planets moons stars

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
fleamistress said:
I'm not recommending it, but there is something called Astrological Birth Control, based on moon phases...

I fully agree -- don't recommend it. Yes, women have "monthly cycles" but if they were dependent on the phases of the moon, then all women would get pms at the same time of the month, thus making it impossible for men to survive to the next month!

Seriously, if the planets have virtually no effect on anything on the earth (except to invoke awe at their beauty), then the stars, which are BILLIONS of times further away, certainly have no influence at all (other than to invoke awe at THEIR beauty!)

Knowing physics and astronomy as much as I do, I cannot ascribe any validity to astrology. (I am one of those who does get math, to the point where I actually studied Astrophysics for a time in college. Didn't get a degree in it, but did take some of the harder classes. As a result, I know why stars act the way they do, and why they DON'T act in other ways.) (Okay, it's really simple -- stars behaviour is determined by the ratios of Hydrogen to Helium, and those to other substances [solar junk] in the stars. The more "junk" [stuff that isn't H or He], the more likely the star is to be a variable star. Knowing these ratios, one could predict mathematically the properties of the star. But this will have no effect on whether I take the freeway or the surface streets to work today.)

Women who ascribe to Astrological Birth Control can be called the same thing as those who use "The Rhythm Method" of birth control. They are called "mothers."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread