OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'll bet one of those skunk apes wouldn't have any trouble winning a "Windy Contest." I'm not
talking about the blow holes you an your new expert are planning.

Blow holes? What are you smoking? I didn't know the new expert and I were making any plans together. Please fill me in on the details.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am meeting tomorrow with the people I will be digging with in search of the 12 foot deep possible treasure. It should be interesting.

Just for arguments sake I want to ask vor, lastleg and ECS if you believe there may actually be skunk apes/bigfoot in the Everglades or anywhere else for that matter? If the answer is no please explain how you came up with that.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen track of Bigfoot in the snow (blue mountains 1971)... I hunt in an area of many sightings... On an old logging road in Skookum Meadow there are Bigfoot territorial marked trees broken over at different angles to any prevailing wind about eight foot up... If you don't believe, you need to get out more!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No. Explanation not needed.

My bet is that you agree with the tribe and souvenir vendors.

Did you read the stories you posted a link to. Do you think they all are lying?

It is no surprise that you would not believe the stories. It also no surprise that you have no explanation for why you refuse to believe in the possibility of skunk apes. We all know your type. You don't believe in much of anything. If 500 people claimed to have seen a skunk ape in the flesh you would just say that they are all either lying or just didn't know what they were really looking at. If you saw it you would claim it was a fake. Even if it came up and bit you on the ass and pinched your nose (this would let you know you weren't dreaming) you still would probably find a way to deny its existence. It is all along the same lines as dowsing and LRL's, you just refuse to believe what you don't understand. Anybody that makes a claim that you don't believe must be lying or misinformed.

Yes your bet is right, I do believe my Miccosuki friend. I don't know what souvenir vendors have to do with anything other than you being the usual smart***.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I've met several beings in the last 70 years who may well have been direct ancestors of the skunk ape.
What is surprising is more than half of them were dowsers. Coincidence or nature gone horribly wrong?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably hearing the same pyramid/skunk ape tales told by the Okeelanta Oracle that the Duke of Pahokee heard,Homer "Buz" Osbon and his intrepid team of L Frank Hudson and James Spink set out in 1971 to find these pyramids.
Hudson,a treasure hunter,was said to have helped Dr Manson Valentine recover a pirate chest in 1968,but never saw or knew what the contents were.
Osbon claims that they found two pyramids in the Big Cypress Swamp-"...the more complete of the pair is a 12 1/2 foot tall structure...the pyramid has a fantastic amount of writing on its surface in what I can describe as symbols or hieroglyphics...these structures were built by a civilization long gone from the face of this planet"
The also encountered the guardian skunk apes during this adventure:
Bigfoot:
L Frank Hudson,of Artifacts International,also compiled Florida skunk ape tales-"Hudson says commercial fishermen have seen them wading from island to island or swimming in the open Gulf of Mexico".
Bigfoot: older Florida reports the '70's
It should be noted that L Frank Hudson was charged and convicted of unauthorized excavations in his search for gold for damaging and destroying native American burial mounds at Big Mound Key,Gallagher Key,Ross Island,and Cockroach Island.
To the best of my knowledge,no photos of pyramids or skunk apes from Osbon's expedition where ever taken or produced.
Dr J Manson Valentine (a zoologist,not an archaeologist)was the "discoverer" of the Bimini roads and walls,which he claimed were part of Atlantis.In his article,"Archaeological Enigmas OF Florida And The Western Bahamas" in MUSE NEWS,June 1969,he mentions the Everglades pyramids in conjunction to the Atlantis roads of Bimini.
Homer "Buz" Osbon and L Frank Hudson,who both knew Valentine,explored the Everglades in 1971 to find these structures built by the survivors of the destruction Atlantis who became the Calusa.
The skunk apes were geneticly modified primates the Alanteans created as workers and guards,and were used to build the Florida pyramids.
http://atlantisquest.com/Bahama.htlm

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also no surprise that you have no explanation for why you refuse to believe in the possibility of skunk apes. We all know your type.

BDD
Show me some credible evidence and I will consider.

Show me some proof and I will believe.

"my type" live in the real world and not in a fantasy.

V

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS-The link you post says there have been thousands of sightings of the Skunk Ape. vor can write these all off as BS because he is an expert on these type of things and actually all things known and unknown to man. If you don't believe me just ask him.

vor-I watched about a minute of the "cute" little video you posted. You can always be counted on to come up with very educational and informative information to help with finding treasure caches. Keep up the good work.

Getting back to treasure, I talked to the church representative this morning. We are working out the details of how a dig would happen and how we would handle anything found. The 12 foot deep site is moving forward. We will be working with an air probe to try to locate the exact spot and get a PVC pipe up against the "objects". I have another site on a historic creek that is in the process of being widened. The possible treasure location is going to be dug up as part of the widening so I talked to the people in charge and have begun the process of trying to do a recovery of what may be buried there. It is on county property so it may get a little complicated. I do have a lot of connections.

Anybody that thinks this is all easy should give it a try. All you have to do is say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you will be stopped in your tracks. You have to be very tactful and say all the right stuff to gain peoples trust. This is what I do best. I have to meet people in person and look them in the eyes. I have been accused of hypnotizing people. Maybe I can to some extent. Hey, whatever works. we are moving forward.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS-You didn't believe my claim about a "Cloud Mountain" in the Everglades but here is a picture of a couple of my pals standing on it. The locals named the place and I think there is silver and/or gold buried there.

View attachment 988844 View attachment 988846 Remains of a cabin structure at the bottom of the "mountain".

My Miccosuki pal claims to have seen the skunk ape footprints firsthand.
Most of the elevated hummocks in the Everglades were created as garbage dumps by prehistoric humans:
Ancient human trash heaps gave rise to Everglades tree islands, research suggests -- ScienceDaily

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Most of the elevated hummocks in the Everglades were created as garbage dumps by prehistoric humans:
Ancient human trash heaps gave rise to Everglades tree islands, research suggests -- ScienceDaily

ECS the key word is "most." Not all the hummocks are the result of Indian trash dumps. Some are natural islands built on top of calcium carbonate rocks. Did you read the article? This is just a theory and there is no real proof that "most" of the hummocks are man made. Do you believe everything you read?

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Although my wife says I need to work at my full-time job, I spent three hours today at the county administration building trying to figure out how to get the county to work with me on the creek side dig site. I finally got to talk to someone that genuinely wants to help me. I also talked with the representative at the site with the Army Corps of Engineers that is doing the creek widening. He seems like he may want to help me. It is all in the way you talk to people. We will see what happens.

The 12 foot dig site seems to be going nowhere. It is hard to get people to respond to phone calls. I don't do texting and that is all a lot of people want to do anymore. All I have is a stupid phone and I am not ready to change. I need to remain patient and not say the wrong thing to anybody. You have to not take things personally, people are just busy with their own agendas.

I feel pretty good about the church/school site. I have permission to do a probe if I want but I don't want anybody to see me doing it. The spot is right out in the open in a field in front of a group of houses. There are school kids playing in the field during the day. I am thinking of going at night and taking multiple probes. I have one I made with a special tip that can be pounded or pushed hard into an object and it grabs a small sample of what is there. I took a piece of threaded rod and sliced an X in the tip and sharpened it to a point. I may take a bike and put it in my van. I could park nearby and ride over to the field with my probes. It is not that I am doing anything wrong, I just don't want to give away the location of the exact spot.

I now have two boats ready for the summer and am going tomorrow night to trade some stuff for a Wave runner. I am going to rig everything up for treasure scouting. Scuba gear, Hooka rig, detectors, probes and more. I plan on having a serious treasure hunting summer. At 58 I still feel like a big kid.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS the key word is "most." Not all the hummocks are the result of Indian trash dumps. Some are natural islands built on top of calcium carbonate rocks. Did you read the article? This is just a theory and there is no real proof that "most" of the hummocks are man made. Do you believe everything you read?
Nor were they constructed as depositories for gold and silver,Salvor6.One must research the history and geography of a potential "treasure site"and then determine the logistics of why,how and when a possible treasure would have been buried at said site-saves search time and money and the digging of a empty hole.
That is,unless of course,one believes every treasure tale he is told.
...and don't forget what happened to L Frank Hudson when he destroyed native-American mounds in the belief that gold was buried there.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although my wife says I need to work at my full-time job, I spent three hours today at the county administration building trying to figure out how to get the county to work with me on the creek side dig site. I finally got to talk to someone that genuinely wants to help me. I also talked with the representative at the site with the Army Corps of Engineers that is doing the creek widening. He seems like he may want to help me. It is all in the way you talk to people. We will see what happens.

The 12 foot dig site seems to be going nowhere. It is hard to get people to respond to phone calls. I don't do texting and that is all a lot of people want to do anymore. All I have is a stupid phone and I am not ready to change. I need to remain patient and not say the wrong thing to anybody. You have to not take things personally, people are just busy with their own agendas.

I feel pretty good about the church/school site. I have permission to do a probe if I want but I don't want anybody to see me doing it. The spot is right out in the open in a field in front of a group of houses. There are school kids playing in the field during the day. I am thinking of going at night and taking multiple probes. I have one I made with a special tip that can be pounded or pushed hard into an object and it grabs a small sample of what is there. I took a piece of threaded rod and sliced an X in the tip and sharpened it to a point. I may take a bike and put it in my van. I could park nearby and ride over to the field with my probes. It is not that I am doing anything wrong, I just don't want to give away the location of the exact spot.

I now have two boats ready for the summer and am going tomorrow night to trade some stuff for a Wave runner. I am going to rig everything up for treasure scouting. Scuba gear, Hooka rig, detectors, probes and more. I plan on having a serious treasure hunting summer. At 58 I still feel like a big kid.

BDD
Since you value my opinion, I'll help.

Abandon the bike at night idea. Draws too much attention and you may end up at the station trying to explain the situation.

Put on the big boy pants, come screaming in during daylight in your truck and go to work.

School kids and soccer moms will not suddenly have visions of buried treasure.

For what its worth.

V

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It was use of and probably involved learning how to use modern technology that helped Mel Fisher succeed. Don,t let texting foil you in your passion.
Be professional in appearance sampling and allow no more info than you are sampling and sample. Sometimes conspicuous is accepted as normal when pros are at work.
If not for banners on vehicles and badges on personnel any one could work on most things and sites with out drawing attention? With proper permissions of course they just go about their business with out engaging the public much if at all if they are busy because of their "posture/attitude" not unfriendly but doing their work. You see such demeanor occasionally and does it make you interact with them? Bridge site excepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions