Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could possibly quit and start over. Im actually kind of embarrassed that I spent so much time behind the computer. Since I learned to use a computer, it has opened up a new world for me. I dont even watch TV anymore. Wow it sure adds up quick! I wish I had a dime for every post lol.

But Im afraid that would eliminate the archives if I quit and started over.

You would lose it all, don't do it.. We would lose years of data on identifying finds in the archives. .

You have nothing to be embarrassed about at all, your posts are high because of the years of research and help you have provided TN and it's members...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can dowse telephone, electrical and water lines only. I have never dowsed any treasure nor do I believe I have the ability to do so.

It is just my personal opinion but I look at it like fortune tellers, if it worked they would be rich and have no reason to sell their services. If I had designed and built something that could detect treasure from miles away, I would own the only one, I would not be selling it to anyone.. Again just my personal opinion...

Last edited:

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can dowse telephone, electrical and water lines only. I have never dowsed any treasure nor do I believe I have the ability to do so.

I was skeptical until I saw the guy from FPL (Florida Power & Light) one morning while I was going to work. He was walking across the road with two L rods in small PVC pipes he was holding. A guy was stooping behind him with a can of spray paint marking the road. When I went to lunch they had the road dug up where they had marked it. FPL probably has some of the best cable detecting equipment available but here was this guy with his dowsing rods. Ya gotta have faith if you're bringing in the backhoe to tear up 4 lanes of road.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Okay, where to start. Just got in from work.
BCH-I am truly sorry for apparently insulting you. It was you yourself that said you were going to try to combine your posts more. I was only joking about beating Jeff of P.A.'s high post count. As you saw I had immediately followed what I said with what I thought was praise. If anyone needs to cut back on the posts maybe it is me as I seem to have a habit of upsetting people when that is not my true intention. I was only saying something because there seemed to be some members that have had on going feuds picking at each other on here. From now on I will try to put a little more thought into my posts. I just get a little frustrated sometimes. Sorry.

Diverdan-It's still there. I was by there Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and four times today. It was a very interesting day there today. Thanks for the heads up.
Details later.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was skeptical until I saw the guy from FPL (Florida Power & Light) one morning while I was going to work. He was walking across the road with two L rods in small PVC pipes he was holding. A guy was stooping behind him with a can of spray paint marking the road. When I went to lunch they had the road dug up where they had marked it. FPL probably has some of the best cable detecting equipment available but here was this guy with his dowsing rods. Ya gotta have faith if you're bringing in the backhoe to tear up 4 lanes of road.

Dennis I was working for a major telecommunication company when I was doing it. I had someone bet me they could locate my cables with 2 pieces of wires, I took the bet and lost $10.00, he then showed me how to do it and I found that I could also do it...... I don't try to explain why it works, I just know I can do it, been doing it since 1990.........

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dowsing- The average person can take two clothes hangers and with no experience or practice locate utility lines or pipes. I have seen this happen many times. I have worked construction in Florida since 1979. I learned about dowsing in 1987. Since then I have talked to every plumber I have met and asked him and his helpers if they dowse. The overwhelming majority of them either do or know someone that does. I too have watched county workers use rods instead of the electronic equipment provided them. To us believers there is absolutely no doubt in our minds that dowsing works. It is because of this that I take such offense when someone wants to write off my story as hogwash because so much of it is based on my experience with a dowser.

If an amateur can find wires and pipes, why is it so hard to believe that an expert can find a pile of metal?

My friend Ovid did not start actively dowsing until he was in his early fifties. He dowsed as much and as often as possible for the next thirty five years. He had many, many success stories. He got better because he was willing to test himself. With each success he gained confidence. Confidence is one of the keys to getting better at ANYTHING. By the time I met him he was a bonafide expert at dowsing.

He was the first person I had ever seen dowse. I had no idea at first of his experiences until we had spent some time together. Once I got to know him I knew that he had no hidden agenda with me and just enjoyed the hunt. He had gotten to the point where he was very wary of showing people what he could do. Upon meeting me he felt that I was an honest person and would not take advantage of him.

The problem was that I was in a hurry to dig something up and did not always have a good plan. On the original Englewood pirate chest dig I had a large construction company lined up that was going to do all the digging. They had clam shell cranes, back hoes, pumps, shoring material, and everything else needed to properly dig in Florida. I had set everything up for the dig as there were a lot of factors to deal with. Less than a week prior to the dig, the owner of the construction company told his crew that they could not work with me. He had originally ok'ed it but when he found out about the dowsing he backed out.

If I had been smart I would have cancelled the dig right then and there. Not one to listen to good advice ( still not good at this, but trying) I proceeded full steam ahead. Unbeknown to me the guy putting in the septic system (I had wanted to do the dig prior to this) had found out about our plans and tore the ground up in the location we eventually dug. All I will say is that it turned out to be a disaster for me. This was my introduction to treasure digging.

Fast forward 25 years. I drove by the site this morning. There was a large truck on site that had actually been there saturday. I had asked the guys driving the truck on Saturday what was going on. They did not seem real friendly and I let it go. This was also when I discovered that someone had snuck in and made a dig attempt. The two guys were marking spots on the ground with a spray can. This definitely got my attention.

I stopped in the road in my truck and asked them what was going on. They said they were looking for treasure and it was EVERYWHERE. Now they REALLY had my attention. I pulled off the road and got out to talk to them. When I asked what kind of treasure it was, they said it was cables. It was their job to locate the cables and that's what they were doing. They were only joking about treasure as they are constantly asked if they are finding any. I was relieved.

They did say there were some people there the day before. They were walking the property with electronic equipment strapped to their back. I looked and saw where many pink flags had been placed. My heart started beating fast again. I asked them what was going on and they acted evasive. I did not know what to do next.

I decided to call the head of the DOT in Sarasota. He had been my initial contact on this. I had tried to call him yesterday about the illegal activities going on over the weekend. I told him that someone had been on the property with heavy equipment trying to recover(steal) the treasure. He did not like hearing this. I asked him what all the other activity at the bridge site was. He knew nothing of it. He said he was going to look into it. At this point I needed to get to my construction project to try to make some money.

I told a friend about this. He asked me if I had taken any pictures. I told him no. This did seem like a good idea so I went home and got my camera (don't trust camera phones). I went back to the bridge. Now there was a FDOT truck with an empty trailer attached to it. I won't say how close it was to anything that I care about but it was uncomfortably close. There was no one in it. The big truck with the ground sucking equipment was sitting there with no one in it. It's lights were on, the motor was running and the two guys were nowhere to be seen. I took pictures of EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING!

I had to get back to work. I worked for a couple of hours and I just couldn"t stand it. I had to go back. The two guys were running their sucking/digging machine. On the prior visit I had looked in the hole they had made. They'd had to bust through SOLID limestone to dig the depth they were attempting. I had to talk to them. They were wondering why I kept coming around. I asked them if they could be hired. They asked me if I was looking for something there. They seemed like nice guys.

I asked them again about their treasure comments. They really were just joking about it. They said the plans call for some major changes in the area. Road widening, sidewalks, rerouting the creek and more. Their job was to locate the underground utilities. They said if I was looking for something to show them where it was and they would dig right to it. BOY, WAS IT TEMPTING. I told them good luck and went back to work.

One of top county officials called me. I had talked to him prior to this about a dig permit. I told him everything I had been through up to this point. He said he will do anything he can to help me. I am trying to get a coalition of support for this. I will list just some of the people supporting me.

Our county's most powerful commissioner. He has known of this story from me for over 10 years. He was interviewed for the upcoming newspaper article. The reporter told me that this commisioner said that he can't understand why the state won't grant me a permit. I have his full support.

Our local state legislator- I had an hour long meeting with him. His father is our county's sherriff. He is willing to help in anyway that he can.

Our county administrator- I have his full support

The head of aquisitions for our local museum-the south Florida museum. He is ready and eager to accept and curate whatever we find.

The head of the FDOT for all the surrounding counties. He and I have a great relationship and I intend for him to be onsite WHEN we dig to supervise.

A local state certified archeologist. She has worked with the FDOT on many projects and I think she is eager to see this happen.

The sherriff's department. I am requesting that they provide security in the event that we find what we are looking for. They have now stepped up surveilance.

My lawyer. He has been advising me on all the legal ramifications of this venture (adventure).

There are more that I could list. As you can see I am VERY SERIOUS about all of this. If someone thinks they are going to sneak in and dig I hope they get caught. This may not be what a lot of people on TN would want to hear. I have been given tons of advice on how to break the law. I am sure this is not what the people who run TN want put on here.

I had stated in the past that the treasure may be in a limestone cave. If anyone thinks they are going to sneak in with picks and shovels in the middle of the night and STEAL this treasure from my partners and I, the taxpayers, the state of Florida etc, it will take more than luck. The bozo with the backhoe did not know what they were doing or where to do it. I talked to the sherriff's again today. This site is in the relative open. If you think nobody is watching, you may be in for a surprise.

The decision was made at the begining to do this legally. It is hard to change course midstream. Some will question my methods and big mouth. My big mouth got me into this and I hope it will get me to the treasure.

This is all far from over. I know I talk too much but speech is free. This thread is becoming a book in itself. If you want to join the book, log on. Comments welcome.

BCH-Don't leave the thread. We all enjoy your comments and I have great respect for you.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there BDD! Things have been stirred up now, it could just break in your favor! I am rooting for you...

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Hot Zone. I am going to share some interesting facts with everyone interested in this treasure site.

There are businesses on each side. They both have multiple video security cameras.

These cameras take amazingly good videos even in low light.

The restaurant next door may be closed but still has active video cameras running.

There are two major intersections in front of this location. They have multiple cameras running 24 hours a day.

Because of multiple fatalities at this bridge site there are extra cameras.

It is amazing how cheaply a system can be put together using Gopro cameras, small solar chargers, and your own cell phone, smart phone and home computer. You can monitor a site and even zoom in and out. They work great under low light conditions. They can even be motion activated and signal you of activity.

Would you believe that two other businesses have video security systems monitoring this area. In today's world there are cameras EVERYWHERE.

I am sharing this info because I really don't want anybody I know or don't know to get in trouble because of the events I have put in motion. This is words to the wise and unwise. I don't think anyone out there really wants a video of them attempting to steal this treasure to be put on TN, You-Tube, AOL, Facebook, my website, the evening news, etc.

Do not make the mistake that people have made throughout my life. DON"T UNDERESTIMATE ME! THIS IS NOT A GAME! Game or not, I plan on winning.

This will hopefully be my final warning.

I just want to dig up some treasure. This has been my dream for as long as I can remember.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Write a Book on your Treasure sites....More money in a book than dealing with Govt>

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
There are businesses on each side. They both have multiple video security cameras.

These cameras take amazingly good videos even in low light.

The restaurant next door may be closed but still has active video cameras running.

There are two major intersections in front of this location. They have multiple cameras running 24 hours a day.

Because of multiple fatalities at this bridge site there are extra cameras.
GOOD JOB BIG DOG. YOU JUST COULDN'T KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT. You just gave EVERYONE reading this thread enough information to go to EXACTLY where your site is. Unbelievable. And for you information you should know that video cameras are easy to disable. All someone has to do is go on the internet to find out.

My advice to anyone reading this thread. If you ever look for or find a treasure . Keep your trap shut until you get a permit AND salvage it.
:laughing9:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said if I was looking for something to show them where it was and they would dig right to it. BOY, WAS IT TEMPTING. I told them good luck and went back to work.

Guys on site legally digging and offered to uncover for you?

:icon_scratch:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap copper is about 3-4 $ a pound.... Too bad dog Dad. Looks like the thread self destructed...:sad10:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all over.

Somehow I don't believe that it will be over until it dies a slow death of non-approval by the state. And...what's to say he was in the right spot or if it is out of range of his detector?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
What is this place, a business park? I thought it was under a bridge owned by FDOT. Now we got stores, restaurants, parking lots.
Does FDOT own them too? Then Salvor 6 says copper wire caused BDD'S signal? This yarn is going south too quickly to keep up with.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I decided to give myself some time to think about how to reply.

VOR-When I asked the guys if they really would dig somewhere other than where they were supposed to, they admitted that they would not risk losing their jobs. I would never ask someone else to do something illegal for me.

old man-The backhoe episode and the latest dig were inside jobs. These people have known where they wanted to dig for months. They were just afraid they were running out of time. Your advice to anyone reading this thread should be to be very careful about who you choose to share info with. Once you tell one person something it is no longer a secret. Try to never have more "partners" than you have to.

Salvor 6-You say that your buddy Jeff is a professional treasure hunter. I decided to look up the definition of a professional. Here it is in part-Due to the personal nature of many professional services, and thus the necessity to place a great deal of trust in them, most professionals are subject to strict codes of conduct enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligations. This does not sound like your "buddy".

Your "buddy" is a thief. He set out to steal the treasure when none of us were looking. Are you naive enough to think that he would have shared it with anybody if he had found it? You told him to stay away from digging for it? How well did he listen to you? You are judged by the company that you keep. You are right, IT IS OVER.

My book is about the ups and downs of hunting for treasure. It is not about finding treasure. The events in this thread will give you an idea of what I have been through over the past 25 years. Actually this whole episode is somewhat lame compared to my adventures from the past.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow a fraud and a hoax with the state involved.Bigdogdaddy you may want to write that book with a pen name as criminals aren't allowed to profit from their crimes.I guess we will read the outcome in the newspapers or see this on the news.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow a fraud and a hoax with the state involved.Bigdogdaddy you may want to write that book with a pen name as criminals aren't allowed to profit from their crimes.I guess we will read the outcome in the newspapers or see this on the news.

Fisheye - Who are you implying has perpetrated a fraud and a hoax. Who are you implying is a criminal? You better go back and read the TN rules assuming you read them in the first place.i

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only because Ron Paul is out of the picture

Diverdan:
I think that most on this board would definitely do so given the alternative.
It would be interesting to know where you got your misinformation. There is nothing wrong with using the system to legally make $$. To make a baseless accusation about someone's character is irresponsible.
And what's your misguided political view have to do with silver on the river

MODS-If you are going to remove Diverdan's reply and my quote of him, you might as well remove my reply in its entirety.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is amiss! Missing posts, missing treasure... I will miss this thread. ::icon_salut:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread