Pro Pointer vs Others (I know its been done before)

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this subject has been beaten into the ground over and over and over.... just like everyone one else... I have an opinion too... I but I will back mine up with facts...

so for those who want to know why the Pro Pointer is better.... here it is...

#1 The Pro Pointer IS more sensitive
#2 The Pro Pointer has a proximity sensor (it get faster the closer you get tot he target)
#3 The Pro Pointer has an on off switch its not a button so it is hands free (don't have to hold the button down)
#4 The Pro Pointer has a LED light
#5 The Pro Pointer has a vibrating motor in it that is in sync with the proximity sensor (its vibrates faster the closer you get)
#6 The Pro Pointer is smaller and you can get further into a hole
#7 The Pro Pointer is far far more durable
#8 The Pro Pointer has detection up the shaft not just at the tip (yes that helps a lot)
#9 The Pro Pointer has a 2 YEAR Warranty (but its not likely you ever use it)
#10 The Pro Pointer can be made water proof by covering the speaker holes and the on/off switch

Downfalls of the Pro Pointer

Its costly but well worth it
No modifications can be made but you don't need to
Not waterproof but it can be made to be waterproof

When you have a quality product it speaks for it self... and the Pro Pointer does.

Did I miss anything? so in my opinion the FACTS says it all

Chukers

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why buy a car when you can get there on a moped?
Why eat a T-Bone when you can eat Bologna?
Why date Jennifer Aniston when you can date Rosanne Barr?

It's like saying "I'm gonna whip a few Bologna sandwiches together and jump on the moped and ride over to Rosanne's house.

Or,

I'm jumping in the Bentley, picking up Jennifer and heading to the Outback for dinner.

Just doesn't seem the same for some reason.

No one said the HF won't find a target. I think the problem is when you said one was just as good as the other. I don't think he was necessarily bragging, I think he was just stating the facts. :icon_pirat:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Biggmike, Your comparson is all wet! Your examples wind up with different targets!
If there is a dime in the bottom of a hole but it can't be seen, you can put either pinpointer in the hole and find the dime with the same ease. The only difference is The pro list cost is $160 & the HF list is $16. The pinpointers job is very simple and basic. Granted, some of you guys like to stick it in the water or sick it in the mud, but my normal usage is to stick it in the hole. Frank

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Biggmike, Your comparson is all wet! Your examples wind up with different targets!
If there is a dime in the bottom of a hole but it can't be seen, you can put either pinpointer in the hole and find the dime with the same ease. The only difference is The pro list cost is $160 & the HF list is $16. The pinpointers job is very simple and basic. Granted, some of you guys like to stick it in the water or stick it in the mud, but my normal usage is to stick it in the hole. Frank

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the biggest difference between the 2, the pro pointer was designed for looking for metal in a hole, the hf was designed to find metal period. if you used a hf the same way most people use a pro pointer, it would fall apart

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Sniffer, you have a good point there. I think maybe I do take better care of my instruments than most. My daddy once told me, take care of your tools and your tools will take care of you. I think it's all in how you were brought up. Frank

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
Sniffer, you have a good point there. I think maybe I do take better care of my instruments than most. My daddy once told me, take care of your tools and your tools will take care of you. I think it's all in how you were brought up. Frank
Frank,I have always thought like that. God Bless HH Chris

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett made a product knowing how it will get used... they made it very well because of this. not because they know people will abuse it. even though it does stand up to this abuse... not a HF pin pointer with not withstand normal use plain and simple... if you baby it treat it like glass sure it will but its a tool and tools take damage just from using them... sure it will pin point... but its not going to last under normal use... yeah Frankn I know yours is a year old and its still working... I guess you are the exception.
you take both pin pointers and subject them to the exact same use which one do you think will come out ahead? Enough Said... lets end this thread... leave it for posterity... let time decide its fate... get out there and go hunting!

Chukers

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck....(I'm doing the mc hammer baby).....go Chuckers....it's ur birthday.....go go go....go chuckers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iCandy said:
Chuck....(I'm doing the mc hammer baby).....go Chuckers....it's ur birthday.....go go go....go chuckers

not anytime soon... but thanks!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chuckers, to answer your question, I think both pinpointers would out last me, but I would have $144 more in my bank account when I went if I had used the HF. Frank

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Chuckers, to answer your question, I think both pinpointers would out last me, but I would have $144 more in my bank account when I went if I had used the HF. Frank

Frankn, If these were the only two pinpointers available and the Propointer cost $214 I would just have to have $200 less in my pocket then you. I'm with Chuckers when he said "lets end this thread... leave it for posterity... let time decide its fate... get out there and go hunting!" It's ended as far as I'm concerned. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
biggmike said:
Frankn said:

Frankn, If these were the only two pinpointers available and the Propointer cost $214 I would just have to have $200 less in my pocket then you. I'm with Chuckers when he said "lets end this thread... leave it for posterity... let time decide its fate... get out there and go hunting!" It's ended as far as I'm concerned. :icon_pirat:

I did see what I found...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,436234.0.html
and
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,436616.0.html

Happy Hunting!

Chukers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chuckers, Keep the photos at 700 pics wide or less and they will fit. Use the resize in your photoshop. The length is not that important. Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Chuckers, Keep the photos at 700 pics wide or less and they will fit. Use the resize in your photoshop. The length is not that important. Frank

figures that would bother you. you must have a HF screen because it fits on mine just fine or its your HF glasses they can't see text that small or... your HF... Aww I'm just joking with ya!

Chukers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay Chuckers, I just got the HF sander/grinder complete with pads, bonnet, sanding disc and backing wheel for $39.99. It works great. I have to re-due the sides of my 13 year old pickup bed.
It's an Isuzu and it is made by GM as per the mfg label. I paid $8,000 for it new. I have 130,000 mi. on it. Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:

I made them smaller just for you Frankn... Enjoy

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Hay Chuckers, I just got the HF sander/grinder complete with pads, bonnet, sanding disc and backing wheel for $39.99. It works great. I have to re-due the sides of my 13 year old pickup bed.
It's an Isuzu and it is made by GM as per the mfg label. I paid $8,000 for it new. I have 130,000 mi. on it. Frank

I'm so happy for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions