Seriously uncomfortable survey of Law Enforcement Officers.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it turns out a Very large percentage believe that legally armed citizens help to make everyone safer, Matter of fact all of the proposed changes by the left go down in stunning defeat, Uh Oh.
Law enforcement says gun restrictions are ineffective: Survey - Washington Times

A national survey of law enforcement shows officers believe many proposed gun control measures — including bans on assault weapons — will be ineffective at reducing violent crime and that legal gun ownership by private citizens would prove a better safeguard.

Read more: Law enforcement says gun restrictions are ineffective: Survey - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The survey found that 91.5 percent of respondents believe a federal ban on the manufacture or sale of semi-automatic weapons would have no effect or a negative effect on the reduction of violent crime.

• Nearly 96 percent said that a ban on standard capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds would not reduce violent crime.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-8.06.57-AM-620x242.png
(Photo: PoliceOne)

• More than 81 percent said that “gun buy-backs” do not reduce gun violence.

• Nearly 80 percent said that a ban on private transfers of firearms between law-abiding citizens would not reduce violent crime.
  • 71 percent said that a ban on “assault weapons” would have no impact on reducing violent crime. 20.5 percent said it would actually have a ​negative ​impact.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-8.13.41-AM-620x306.png

• More than 70 percent opposed the idea of a national database of legal gun sales.
  • Nearly 68 percent said magazine capacity restrictions would negatively affect them personally.
  • More than 60 percent said that the passage of Obama’s gun control legislation would do nothing to improve officer safety. Nearly 25 percent said it would actually have a ​negative​ impact.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-8.16.21-AM-620x305.png

On the other hand:

• More than 76 percent responded with either a 4 or 5 when asked on a scale of 1-5 how important legally armed citizens are to reducing overall crime.
  • 80 percent believe legally armed citizens can reduce casualties in incidents of mass violence.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-8.36.36-AM-620x408.png

• More than 91 percent stated they supported the Right-to-Carry by law abiding Americans.
  • More than 76 percent support the arming of trained and qualified teachers or administrators who volunteer to carry a firearm.
Bottom line:

• Nearly 45 percent said that if they were Sheriff or Chief, they would not enforce more restrictive gun laws, and would vocally join the opposition effort. Another 17.2 percent said they would not enforce the laws, and “quietly lead the agency in the opposite direction.” 20 percent were unsure of how they would respond.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-8.21.09-AM-620x351.png

Glenn Beck and many others have been saying that Americans need to encourage local sheriffs to stand up against gun control measures.
“I’m telling you the sheriffs are the last line of defense, because the sheriffs don’t answer to the governor, the sheriffs don’t answer to the legislature,” Beck said. “The sheriffs only answer to two things: You and the Constitution.”
Executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action Chris Cox weighed in: “The American people, and particularly the members of law enforcement, want politicians in Washington to stop pursuing a failed political agenda and get to work fixing our broken mental health system, improving school security, and getting criminals off the streets.”

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. That is a pretty revealing census.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The liberals on here (and we know who they are will say this is untrue ) just watch....THE liberals don`t let the truth get in their way of lying...and i think some here are government plants !

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The liberals on here (and we know who they are will say this is untrue ) just watch....THE liberals don`t let the truth get in their way of lying...and i think some here are government plants !

What is a liberal??

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

AMEN!
For the uninformed, a Hebrew word meaning "I Agree".

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Like a fern? A houseplant, perhaps?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Like a fern? A houseplant, perhaps?

Same IQ, except the houseplants absorb BS to grow . . . the liberal plants exhale BS every time they open their mouths.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is your definition of a liberal. Or is it just something you heard on talk radio?

You realy don`t know what a liberal is ?...that just proves you don`t belong on here...not my job to educate you

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You realy don`t know what a liberal is ?...that just proves you don`t belong on here...not my job to educate you

Funny how you can't answer the question. Did you just think it sounded like a cool insult when rush says it?? Pretty funny.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a simple answer to what a liberal is; They simple think that it is the duty of the Gov't to care care of all of us from cradle to gave. I on the other hand think you should take care of youself and your own. I don't work as hard as I do to pay taxes,(just mailed the check today), to give it out to everyone who has their hand out. Being self-employed I have to pay the full 15+ percent of my income to social security and medicare not the 7 percent others have taken out of their checks. People need to start depending on themselves and stop thinking they are entitled to every thing.

Sorry I got off track, but needed to rant.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a simple answer to what a liberal is; They simple think that it is the duty of the Gov't to care care of all of us from cradle to gave. I on the other hand think you should take care of youself and your own. I don't work as hard as I do to pay taxes,(just mailed the check today), to give it out to everyone who has their hand out. Being self-employed I have to pay the full 15+ percent of my income to social security and medicare not the 7 percent others have taken out of their checks. People need to start depending on themselves and stop thinking they are entitled to every thing.

Sorry I got off track, but needed to rant.

But the founding fathers considered themselves to be the great liberal of their era?? We're they living off the gov teat??

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW some people got bent about this post, huh? Trying to throw off the gun control debate?

But seriously, If A very large percentage of law enforcement say these proposed laws and bans will not help, and might even make it less safe, Shouldn't we at least look at their opinions,, rather than the 3 or 4 on this website that love the controls?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What is a liberal??

I really don't think they know themselves. For one thing they were weened way to early and all they want to do is crawl back into Mommy's arms so she can comfort and protect them from all of those mean people who believe in Jesus Christ, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, traditional family values - they've never had any of that, nor have they embraced the Call of Duty for our nation. I think maybe their DNA was on that seat with Jane Fonda when she manned that NVA anit-aircraft gun.....

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't think they know themselves. For one thing they were weened way to early and all they want to do is crawl back into Mommy's arms so she can comfort and protect them from all of those mean people who believe in Jesus Christ, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, traditional family values - they've never had any of that, nor have they embraced the Call of Duty for our nation. I think maybe their DNA was on that seat with Jane Fonda when she manned that NVA anit-aircraft gun.....

And you think this describes our founding fathers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions