Rolex!!!!

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I never re post things but when I found the Rolex two years ago I wasn't part of this group so I figured I would share with you all. Some of you may have seen it on other groups but I guess most haven't. When I first started detecting that's all I could think a bunch of Rolex, Diamond rings, and Spanish ship wreck treasure ending up in the scoop then I woke up to reality but still one Rolex is better than none. Had an offer for $2,800 on it. I kindly declined and still it's sits in the saftey deposit box at the bank. I even did the water test on the face and the water should bead off the face. Thanks for looking and happy hunting all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 368
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 20
OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. I'm just blessed that I had such an amazing find no matter if someone asked me to find it for them or how I just randomly found it. I'm just blessed Im alive and able to detect and find amazing things. This Rolex will be hard to top but I will keep swinging and trying that's for sure. Thanks for everyone's advise and support. I know the ring finders are a busy group and do a decent amount of recoveries one of my friends does it and I've helped him on a few hunts when he's needs to find a lost item for someone.

Time we let the FINDER enjoy his find.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much, best advise yet. Because in fact I did find it the saltwater and the band had some corrosion on it, the bezel and case appeared to be fine but yes it just sits and doesn't tick. I check on it every few months crossing fingers it just runs let alone proper. I will look into that cause this is one find I don't want to stop working or lose value because it did stop working. Will take it in cleaned, oiled, and sized. Thanks again.

Definitely a great find that you want to keep in good shape. I didn't see if you found it in water or not but have you taken it in to get cleaned and oiled? Just a little moisture in it will get worse over time. My opinion is clean it, oil it, size it, then wear it only on special occasions. Otherwise because it is an automatic, you should store it in a auto winder display box and put it on display in your house. Having it running will help keep everything lubed and running for years in the future.
Five Best Watch Winders - Gear Patrol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread