Post your HOLED FINDS - Coins, buttons & Whatever!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post your HOLED FINDS - Coins, buttons & Whatever!

Things that were not suppose to have a hole. No cash coins! :thumbsup:

I'll kick it off with one of my most recent. I thnk a lot of people can play on this one.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,313
Upvote 0

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Attachments

• washington-delaware-l.jpg
    washington-delaware-l.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 740
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Post your HOLED FINDS - Coins, buttons & Whatever!

KylePA said:
It sure is an honor hunting vanished dwellings of Rev War patriots! :thumbsup: Their Colonial kick a$$ ways still have the Brits scratching their heads and shaking in fear. :laughing9: ;D

WE WON!!! WE WON!!! :headbang:

P.S. I think you Brits know who General George Washington is by now. :wink:

Oh yeah, the guy who's house we burnt. :wink:

Attachments

• wh.jpg
    wh.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 749

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
It sure is an honor hunting vanished dwellings of Rev War patriots! :thumbsup: Their Colonial kick a$$ ways still have the Brits scratching their heads and shaking in fear. :laughing9: ;D

That is the best you could do, Brits and Loyalists? :laughing9: We still boot kicked you to the other side of the pond. :laughing9: I bet you fellas can still feel a sharp pain in your buttocks. :laughing9: :headbang:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

That is the best you could do, Brits and Loyalists? :laughing9: We still boot kicked you to the other side of the pond. :laughing9: I bet you fellas can still feel a sharp pain in your buttocks. :laughing9: :headbang:

That's ok, we have good health care! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Good one, IP. :laughing9: I think you guys needed good health care after we sent you home with blood dripping from your jaws. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Good one, IP. :laughing9: I think you guys needed good health care after we sent you home with blood dripping from your jaws. :laughing9:

Hey, I'd have no good buttons if it didn't turn out that way so I can't really complain. I have made more $$$ just off my doubles than you and your bubble bath bro will probably ever find. :laughing7:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Hey, I'd have no good buttons if it didn't turn out that way so I can't really complain. I have made more $$$ just off my doubles than you and your bubble bath bro will probably ever find. :laughing7:

I want the Rev War buttons with "USA" on them. :thumbsup: I'd much rather have one "USA" button in a lifetime than 1000 Loyalist ones. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

I want the Rev War buttons with "USA" on them. :thumbsup: I'd much rather have one "USA" button in a lifetime than 1000 Loyalist ones. :thumbsup:

Ok, if you say, but many Loyalist ones are much rarer and don't forget they are units that were raised in America.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

Ok, if you say, but many Loyalist ones are much rarer and don't forget they are units that were raised in America.

I know they were raised in America, but they had the mindset of the British. They did not believe in the American cause for indepedence and, that alone, is enough for me to look at them in disgust.

There was a settler in my area who fled to Canada during the war, but came back soon after. He was forever, to the people in the settlement, known as "Tory D_____". I bet he got many uppercuts to the jaw at the local tavern after arriving back home. I wouldn't doubt it if little boys, whose daddies were diehard patriots, tried tripping him when he walked by them on the streets. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

I know they were raised in America, but they had the mindset of the British. They did not believe in the American cause for indepedence and, that alone, is enough for me to look at them in disgust.

There was a settler in my area who fled to Canada during the war, but came back soon after. He was forever, to the people in the settlement, known as "Tory D_____". I bet he got many uppercuts to the jaw at the local tavern after arriving back home. I wouldn't doubt it if little boys, whose daddies were diehard patriots, tried tripping him when he walked by them on the streets. :laughing9:

So in other words....

You really have to get out.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

So in other words....

I guess it all can boil down to not being able to get out and swing. We'll be getting out this weekend, so I should be much better...mentally-speaking. :laughing9:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:

So in other words....

I guess it all can boil down to not being able to get out and swing. We'll be getting out this weekend, so I should be much better...mentally-speaking. :laughing9:
I'm not sure that will ever be true :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Several of my best "holed" finds came from a spot that now resides under a foot of concrete:

a pair of NY State Militia buttons
DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1740.jpg

LC found, same site
DSCF1580.jpg

Wedding band, same site
DSCF1585.jpg

Silver boot buckle, same site
DSCF1570.jpg

This site also produced a late 1700s Hibernia, but I can't find a picture of it right now.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Danimal said:
Several of my best "holed" finds came from a spot that now resides under a foot of concrete:

a pair of NY State Militia buttons
DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1740.jpg

LC found, same site
DSCF1580.jpg

Wedding band, same site
DSCF1585.jpg

Silver boot buckle, same site
DSCF1570.jpg

This site also produced a late 1700s Hibernia, but I can't find a picture of it right now.

Dan,

That solid silver shoe buckle frame is AMAZING! Solid silver ones are rarer than rare, and many would agree. I would love to see a cleaned pic of the buckle.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Sure...here's a few better pics of the buckle...and I found a picture of the 1700s Hibernia too.

Just out of the hole
buckle.jpg

closeup detail of the herringbone pattern...beautiful handwork.
buckle2.jpg

and the Hibernia...not much detail left. Woman with harp on the obverse and only 17... visible on the date
hibernia.jpg

The 1812 LC and Hibernia were found about 10ft apart, but found two years apart. The LC as well as the two Militia buttons were found as construction crews cleared the woods out for a retirement village being built.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Danimal said:
Sure...here's a few better pics of the buckle...and I found a picture of the 1700s Hibernia too.

Just out of the hole
buckle.jpg

closeup detail of the herringbone pattern...beautiful handwork.
buckle2.jpg

and the Hibernia...not much detail left. Woman with harp on the obverse and only 17... visible on the date
hibernia.jpg

The 1812 LC and Hibernia were found about 10ft apart, but found two years apart. The LC as well as the two Militia buttons were found as construction crews cleared the woods out for a retirement village being built.

The Hibernia appears to be a Kyan & Camac halfpenny. (1790s British trade token) If there's any detail on the other side, and you want to know for sure, post it.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

IP...the reverse has a large script "HMCo" (Hibernia Mining Comany) in the center.

I took a better set pf pictures when I first found it but cannot locate them now.
I was considering cleaning it futher to bring out more detail.

Here's a pic I saved back then of a similar coin
DH_Dublin_045_001.jpg

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Dan, I started a post on the American Relic Hunters forum a few months ago, asking to see solid silver shoe or knee buckles found by the members. Out of many hunters on there, only a few have found fully-intact, solid silver shoe buckle frames. A friend of mine, who has hunted many early sites in Southwestern PA for 20+ years, has only found a small portion of a solid silver buckle. He has found many other killer relics, but has had a very hard time finding a fully-intact silver buckle. They are extremely hard to find, and you should be very proud of your recovery, which I know you are!

Thank you for the new pics!

Kyle

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my only holed find-

Attachments

• spanish silver back.jpg
    spanish silver back.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 644
  • spanish silver back.jpg
    spanish silver back.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 637
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup said:
my only holed find-

I also have a holed 1/2 real. Found on a salt water shoreline in 2002.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions