Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Yeah I even went back in desperation to the local Sherrif on my first choice site hunt but he hasn't budged from the 1 million insurance policy, the $5000 site fee etc etc etc etc.....

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yes the site in question was the location of a trading post established in 1793, right on the Mississippi river bank. Later the small area developed into a town as it was settled by German's prior to Missouri even becoming a State. During the Trail of Tears event several thousand indians were lead through the area and onto the ferry that used to be there. During the Civil war 6,000 troops used the ferry to cross over into Illinois which is right across the river. The town sat at the end of a MAJOR roadway where people from all over the area would bring crops and timber to put on barges and ferry them South. The post office/trading post in this location was built in 1802 and stood until lates 1980s. The area is now crop land and is being farmed as an active farm.

The conditions the Sherrif put on the site were: 1 Million Dollar Liability policy, $5,000 site fee, Appointed Site "observers" who could exercise their right to take any find they felt was valuable to the owners of the property etc. The sherrif is just the property administrator. The owner of the property lives in Tx or Ca. So as MUCH as I want to hunt the site I just don't think it will ever happen....

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you can't get a hold of the actual property owners... I bet they'd be a whole lot nicer than "that guy" is being.
Well maybe I'll contact the guy in Springfield with the Civil War Encampment on his property. Never met the guy, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Bran <><

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bran

They do NOT want to be contacted. All the "official" paperwork etc is in the Sherriff's name as the Administrator of said property. I tried to track down the owners but hit a wall.

As much as I would LOVE to hunt the location I don't think it will ever happen.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that just sucks... maybe you can leave a card with that sheriff, and someday HE might need your help to MD... and possibly then he can pay you back by giving you permission to hunt that site. I love how protective people are about the GROUND... uhg!

Oh well, hopefully something will turn up. If I can get in contact with this guy and can get things past the first talk, I might need you to be the follow-up guy. I have his name & phone number, but I never called back in February. He said he wanted to split what I found, which would've been fine by me. But he really sounded like a guy that just wanted a piece of the history from his land... and I bet that if he's nice, he may just be cool with a really nice, well-made shadow box with finds from his property. And I bet he'd be cool if we paid him a little bit (not no 5grand!) for the weekend. The first thing I've got to find out is if his property is at least 10 to 15 acres, though I'm hoping for larger. His e-mail has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while now....
Let me know if you've got any thoughts pertaining to contacting him.

Bran <><

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Best way to do it in my opinion and experience is person to person best, phone call second best, email third best.

Some people have a tough time saying no to you when standing right in front of you but no problem when on the phone or via email.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well im saying why not make it down by bran and i and we can hunt the beach?
we never need permission... and most of you guys live up north so doing it in
feb might be really nice! idk... its an option. and there are tons of places to "camp"
or... yall can come to my place! it would be tight.... ::) but fun for sure!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
K*E*L*L*Y said:
well im saying why not make it down by bran and i and we can hunt the beach?
we never need permission... and most of you guys live up north so doing it in
feb might be really nice! idk... its an option. and there are tons of places to "camp"
or... yall can come to my place! it would be tight.... ::) but fun for sure!!

Fun yes but don't know if I could handle Bran in a bikini. :laughing7:
bikini-emoticon.gif

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Fun yes but don't know if I could handle Bran in a bikini. :laughing7:

That's alright Stoney... I'd be topless!!!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I just recieved 3 definet nos for my 3 possible sights, for short notice. i may be able to come up with something by spring of 2010

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's alright TC hopefully someone will come up with something if we all just keep trying we just got to get togeather! Just got to do it soon so everyone has time to get vacation time turned in!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I just got off the phone with the person whose family owns the last spot I was trying to get permission to hunt. They said NO. The person is going to "get a detector" and search the place themselves.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's really amazing, they say that they're going to hunt it, but never seem to find the time, or they make up excuses why they can't, like it's too hot, it's too cold, it's raining, I'm too tired, i don't want to get dirty, etc.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I may be willing to allow my ground to be hunted. It is in the North East part of Missouri. There was a small Civil War fight that took place on the property. I would need a lot of help on organizing this. I would need information on waivers, insurance, food and a whole lot more from you experts. I would also need help in getting it mowed down and taped off. It is in the middle of a state park, so we couldn't have people going on to state property. There are approximately 12 lots that could be hunted. Each lot is approx. 6o feet by 80 feet. So I don't know how many people this could handle. I also have another 50 acres about a mile from this location that did have an old homestead on it. There were also many Indians that lived and traveled through both locations. Let me know if anyone would be interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread