couple this with all these treasure stories and sites. It makes for one crazy sounding individual.

If I had told you upfront that I think there are pirate chests in Englewood because I am psychic, most reading this would probably have read no more of my blathering about all these "treasure stories". Just remember if some of the things I say on here end up being true, just think of the possibilities. I list at least a half a dozen verifiable psychic events in my life with the details, in my book. That's all I really want to say on the subject. Make fun of me if you want. Try to keep it nice. I can handle the negativity, it just gets old after awhile.

In the future can we please keep the bickering with each other off of this thread. I know a lot of you are old timers on here and I am the newbie. I am sure you all have been at this with each other for years. Please leave me out of it. I have lots more stories. No matter what anyone may think about what I say, I believe everything that I put on here.

Until I become rich and famous and stuck up, if you care to visit me I live in SW Florida. I have put my website info on this thread. I even put my dogs on here. I go by bigdogdad because when I joined in March I needed a name for on here. My name is Tim. Refer to me on here however you want as long as it's not too nasty.

Keep the questions coming if you want. Try not to ask too much more about the details of the pirater silver. As I have been told about a thousand times on
here and in real life. I TALK TOO MUCH.

I have written my book with a young audience in mind. There is nothing bad and there is no vulgarity or cuss words. It is suitable to read for anyone that has learned to read. I will have about 60 to 70 pictures in it from the story. At a later date I will be adding video. I have actually videoed the majority of the dig attempts, sometimes hiring proffesionals. I think the majority of people that decide to recieve my book will find it very entertaining.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD, I have a guardian angel that looks out for my well being as well as animal totems as spirit guides. I acquired the ground squirrel for instance during my artifact hunting days digging in all those holes. Did I answer your question?:icon_scratch:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you there Ouiji?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like an antique one, but I don't know anyone that is far enough out there to man the other side!:laughing9:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigdog....sorry to have been late in replying. If you search this forum you will see some of my many gold finds which led to me appearing in the U.S. made film "Million Dollar Metal Detectives" which still turns up on T.V. every so often. First million took 22 years, second, five years. Needless to say I haven't had the need to "work" in all that period. As the number of metal detectors seems to worry you its in fact a big drop from the twenty two I had up till last year. The reason for so many is partly because there's still no do it all detector, well not do it all well, and having no need to trade in to buy the next machine its nice to retain some old classics so that newcomers to the hobby can see just how well, which tends to be not well at all, many of the latest all singing, all dancing detectors do in real life.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it wasnt for the Ouija Board there would be no TreasureNet. Here is Marcs story and Marc is the creator of TN. He recently sold the site and I would imagine he is now living his dream.

Ok just so I understand. Marc found the treasure but due to the landowner & the university he lost all claim to his finds and the landowner got all of the $?????

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok just so I understand. Marc found the treasure but due to the landowner & the university he lost all claim to his finds and the landowner got all of the $?????
Yes he lost it all. I dont know if I can find the old threads with his story. Im hoping he will come back and tell us more.

In my theory TreasureNet was his "church".

EDIT: but Marc made out good when he sold his website (TN).

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I now find myself driving by the location multiple times a day. My phone woke me up in the middle of the night and it was a random meaningless text. I started to convince myself that it was a sign for me to go to the site as someone was trying to STEAL the silver. I am hoping that is not the case. Things cannot keep going like this.

I am a man of action. I don't always act correctly, but I do try to make the right moves. I am going to try to make the state help with this. I know it is like beating my head against the wall. Depending on what the wall is made of I just might break it as I have an EXTREMELY hard head. I will not allow the state officials to continue ignoring me.

U.K.Brian- I am impressed. Would you like to join the team. I am very serious.

I had put something on this post which I deleted and was not proud of. You can delete your own posts but if someone quotes you it is here to stay unless they choose to delete it. A word to the wise. Think hard before you post.

Last edited:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes he lost it all. I dont know if I can find the old threads with his story. Im hoping he will come back and tell us more.

WOW! I'd love to read THAT story!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD - I wish you the best of luck in all of these trials & tribulations. I'm just dying to see how this finally pans out! If it were me I'd have probably just started diggin to see what was there.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That would seem to go with the way I understand psychic abilities... somehow you are prevented from profitting...:coffee2:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big C's post count is high because of the years he has spent here helping members identify items found. 99% of members here with the high post counts could not care a nat's butt about the post count, to imply other wise insults them.

When someone spend years here helping members you post count will get high it is just the nature of the site.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
BDD, you go too far assuming you are more intelligent than others. Big Cypress is a kind and gentle soul who helps others,
not himself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH. Your a good person. You would be doing me a favor if you could eliminate about 10.000 or so from my avatar. Not the posts themselves, just the number. Im tired of being insulted over my high post count.

I'm also starting to get tired of reading about a few who complain about the post count of members who have been here years helping other members.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Big C's post count is high because of the years he has spent here helping members identify items found. 99% of members here with the high post counts could not care a nat's butt about the post count, to imply other wise insults them.

When someone spend years here helping members you post count will get high it is just the nature of the site.

Treasure Hunter, Nice to see that I am not the only one that appreciates help from posters that have been here a long time.
My Great Grandfather had an old saying. I think it applies here as well. Too soon we get old, too late we get smart. :skullflag:

diverdan

Jun 16, 2011
Ellenton, FL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it looks like BigDogDad lost his treasure. Just like Marc. After reading all the posts here, I know exactly where it is. I went to go take a look Sunday and it looks like someone already dug it up. My advice to you BDD is just forget about this one and go to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread