Quick video on why you need to edit the Dry Beach program (and dig it all)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know gold chains are hard to hit but I am surprised it was hitting that low. It is probably invisible below the frequency you were hitting it at, too. IOW, probably could not hit it at 18 khz with the regular coil. At least not at depth.

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed....makes you wonder how many are out there....they probably get passed off as Bobbie Pins...and 99 times out of 100 they probably are. Although I did not video it, when the chain was balled up, it did ring in around 25-30 in 29 Khz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good video, a few months ago I decided to check my "great " program on a 10kt gold chain, it wouldn't pick it up so I began researching what I needed to do to get it to. At that time I was using 18khz, my AT GOLD picked it up no problem. I didn't realize that it could read that low. So I guess I need to constantly be checking depth and if it hits the targets that I want it to.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus and small gold

I know gold chains are hard to hit but I am surprised it was hitting that low. It is probably invisible below the frequency you were hitting it at, too. IOW, probably could not hit it at 18 khz with the regular coil. At least not at depth.

I've been hunting for almost 30 years but just go the Deus last week.. I bought the HF Eliptical coil also a large coil.
I have a lot of gold to test this on.. I set it on the highest frequency and this thing registers on all
the gold I have in Air tests. A test that most machines can't pass is the small cut ring test. Where you have a gold ring open at the band, my DFX will not even register this.. but the Deus in this setting sounds on it strong.. I'm not sure how I have discrim set, but my small gold is reading in the 20-30 range with about 25 being the smallest of fragments even though it would register on the smallest pieces of gold, it's debatable whether you could pick this stuff up in the field. Consider all the scraps of foil etc. But I went through a playground with the Deus and was shocked at the tiny sized items it registered on..
This was the HF elliptical coil, I don't know how the standard coils or large standard coils in other frequencies will respond .... but I can see this is going to be one hot machine.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The elliptical coil has been documented to recover some pretty small gold nugget fragments in the field so the prospectors are excited. Assume small jewelry should be a piece of cake. I am hoping it hits on small brass and lead in mineralized soil for relic hunting this fall.

BTW - Congrats TORRERO on the new Deus. Stick around and a lot of folks on here will give you some great tips. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions