Plzz help me with this problem!

Ace pro

Apr 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT PRO and Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I just got my Garrett ace 250 a week ago and i took it in the woods a couple of days ago and when I got home from detecting I noticed that there was chips in the coil I guess I was hitting the rocks too much but anyway just a couple of minutes ago I was bench testing it and it works fine but when I set a coin down on the ground and sweep the coil above it it starts making irratic sounds it just jumps everywhere I seriously hope and pray that I didn't get the housing too wet or something im thinking that its just the coil....any ideas?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) If you're indoors you'll be getting a lot of interference from..well.. everything, but mainly floorboard nails.

2) Buy a coil cover. It'll protect the coil from rocks and won't hurt your hunting.

3) Don't panic, I'm sure your coil is fine.

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
take the test coin out to the yard find target free ground and try again.when you say ground are you outside on dirt?indoors?around power lines or other potential interference?your machine is most likely just fine.read the owners manual,watch garrett videos online.

OP
OP
Ace pro

Ace pro

Apr 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok and yes I was bench testing indoors

OP
OP
Ace pro

Ace pro

Apr 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your replys and I'm gonna test it out outdoors tomorrow and I'll see what happens

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions