Rolex!!!!

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I never re post things but when I found the Rolex two years ago I wasn't part of this group so I figured I would share with you all. Some of you may have seen it on other groups but I guess most haven't. When I first started detecting that's all I could think a bunch of Rolex, Diamond rings, and Spanish ship wreck treasure ending up in the scoop then I woke up to reality but still one Rolex is better than none. Had an offer for $2,800 on it. I kindly declined and still it's sits in the saftey deposit box at the bank. I even did the water test on the face and the water should bead off the face. Thanks for looking and happy hunting all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 368
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 20

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I thought mine was a fake because I don't find stuff like that but it was real and got one off the the bucket list congrats

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My 2 lesbian neighbors bought me a Rolex watch for my birthday!

I think they mis-understood me!.

When asked "what I wanted for my birthday?", I told them "I wanna watch". :dontknow:

The Rolex was nice all the same! :BangHead:

Hahaha! Now that's funny. Thanks for lightening up the thread a bit.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeeze, I hope you didn't share your opinion of those that have been in the unfortunate situation of losing a class ring with her

I was amazed when she stated that she lost both rings, but I was very diplomatic about it! She stated that one was stolen and the other was lost during one of her many moves over the years. Also, you have to realize that gold was a lot cheaper back in the 1970's, so the rings didn't cost hundreds of dollars. Losing a small class ring wasn't a big financial loss back then.

Another point I'd like to make is that almost any lost class ring can be replaced by Jostens. If the ring really means something to a person, they can get a replacement of the original ring. Jostens also offers free replacement of lost rings for 4 years and you can purchase insurance for a lower cost replacement for 10 years from the date of purchase.

Again, it's all about taking responsibility for your actions. I don't own many items of significant value, but they're all insured against loss or theft. Just my take on all of this...

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: Let's say you were with detecting buddies, and when done started hanging out chatting and maybe grabbing a bite and accidentally left your detector behind without thinking. Half an hour later you realize you left it there and went back to where you left it and it was still there, you even had you name written on the control housing, except someone picked it up right after you left and now claimed it. Would you expect to get it back or be angry if the person that "found" it refused to return it to you? Or would you just walk away and buy a new one? Just curious.
If I walked away from it the finder should think it was abandoned and keep it. I would have no further claim to it. BTW, I probably need to upgrade my detectors anyway.

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good scenario. How about the show storage wars? They go in and bid on people's personal items they find a rolex or thousands of dollars in jewerly you think they are trying to find the owner? No way!!! Why not? So what if the person didn't pay the storage bill on time or didn't pay it at all it's still personal items so shouldn't they be returned to the owner? Most people think once it's gone in the ocean it's gone forever. I'm not too worried about it. It's been two years and it still runs and no problems I'm in no hurry to get it serviced and Im really not concerned about it. I
Like some said take it to a local guy that is authorized in Rolex repair and for service. If I ever do need to do something with it.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I think rather than people arguing over returns vs. finders keepers, they should be debating whether or not this is a BANNER find or not. I, for one, think an authentic Rolex is a Banner find and it has my vote.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think rather than people arguing over returns vs. finders keepers, they should be debating whether or not this is a BANNER find or not. I, for one, think an authentic Rolex is a Banner find and it has my vote.

Would not qualify for Banner, item found 2 years ago and member just joined TN in March of this year....All banner finds must be found after joining TreasureNet, not before joining..

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
How do we know for sure the items found were lost? They could have been thrown away. It's possible. Not my two cents, just a bent penny.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Would not qualify for Banner, item found 2 years ago and member just joined TN in March of this year....All banner finds must be found after joining TreasureNet, not before joining..

Sorry, I missed that. Perhaps Today's Finds isn't the best place to post it, maybe in My Best Finds would be more appropriate.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do we know for sure the items found were lost? They could have been thrown away. It's possible. Not my two cents, just a bent penny.

funny as it sounds escape could be right.as a member of theringfinders.com I can tell you that about 1 in 4 calls I get are to recover a ring that was thrown during an arguement.And thats just the ones that admit it.one was worth well over 15k.I guess you just never know.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd keep it and have a good time! Enjoy!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The possibility that I could be Right, is both alarming and frighting. Lol

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Treasure Hunter if I knew about this group when I found the Rolex in October 4th, 3 2013 I woukd had posted it. Not to mention it was one day after my birthday. So if I knew about this group and posted it at the time then it would be banner but not now because of not knowing about the fourm. At least I didn't lie about when I found it that in my mind is banner and that I even found a real one at all two years ago or two days ago and what a heck of a birthday present. It will always be one of my best finds other than the two platinum diamond rings. Wasn't trying for a banner and shouldn't matter when it was found if the person was honest about when and that they did found it when posting. Only reason I posted was to show off my amazing find from two years ago for people who've never seen it posted to other groups or not. To me it was one of the best says of my life banner or not, two years later or not how rare is a rolex find. Two years ago maybe I should had submitted a photo to a treasure hunter magazine for find of the month after starting 10 months before but I didn't. I guess we learn eventually but in my mind it's a top notch find and I couldn't be happier that i found it.

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about that two years ago when I started finding wedding bands and diamond rings hope many people got mad in the heat of the moment and threw it in the ocean and what not. Either way it shouldn't matter if they lost it or threw it if you found it. How do we know if they lost it or threw it when we just walk upon it with no knowledge of how it got there in the first place?

funny as it sounds escape could be right.as a member of theringfinders.com I can tell you that about 1 in 4 calls I get are to recover a ring that was thrown during an arguement.And thats just the ones that admit it.one was worth well over 15k.I guess you just never know.

OP
OP
Y

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will read over rules but just too bad I didn't know about the group and wasn't part of it at the time I found the Rolex or I would had posted it that day just like I did in other detecting groups I belonged to.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will read over rules but just too bad I didn't know about the group and wasn't part of it at the time I found the Rolex or I would had posted it that day just like I did in other detecting groups I belonged to.
Definitely a great find that you want to keep in good shape. I didn't see if you found it in water or not but have you taken it in to get cleaned and oiled? Just a little moisture in it will get worse over time. My opinion is clean it, oil it, size it, then wear it only on special occasions. Otherwise because it is an automatic, you should store it in a auto winder display box and put it on display in your house. Having it running will help keep everything lubed and running for years in the future.
Five Best Watch Winders - Gear Patrol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread