OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually I read very little. My apologies. Just not interested to tell the truth. THe book was purchased for me. And please stop being so rude and defensive. I was trying to be freindly here.

I seem to remember you telling a story of a box of some type of treasure that was just out of your reach and I also remember Ovid being on your shoulder in a river or vice versa. Hey maybe Im not even close because honestly it wasnt that interesting. I can be rude too ha ha. Well anyway if you want to tell the story again, here is your chance. Please enlighten me.

Hey dog what does it take to be your friend? I hold no grudge. Are you this rude in person?

I am worse in person, just ask vor, ECS, or lastleg.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was just funning ya about the ex-pet comment although you really have no way of knowing that it was not someone's pet released when it was smaller. It may be kind of silly to you to be afraid of a snake area but lots of people are scared to death of snakes of any kind. There are also lots of people that are afraid of roaches, mice, spiders, clowns, and who knows what else.
Yes true. Its possible that pets are still out there but they are breeding so fast that the far majority are truly wild snakes.

For what its worth, I thought Ovid had an impressive collection of pendulems.(spel check) There must be something to it. Unfortunately Ovid is not here to explain and unfortunately you havent been able to convince this reader that dowsing has merit.

Honestly I may read the book someday now that Im back in town with internet. I was living off the grid in the swamp/Indian res for the past 8 months. Maybe then I will better understand. Take care.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I was recently given a copy of a Florida map with Franks Hudson's own written notes and it actually had the location of where he thinks the pyramids are in the Everglades. My Miccosuki friend has seen the skunk apes footprints...
Did Salvor6 give you Hudson's map?
While Hudson never found the Everglades pyramids,he did have an encounter with the skunk apes,of which I posted a link on an earler post on this thread.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Burmese pythons have been breeding here in the wild for 10 years at least. Do you think I would be involved in the killing of someones pet? Thats me in the pic BTW. This is my job. This is where I work.

Sure Moccasins and rattlesnakes are also dangerous and need to be respected but its kinda silly to be afraid of an area that may hold snakes.
There are far TOO many invasive species introduced to Florida by man that are taking over and dominating the species that are natural to Florida-but that has always been the way since DeSoto and the early Spanish in Florida which gave this state wild pigs and cattle.BCH,I applaud your your erfforts and hope no one lets loose a pet piranha or komodo dragon into our enviroment,like Toohey did in the 1930's with the rhesus monkies that now inhabit the Silver and Oklawaha Rivers.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did Salvor6 give you Hudson's map?
While Hudson never found the Everglades pyramids,he did have an encounter with the skunk apes,of which I posted a link on an earler post on this thread.

I have a connection that has acquired Hudson's "stuff". It is not Salvor6. How do you know that Hudson didn't find the pyramids? The skunk apes work with the aliens. Chewbacca from Star Wars was derived from this.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ECS
Brewster Baker began his career as a midshipman in the Royal British Navy,and as a Lt led a mutiny while in port at Barbadoes.With the captured French brig,ANDRE FOLLET,Baker sailed to west Florida,and set up a thatch hut camp on Pine Island,with an area for careening ships.Baker was known as the 'Brigand of Bokeelia".
The dates of his life are b.1758-d.1820?/1824.
One version has it that he left Pine Island in 1820 to join Bolivar's fight in South America (Spain sold Florida to the US in 1821)and was never heard of.
The other version is that the ANDRE FOLLET was encountered by a US gunboat(no name supplied,but it was not the Grampus)in Kettle Bay(Lemon Bay),was captured and hung with his men-two were said to have escaped by swimming to shore.The version you mentioned sounds at lot like the Ross Island/Grampus incident of 1821-many tales and lore become commingled over time.
Much of the pirate legend and lore of that area came from Egmont Key Lighthouse Keeper (1878-1910) Capt Charles Moore,who would tell visitors stories of piracy in old Florida.
One such story was that of the late 1790's pirate,Pascual Miguel,his capture of the beautiful Charlotta,who drowned in the Manatee River giving rise to the "singing river" legend,and Miguel burying treasure at Rocky Bluff under a large boulder with a ship carving.
A friend of Moore's,Ellenton resident,Dudley Patten,claimed that in 1892,an unmarked black schooner sailed up the Manatee River and set anchor.Late at night,the few residents of Ellenton were awakened by a loud boom.The next morning,Patten led a group of Ellenton's men to Rocky Bluff.The Schooner was gone,and where the carved boulder was,now was a square hole,which appeared that something was removed.

This is a post from ECS that was on another thread. Brewster Baker's treasure is the one I have dug for at Englewood.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a new connection that I met recently. He is going to help me probe for some of the treasures. He uses a 4-cylinder powered air compressor to jet a galvanized pipe into the ground. He is going to help me jet a pipe down to the objects at the 12 foot site. We will then use the pipe to run our camera down and other various probes to see what is there. I am very interested in learning all the tricks for using compressed air. He is an "expert" at this as this is part of his job. It is all about learning as many tricks of the trades as possible. We plan on doing this in the coming week.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a connection that has acquired Hudson's "stuff". It is not Salvor6. How do you know that Hudson didn't find the pyramids?...
A lot of Hudson's claims are suspect.
The often repeted tale in treasure mags about a KGC/CSA Capt John Riley leaving Galveston with gold coins counterstamped with CSA,and being chased up the Suwannee River by an not named Union gunboat was attributed to the pen of L Frank Hudson,with no backing documentation.A CSA Capt John Riley also appears in the Everglades CSA gold tale.That is just one example.
If Hudson found said pyramids,that would have been major news and a major rewrite of history.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Everybody's claims are "suspect". The trick is to be able to tell fact from fiction. You have to be willing to dig deep, whether it be in the ground or in written history. I plan on using some of my connections to try to locate the pyramids. My treasure "wish list" keeps growing. Add sunken treasure from the 1715 fleet. I think one of the missing ships is almost in plain site but hidden. People walk right over it and don't know it.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the rivers level was up and they decided to come back with a boat and a rope. Ovid never did........

BDD
Men don't give up on gold slipping through their hand that easily.

"You're a dreamer or a failure until you hit that big success. Then, you're a genius."

Maybe some day BDD, but not until you come on back to earth.

V

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
BDD

V
There have been many Ovid,Duke of Pahokee,and BBD tales of the treasure that got away on this thread.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
In defense of BDD how many of us would carry another on his shoulders through a raging river?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BDD

"You're a dreamer or a failure until you hit that big success. Then, you're a genius."

V

Ovid never went back, but I think the Duke did. Ovid was too trusting of people. I used to be, but not any more. vor-My feet are more grounded than may appear.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There have been many Ovid,Duke of Pahokee,and BBD tales of the treasure that got away on this thread.

There are more that haven't been told. It's the nature of the business. I am now focusing on two and will not let up until I see what is there. There is another along a downtown creek that is about to get possibly covered and will no longer be reachable. I can't seem to get ahold of the right person. Unfortunately I have a full-time job because I have to try keep my friend "Bill The Collector" satisfied.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In defense of BDD how many of us would carry another on his shoulders through a raging river?

For the record, I carried him through a slimy swamp. I also carried him from a boat to the beach. He did pretty good considering he was 87 when I met him and 92 on our last trip together. I wish I would have had todays technologies back then.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
There are far TOO many invasive species introduced to Florida by man that are taking over and dominating the species that are natural to Florida-but that has always been the way since DeSoto and the early Spanish in Florida which gave this state wild pigs and cattle.BCH,I applaud your your erfforts and hope no one lets loose a pet piranha or komodo dragon into our enviroment,like Toohey did in the 1930's with the rhesus monkies that now inhabit the Silver and Oklawaha Rivers.
Anacondas have been found but there is no evidence yet to suggest they are breeding. The dangerous African Rock Python appears to be breeeding in a small area but its only a matter of time. Also man eating Nile Crocodiles have now appeared. Pick your poison. Is it better to be eaten alive, squeezed to death and swallowed whole or poisoned?

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Everybody's claims are "suspect". The trick is to be able to tell fact from fiction. You have to be willing to dig deep, whether it be in the ground or in written history. I plan on using some of my connections to try to locate the pyramids. My treasure "wish list" keeps growing. Add sunken treasure from the 1715 fleet. I think one of the missing ships is almost in plain site but hidden. People walk right over it and don't know it.
Pyramids or remains of pyramids in the swamp is a bit far fetched.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Pyramids or remains of pyramids in the swamp is a bit far fetched.
Probably hearing the same pyramid/skunk ape tales told by the Okeelanta Oracle that the Duke of Pahokee heard,Homer "Buz" Osbon and his intrepid team of L Frank Hudson and James Spink set out in 1971 to find these pyramids.
Hudson,a treasure hunter,was said to have helped Dr Manson Valentine recover a pirate chest in 1968,but never saw or knew what the contents were.
Osbon claims that they found two pyramids in the Big Cypress Swamp-"...the more complete of the pair is a 12 1/2 foot tall structure...the pyramid has a fantastic amount of writing on its surface in what I can describe as symbols or hieroglyphics...these structures were built by a civilization long gone from the face of this planet"
The also encountered the guardian skunk apes during this adventure:
Bigfoot:
L Frank Hudson,of Artifacts International,also compiled Florida skunk ape tales-"Hudson says commercial fishermen have seen them wading from island to island or swimming in the open Gulf of Mexico".
Bigfoot: older Florida reports the '70's
It should be noted that L Frank Hudson was charged and convicted of unauthorized excavations in his search for gold for damaging and destroying native American burial mounds at Big Mound Key,Gallagher Key,Ross Island,and Cockroach Island.
To the best of my knowledge,no photos of pyramids or skunk apes from Osbon's expedition where ever taken or produced.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS-You didn't believe my claim about a "Cloud Mountain" in the Everglades but here is a picture of a couple of my pals standing on it. The locals named the place and I think there is silver and/or gold buried there.

100_2553new.jpg 100_2546.JPG Remains of a cabin structure at the bottom of the "mountain".

My Miccosuki pal claims to have seen the skunk ape footprints firsthand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions