camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds Great. I'm in. Caldwell, KS was to far for me last year.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Well boys and girls - the answer is - NO! The location was the H.Roe Bartle Scout Reservation near Oceola,Mo(4200acres).In operation since 1930 with up to 20,000 scouts per year(scouting activities end in Aug).I haven't heard why they turned us down yet,only that the answer is no from the Council.
Right now I do not have any other location in mind but will see if anything developes.Sorry.
It was fine with the local authority,but not the head people.

Anyone else with any ideas?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
WSD I am currently working to obtain permission for a site here in the Cape Girardeau area. I haven't worked very hard on it in case your site worked out. I will redouble my efforts and hope to have an answer by next week Monday or Tuesday latest. I know time is running out folks but we are trying to work this out.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WSD,

Thanks for all your efforts. It is too bad they turned down the request. Maybe one our other fine folks can pull a rabbit out of a hat yet.

Anyone with other ideas, now is the time to step up to the plate!

I wish I had another plan, but I do not.

Bob

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I decided to show most of what was sent to the council to see if I really messed up or not.Being just a plain ol' country boy,maybe you can tell me where I went wrong;
"SHO-ME SHOWDOWN"
Main Contacts: Mr. Larry Dush, RN (Huntmaster)

Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
(deleted phone and addy)
Mr. Ron Tindall - Local Contact

Edwards, MO 65326
(deleted phone and addy)
Attendees - approximately 50 Adult/10 Youth (will be 4-5 tent campers)
References listed on following page.
Reason for Visit: Renew friendships/metal detect. This group tries to get together
at least once a year for this hunt. This year's hunt has been tentatively titled "Sho-Me
Showdown".
It basically is a family reunion type of affair. There are no 'professional' detectorists involved and the majority are grandparents. There are only about 25 hunters. The rest are spouses. About half of the 25 hunters are women. All holes dug will be filled in completely with the grass intact with the plug. This will be watched and verified before departing. All trash found, i.e., nails, wire, glass, pull tabs, etc., will be put into a barrel for disposal. Most of us only detect for an hour or so, then return and visit more.
Schedule of Event:
9 October, 2009 - Tent campers will arrive on afternoon of October 9, 2009
All members will assemble by 6 p.m. on the 9th at the American Legion in Warsaw, Mo. Name tags will be passed out and everyone will sign a "Release of Liability" form which will be turned in to the on-site ranger. An "All You Can Eat" barbeque dinner will then be served followed by prize drawings. On-site ranger is invited to attend, no charge.
10 October, 2009 - 8 a.m. - Group will assemble at campsite. Request the on-site ranger deliver any comments concerning 'Off-Limit' areas or any special comments. Ascertain that he has all 'Release of Liability' forms required. Those wishing to go to certain areas will depart. Day's hunt concludes at 3:30 p.m. Major prizes given out.
11 October, 2009 - 8 a.m. Assemble at campsite. Hunting for this group will conclude at or before 3:30 p.m. At that time, the huntmaster and those he designates, will conduct a drive-thru of all areas that were detected to assure all holes has been properly filled and that no trash has been neglected. At or before 5 p.m., huntmaster will check with the ranger to make sure everything is as it should be. We always leave a huntsite cleaner than when we arrive.
Any of the rangers or staff are more than welcome to join our group at anytime for good down-home conversation or to join in detecting if they desire. There will be extra detectors for anyone's use.
References:
1. 2006 Chisholm Trail Hunt (CTH) 1 - Mr. Stan Burdett
Caldwell, KS
2. 2007 Chisholm Trail Hunt (CTH) 2 - Mr. Stan Burdett
Caldwell, KS

3. 2008 Louisiana Bayou Hunt (LBH) - Ms. Brenda Grammer
Rayville, LA

4. Annmarie LaDue,(ph deleted) - associated with Pipsico Scout Reservation,
Spring Grove, VA, Cape Henry District, Tidewater Council. They have 2
camping/metal detect hunts per year. She can provide the Ranger (Dan) phone
number for this location.
Attendees will be coming from; FL,AL,LA,TX,OK,KS,AR,IA,NE,MO. and from OR.

At the conclusion of our visit, a donation of $100.00 will be given to the Council.

Everyone is certainly looking forward to the visit as they have heard so much about the
reservation.

Thank you
(I attached a 'Code Of Ethics' to this)remembering early dark time is why the 330pm given.
(All phones/addys deleted for this post)

I Tried!

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I might add that what was sent was spaced/ annoted in what I thought was a more business/professional manner.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I think you did excellent, WSD. Nothing wrong with your letter at all. Must be a reason why we were turned down; probably had something to do with their national rules. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

We'll keep looking! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
I think you did excellent, WSD. Nothing wrong with your letter at all. Must be a reason why we were turned down; probably had something to do with their national rules. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

We'll keep looking! :thumbsup:

I know what it was, Noodle...... It had to be an all guy council, cause if it had'a been gals, they would have picked up on WSD's warmth and charm just by reading his letter, and would have given permission right then and there, just on that alone! :drunken_smilie: ;D

That's OK, Daddy. We all love ya for trying to get this going. Maybe something else will develop here before too long. :-*

me~

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I think it was a fine well-written letter WSD... don't even worry about it! It obviously had nothing to do with your end of things, so maybe something better will come of all of this. Thank you so much for putting so much time & effort into it, especially with that letter! That would've taken me FOREVER to write, and I'm still not sure it would've turned out so well.

ME, let us know what comes of your spot. I think Cybercop had mentioned having a possible spot as well up in MO....
I'll see if there's anything I can do also.

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddy, it was a wonderful letter! It did not have a thing to do with it. They (local council) may have a rule about non scounts can't hunt area. Since it is well known now how much everyone wants to get to geather maybe others will be able to come up with something. So good luck to ME and anyone else with the endevor!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, maybe ME can get an OK on a great spot!! :icon_pirat: Who ever gets one going, I'll do what I can to help. :icon_thumright:

Miss you all!!! Nana :-*

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
To be honest I found it hard to believe they gave permission anyway since the local Scout location will only allow scouts and their parents to hunt their facility.

But I was very hopeful.

I will keep working on it.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
There may have been something else I should have said or said in a different way,but didn't really have the time to think much on it.I was there on saturday when they said I needed to get it in early monday.Tried to get ME until sunday eve and he was not reachable,so I scribbled it out kinda quickly sunday night and turned it in monday am.Yeah,thinking about it now,I could have said it much differently,but doubt the outcome would be different.In case it comes up somewhere else,any of you who wanted to hunt Mo,an Eagle Scout?That would have been nice to include.The local authority thought it was fine and didn't think there would be any problem.Oh well,I'm gonna have a swig of cider and go out and kick the dust some.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a Camp Fire Girls Camp here but the orginal one from when I was a kid and older is under a lake now and the new one no funds to keep it up (built in the late 1970's) and they opened it up to everything (off the road partiers) red neck weddings I don't have any intrest in hunting it ! And the Girl Scout camp was a private owned land that was not safe when I went to it as a kid. A Old Boy Scout camp is condemed and underlock and key road overgrown but it was an area by the city lake so alot of modern beer parties in there. And another BS camp in a near by town someone has exclusive permission to it when they can get in to it. NOT ME drat its a really old one!

And daddy your letter was great NOBODY could have done better!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Your letter was very well written Daddy, no problem there. I am sure it is insurance reasons or something else. It was a great idea and we love ya....even more for trying to get this together for us! ~hugs~

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
It was well written WSD. However, if this is an active Boy Scout camping/activity area there may be more going on. If there is a scheduled camp/activity going on at that time, no one outside of the registered guests/campers would be allowed in the area. BSA rules and regs are very explicit in this fashion, they really try hard to promote safety and security. There are a ton more rules and regs that has to be looked at, including liability.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
WSD you wrote and excellent letter. I would not have changed anything and could not have improved on it any.

Don't beat yourself up over it this kind of stuff happens all the time.

I just know that the local Scout Camp has the craziest rules and regs you have to follow to be allowed on-site.

thanks for your effort and don't give up we will figure something out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread