Scary eyeball finds today in the parks

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
The Dr says I can't bend and crouch just yet so I went to check out a couple of parks over by where I work just so I could get out of the house. I've driven past these parks on several occassions but have always been too tired to stop, or they were too busy.

The area that I work in is NOT one for the faint of heart, and you DEFINITELY don't want to come around after dark, so I'm not too surprised at what all I found in the tot-lots.

All of the below was found ON TOP of the chips in the 2 parks I checked out...

Trash everywhere
LOTS of plastic tips that go on cigars
Bottle tops for beer
Bottle caps for wine
Cig butts galore
5, yes 5, used condoms (they were open and un-rolled, I didn't check any closer!) :o
And finally, one syringe!

Now I'm wondering what all I'll find under the chips when I can swing the MD a little out there. :icon_scratch:

Grip

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It's funny how parks seem to attract the type of people that everyone wants to avoid. I know the police are very overworked and spread way too thin these days. There have been several discussions here in Missouri about the police setting up DUI checkpoints on the highways and how they are not constitutional. I have never heard of police sweeping parks at night arresting everyone and sorting it out at the police station. You would think if they did this sporadically a few times a month that the parks would become less inviting for people to hangout in over night. I don't know the demographics of your city but if randomly stopping cars on a public highway and checking for alcohol is legal why isn't randomly checking people for drug and other infractions in a park after dark? They would probably get a lot of teenagers that are just trying to have sex but oh well. As a parent of 2 teenage girls that's fine with me.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
txkickergirl said:
I would be careful digging around in those chips

That is a VERY true statement for sure! I definitely won't "sift" the chips through my fingers like normal. All sorting will be done with the digger.

As for random sweeps of the parks at night... I think that would be a VERY good idea and that area would benefit from it. The 2 parks are in poorer neighborhoods and I would be willing to be a buffalo nickle that some of what I'm seeing is residual left over from prostitution in the area.

Now I just hope that some change and other trinkets have fallen from the pockets while quickly getting dressed! ;D

I may venture out there in a little while with my long handle digger to see what's there. I won't have to bend with it and the parks around here have a rubber base under the chips so it won't be actual digging. If I go out I'll post it.

Grip

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Man, you're hitting some interesting lots for sure! I've hit a couple on the 'east side' at night that I only used my headlamp intermittently, and used one earbud to listen to my detector. Still, I only wanted to be careful in a slightly bad neighborhood..what you describe sounds like a reason to carry a .45 caliber repellent!

T

trish76642

pyledriver said:
Man, you're hitting some interesting lots for sure! I've hit a couple on the 'east side' at night that I only used my headlamp intermittently, and used one earbud to listen to my detector. Still, I only wanted to be careful in a slightly bad neighborhood..what you describe sounds like a reason to carry a .45 caliber repellent!

yeah...no kidding! Thats what cha call hardcore detecting! lol

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
You may find a grenade or pistol under those chips :drunken_smilie:. Then again, I think it's worth taking the chances because those folks that hang out all night at parks wear ALOT of Gold!!!! Bet you find a ring at least!! :hello2:

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
shanegalang said:
You may find a grenade or pistol under those chips :drunken_smilie:. Then again, I think it's worth taking the chances because those folks that hang out all night at parks wear ALOT of Gold!!!! Bet you find a ring at least!! :hello2:

Yes they do wear a lot of gold! But it's the location that gets me, and finding a weapon there wound not surprise me in the least. I did notice however that the parks were vacant during the wet weather so that may be the time to go over and really hunt them. I work about 5 minutes from either of them so I could plan my trip between spring showers... Both lots are SMALL so I'll bet I could cover them in less than an hour each.

I typically don't use phones and would NEVER in this location for sure.

Grip

byron (tx)

Greenie
Feb 28, 2005
We occasionally find the same nasty items (condoms, bullets, feces, rotten food, half empty beer/wine bottles & cans, lots of bullets, knives, crack pipes) at some of the parks and a few school playgrounds in the Houston urban area. Watch our where you kneel down to dig too. I was hunting at a bulldozed crack house several years ago, got distracted digging a nice walking liberty half and some wheat pennies in one hole, knelt down again, my knee sliced right on top of a vertical long piece of broken window glass. Did not need stitches, kind of weird washing blood off dug coins (yes, I kept hunting and got a few more silver coins!). I had a near miss years ago digging clad at a school playground (scary neighborhood), almost knelt down on a hypo needle.

I now use a sharpshooter shovel when digging in these playground tot lots and demolition sites. It use my shoe to move the dirt/mulch around to get to the target and refill the hole.

T

trish76642

I use my shoe to move the dirt/mulch around to get to the target and refill the hole.

Thats good thinking Byron.

I just dont understand how they can destroy a play ground with all that filthy stuff....makes me sick.

How do they sleep at night knowing they left a needle/condom on a playground? I guess a crack doesnt care about themself, why would they care about any one else.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
I'm with you Trish, they DON'T care what they leave behind because they have no feelings for their fellow man/woman.

I'd love to see a sweep, curfew, or something done with the parks. I'd also like to see the people that "use" the parks in the middle of the night incarcerated for MANY years, but we all know how well that would go over...

Grip

T

trish76642

DrGrip said:
I'm with you Trish, they DON'T care what they leave behind because they have no feelings for their fellow man/woman.

I'd love to see a sweep, curfew, or something done with the parks. I'd also like to see the people that "use" the parks in the middle of the night incarcerated for MANY years, but we all know how well that would go over...

Grip

Yeah, would be nice if the 'careing' people of that neighborhood would get a petition started to have the city do something about it...Put those tax dollars to good use. I would if it were me. I would throw a fit!

Make the inmates clean it up, or Juveniles. And have a Curfew!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
~trish~ said:
DrGrip said:

Grip

Yeah, would be nice if the 'careing' people of that neighborhood would get a petition started to have the city do something about it...Put those tax dollars to good use. I would if it were me. I would throw a fit!

The ex-inmates are the ones that hang around ours, and I assure you they are not cleaning.

More community service hours should be spent in these parks. I know they the do not put the people serving the hours to good use. That's what the program is in place for.

Make the inmates clean it up, or Juveniles. And have a Curfew!

T

trish76642

oh im real sure their not cleaning it up at night, but they should make their butts do it while their in jail..I'm sure they got plenty of inmates to keep it clean.

What happened to the good ole days? I sure miss em!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
~trish~ said:
oh im real sure their not cleaning it up at night, but they should make their butts do it while their in jail..I'm sure they got plenty of inmates to keep it clean.

Gone Trish, and to be honest the real "good ol days' were even before my time. People just do not care anymore. I picked up around a local marker one time because I had some free time, I came back 2 weeks later and it looked worse. Most people have no respect, value or care about their surroundings or others property anymore.

T

trish76642

Shaw said:
~trish~ said:

Gone Trish, and to be honest the real "good ol days' were even before my time. People just do not care anymore. I picked up around a local marker one time because I had some free time, I came back 2 weeks later and it looked worse. Most people have no respect, value or care about their surroundings or others property anymore.

they sure dont...just think how the worlds gonna be when their childrens, children are grown, after being taught such uncaring behavior.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the city parks here are known for various illegal activities or pervert hangouts. I know one that is almost exclusively a homosexual hangout. If you don't want to be hit on or see some unnatural sex acts, you just don't go there. Another is a gangbanger hangout and you are apt to find all kinds of narcotics paraphernalia, expended bullets in the sand and no telling what else. If you hunt the gangbanger park, go right at daylight and it is vacant. They don't get up and around until about 10:00 AM. One time on the Police Department I got a call about a man who said a pervert accosted him in a public park bathroom. When I got there I talked to the man who called just outside of the bathroom and asked ,"Where's the pervert now?" A voice inside the bathroom said, "I'm in here"!! He was too! Monty

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I find this sort of stuff, not as much in Richardson/Plano, but in the area. I have told MANY parents not to let their kids play barefooted in the parks. Also, having a bag full of said junk is a great way to get groundskeepers and "concerned parents" to see you in a completely different light.

I have also found discarded underwear, clothing, and assorted stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread