OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
One of the bad things about it is,none of you will get to have a Peach Float from Scotts General Store there in Iconium.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Thanks for the great atttempt WSD...their loss....hope to see something materialize, and see you at the next hunt!
Baggins

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think your pretty Awesome WSD :thumbsup:,
I have seen guys have a hard time trying to get up the nerve just to knock on a door to ask permission, in fear of the word "no". You went above and beyond for over 50 people trying to get a fellowship overnight hunting trip and that is Awesome. We probably all have heard the word "no" at least once while trying to get permission to dig, so we all know it happens. You done your best and for that, were all grateful.
Hopefully by someone another place might be found to get together for hunting or just find a town where everyone can meet for fellowship and a picnic. Whatever happens, people like you is what will make the time so Special.

Nova Treasure

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Truly a great effort WD and the letter was excellent. I am sure this group will keep looking. A fall get together would be perfect. :icon_thumleft:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Certainly the Enthusiasim is here Ya'll put on ypur thinking Caps.

I have a possible lead in Springfield, if ME's lead or your lead doesn't come through Albert....
Don't want to double (or triple) book anything. :wink:

Bran <><

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
WSD, I didn't see anything wrong with your letter. It was well written, thought out, and to the point.
sometimes crazy things happen and it goes against you, but, the only thing you can do is move on
and try again. so lets see if we can find something else.
I've got some relatives that live over there, I think I'm going to place a call.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Good letter! I got a few areas around here and I will try to line one up. Though it would be in KANSAS again :-X.

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
WSD, you did a terrific job. I know how much you wanted this hunt to materialize but quite frequently it's
very hard to fight "City Hall", If you know what I mean. You did however give it a galliant effort, your letter
with all attachments was absolutely flawless, so therefore I do not know what else you could have done.
I would like to personally say "THANK YOU WSD" for all your effort and time you spent endeavoring to
orchastrate this hunt and rest assured the "tide will turn" and we will have a hunt some where this year.
Doug (blklab) Overland Park, Kansas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I will know on monday. If someone can find somthing more central to us all im down for that. I will get a ya or nah by monday.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I can't promise anything but maybe something in OK? ??? :-X
One of the clubs we belong to had a hunt there a couple months ago so it has been searched some. There were IH's, wheaties, and a Barber quarter found then as well as a couple old bottles. There would be no camping or smoking inside the area as it's grassland prairie and working oilwells and tank batteries in the area and holes filled back as cattle do range in the area.

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG
wheatie
3sands3.JPG
Barber qtr

Attachments

• IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 236

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I am still working on a site but it is not looking hopeful. The problem is that the property I want to hunt is owned by 4 siblings and 3 said it would be ok but one said NO WAY. The oldest is working on the holdout but I don't know that it will happen.

So I say it is a race. Whoever gets the first confimed site gets to host the hunt!!!!!

I will of course help in any way I can. You can ask Burdie and Brenda that I am as good as my word on that offer.

:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread