Season 7 - The story goes on...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed last night's episode - lots of serious investigation. They literally left no stone unturned. Spoiler: no gold was found.

I would think if they had a massive project to create hundreds of feet of tunnels X 100 feet deep using those old French carts, that at least one of those carts would be abandoned in the swamp zone, leaving rusted fastening hardware and those iron wheel hoops.

"It's the Eye of the Swamp, it's the thrill of the dig
Risin' up to the challenge..."

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Because I saved those images when they were broadcast in early 2019. That was them excavating the swamp. You can look at them yourself. Go to the final episode of Season 6, the segment that is 'Next season on.....'
See the excavator quite plainly digging out the swamp? It's also them sinking a can into the Pit.

Which part of these are images of work done in 2018 but it wasn't shown as part of Season 6 or that it says on them 'coming up in Season 7' isn't correct?

While it may be a lesson to not let the intern put together the 'Coming up on Oak Island' segment the point being as the photos show the swamp was excavated already by them in 2018 as well as a can into the Money Pit. Nothing was found.

As it's a different excavator and can that was filmed for the 2019 then what is becong shown is a 2019 recreation of the unshown 2018 work? Same outcome as it was already known back in 2018?

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll believe it's all old footage when I spot them slipping up and showing Dan Blankenship tooling around on his cart in the background.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another meh episode. Not sure how they can compare the conglomerate of stones in the swamp directly to the 18th century construction at the fortress without actually finding a french drain system in the swamp. Building a causeway with rocks is not limited to 18th century French builders.

The dig at the museum for the 90 ft stone was a waste of time. That had absolutely zero chance of working out.

It looks like they'll drag out the money pit drill shafts for the rest of the season by showing us one core sample per each episode. All this work was likely performed in a couple of days, but they'll pretend to find something of interest by the finale to justify another season.

Has Gary found anything of significance this year? The whole metal detecting thing has not aged well on this show. It was cool for a couple seasons, but now seems repetitive.

I do like the swamp expert. Not sure about his qualifications, but he appears to know his stuff.

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do not know why you think this. It is obvious that is not the same digger as they are using on this series. As said by the previous poster the filming is done in the summer months 4 to 6 months earlier. The show can be criticized for a lot of things but your claim is not supported by the photos you have shown. No one has said they haven't been digging swamp before or digging holes before but that is not what you are claiming. I do not find your claims credible. There is ample evidence that what they are doing now was filmed after the end of last season. As that would of been filmed in the summer of the previous year. Everyone knows it is not contemporary as Oak Island would be frozen solid at the moment.

However I do agree nothing is likely to be found and they are just filling up time to milk money from advertising. It is also very obvious that any belief that treasure existed has long gone from the Laginas.

Who determined from what angle of inclination that image was taken? Why is the rectangle distorted to make it seem like the camera is nowhere close to being directly above or at very high altitude? Why is the rectangle distorted in the y axis and the tree of life not distorted on that axis?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Yep it might be old footage.

This one doesn't appear to be as the clothes can be seen being worn in Season 6 episodes. The results would have been known in 2018? S7A.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that J.Steeles explanation that the swamp was possibly an attempt at a man made fresh water dam to support the Jesuit naval stores operation is consistent with a man made stone platform existing there. This platform could of been either a road across the area or a stone causeway into the dam where they could easily load up water carts for their operation. Her theory believes that they were using slave labor so making a stone platform would of been quite simple.

What a surprise there was not a inscribed stone in the backyard of the museum....

The dating of that old wood was the most interesting thing shown on the show in my view. The fact that the tree was cut down around 1650 is certainly old. However it does not mean it was placed underground then. Someone may of simply used an old fallen down tree.

The assumption that because they have found virgin soil it is not the original money pit is not valid. If the original money pit did not really exist than maybe what they have found is where the early people thought it was. The soil that was simple to drill through could of been what made early searchers think they were drilling into a void or previously mined area. I totally agree with skybolt that it is just irritating that they show us so little about what their other drill holes show of the area where they think the original pit now maybe. I suppose it indicates the total lack of anything interesting or significant they have found this season to show so they stretch it out....

I only skimmed through this episode and skipped all the rubbish about a French fort etc

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dating of that old wood was the most interesting thing shown on the show in my view. The fact that the tree was cut down around 1650 is certainly old. However it does not mean it was placed underground then. Someone may of simply used an old fallen down tree.

This bit was certainly interesting. However, I'm still not 100% sold that this was undisturbed soil since the original construction back in the 1600's, 1700's or whatever. I still think it's possible that anything near the money pit area was likely excavated by Dunfield and filled back in, even at 100 ft depths (at minimum via drill shafts). If this was the case, then that piece of wood could've easily come from another location on the island at much shallower depths, similar to the bones found previously (a shallow grave falls further down the shaft as the above ground is turned into Swiss cheese).

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bit was certainly interesting. However, I'm still not 100% sold that this was undisturbed soil since the original construction back in the 1600's, 1700's or whatever. I still think it's possible that anything near the money pit area was likely excavated by Dunfield and filled back in, even at 100 ft depths (at minimum via drill shafts). If this was the case, then that piece of wood could've easily come from another location on the island at much shallower depths, similar to the bones found previously (a shallow grave falls further down the shaft as the above ground is turned into Swiss cheese).
yep.. It is also possible that the loose /soft easy to drill soil is supportive of the sink hole theory. If the soil had in the past collapsed into on of those underground caverns the soil that would of came back over time would be much thinner/looser then the other soil in the area.

It is very annoying that they do not show a map of the ground where all the holes have been drilled and where they are looking now. This makes it look like they have something to hide. If this hole is no where near the efforts of previous searchers then it probably has zero chance of being the original pit.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that the original MP hole location has been lost for over 100 years so where people have been digging doesn't mean that is where it is/was... Not sure why it's location was never surveyed/located better on a map but it wasn't... Each new searcher group that came in was basing their thinking of where the hole is based off what the group before them did.. Never knowing for sure how close any of them were to it...

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my reading and personal research, 1650 is an interesting date as it relates to some documented American History that has been associated to OI already. The American alchemist George Starkey left Harvard around that year looking for a specified island location where a very unique type of solar eclipse had been forecast to occur in 1651 where the Moon would obfuscate the Sun exactly at Sunrise (a darkened Sun was to rise ) at a certain date. Some Europeans had worked out that the eclipse in question was going to be first visible in what is today Atlantic Canada. Starkey is believed to have retrieved this information from the study of the works of European alchemists, notably John Dee. Dee has ascribed various alchemical properties to this event. This is a link to the eclipse in question that is taken from NASA's eclipse records (they also provide the tool to visualize). It occurred on Sept. 30th, 1651. It's part of a cluster of eclipses that occurred around 1651 that are part of known cycle that had been traced from long before. I've selected the OI location to show it is on the the path of the event on the Earth's surface.

https://i.imgur.com/1FfMgsG.png

If there were people on OI in 1651 they were treated to a very rare spectacle in late September.

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going through withdrawal this week because I see there's no show. Probably getting ready for next week's appears of Cap'n Kirk.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going through withdrawal this week because I see there's no show. Probably getting ready for next week's appears of Cap'n Kirk.
Last time Kirk showed up and tried to dig a mine it didn''t go to well for Vulcan

vulcan-trekxi-beam.jpg

Hope he is not brining the same tool to oak island...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In "drilling down", Rick says "I've told this story ad nauseam; I don't know if you want to hear it"
Captain Kirk: "I have a high tolerance for nausea"

He's definitely come to the right place!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In tonight's episode, they find a new undocumented wooden structure in Upland Cove - previous searchers must have built some massive structures down there. I'm not sure that their digging methods would withstand a safety officer's inspection as the track hoes dig quite deep.

The 'burnt' ship strap was a nothing find - it could have easily been cast off from a ship repair and even used as a pot holder above a camp fire, and later burned.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the one show I refuse to watch. They give our members who actually find treasures a bad name.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that always has amazed me about treasure stories...

There is no limit or bounds to the imaginations of those who seek them.

Especially treasure stories which are based on zero factual data's.

Not like treasure was SAID to be there through some factual historical document.

Not like treasure in some form had been factually found and factually documented.

Not like anyone is even documented as "seeing" anything of value... ever.

YET...

Imagination has built this into Spanish Templar Ships... (WHICH NEVER EXISTED>>> EVER ! ! ! )

And tunnels of traps and gold and on and on.

There is s HUGE difference in basing a "theory" on "speculation"... VERSUS... "Basing a theory on empirical facts".

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to laugh when Marty said "There is increasing evidence of a flood tunnel" (or something like that). They have found zero evidence of a flood tunnel... All they have found is lots of evidence of people looking for flood tunnels.

That structure in Smiths cove they are digging is covered in tar paper this means they know it must be searchers. Tar paper like on that structure doesn't exist until 19th Centaury. It seem more likely that Ricks first "guess" that this structure was from Reinstall is much more likely (or some other searchers).

The latest "old wood" they have found up from Smiths cove seems likely to be as guessed by Laird to be Turo company. They did massive amounts of undocumented searches they had over 60 men and 30 horses engaged in their efforts. So no surprise they built significant attempts to block of the speculated flood tunnels.

Why are they surprised to find tools where a stone causeway was built?

They only show one previous drill hole after specifically telling us they have dug "dozens" of holes. They latest efforts must be on or near their previous dug holes and that is why they are not showing them. It it was virgin ground they would be telling us.

Another episode that shows nothing new...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to be finding alot more of that metal object that they think came from a ship. If a ship is in there or was burned in there, there would be lots of those along with other pieces. I'd like to see them do some serious dredging of the whole area and not just hodge podge digging here and there..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread