Seriously uncomfortable survey of Law Enforcement Officers.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when the LEOs state that even they feel safer with a lawfully armed citizenry,(84%) why would we want to ignore that? In the survey they actually said that armed citizens help them keep America safe.

91% thought the ban of "Assault" type weapons would either have no effect or a negative effect on reducing violent crime! HMMMMM.
At least we know most of our LEOs are still sane!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
And none of it matters one bit! Without a Nationwide referendum they, like you, are tied into whatever the Govt decides to make "law"! This survey has no more effect than what you or i post here.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
"your a stupid head" "am not" "am too" "whaaaaaa"
Durn good post, a real eye opener. But what do officers know? They only deal with crap every day.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And none of it matters one bit! Without a Nationwide referendum they, like you, are tied into whatever the Govt decides to make "law"! This survey has no more effect than what you or i post here.
Are you really in Sweden? If so, why do you feel the need to enter every thread about guns? I am not trying to be disrepectful, I am simply wondering your relevance to these issues?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You know... It's one thing to have differring political views but you guys have gone too far with this "evil liberal" crap.

You guys have basically said that liberals, your neighbors and fellow Americans, are less than human.

You have described them as having a "mental disorder" and "stealing oxygen".

This has gone beyond insults and is now being revealed as deeply disturbing. I would never regard my fellow Americans on the other side of the political spectrum as anything less than human; albeit with a different opinion than I.

Doesn't Christianity teach you to love thy neighbor? I guess not...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, this is the 2nd Amendment Watchdog forum not the rubber room, please stop the derogatory remarks...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You know... It's one thing to have differring political views but you guys have gone too far with this "evil liberal" crap.

You guys have basically said that liberals, your neighbors and fellow Americans, are less than human.

You have described them as having a "mental disorder" and "stealing oxygen".

This has gone beyond insults and is now being revealed as deeply disturbing. I would never regard my fellow Americans on the other side of the political spectrum as anything less than human; albeit with a different opinion than I.

Doesn't Christianity teach you to love thy neighbor? I guess not...

We can not know all of ones life,lots of trauma to the soul shaping that person gradually by resenting that trauma,you become what you hate.How can one be better if one remains bitter? It is not a matter of who's right or who's wrong,it's a matter of whats right and whats wrong.If I offended anyone,that was NOT my intent,truth is truth,just watch the resentment,you can disagree,no need to be upset,you just don't agree. Yes,Love thy neighbor as THYSELF.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
We can not know all of ones life,lots of trauma to the soul shaping that person gradually by resenting that trauma,you become what you hate.How can one be better if one remains bitter? It is not a matter of who's right or who's wrong,it's a matter of whats right and whats wrong.If I offended anyone,that was NOT my intent,truth is truth,just watch the resentment,you can disagree,no need to be upset,you just don't agree. Yes,Love thy neighbor as THYSELF.

I don't recall seeing any posts from you on this thread. Not sure what you are talking about...

I will tell you this: READ WHAT I WROTE AGAIN. Several posts here go well beyond "not agreeing".

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall seeing any posts from you on this thread. Not sure what you are talking about...

I will tell you this: READ WHAT I WROTE AGAIN. Several posts here go well beyond "not agreeing".

Jersey ben is talking about all of the posts he and others made trying to derail this thread on Police officers opinions on the proposed legislation,, They want you to respond angrily to their different attacks.

But the real subject here is the policeman's viewpoint of the wrong headed direction that a small minority of Americans wish to take us.

Our discussion is really on our rights guaranteed in the 2nd. All of the other topics some posters have tried to introduce here are extremely off topic.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Are you really in Sweden? If so, why do you feel the need to enter every thread about guns? I am not trying to be disrepectful, I am simply wondering your relevance to these issues?

Yes, i really am. Look, i have a Swedish keyboard and everything - Å Ä Ö .
If you've seen me enter every thread about guns then you've probably seen me explain why numerous times, so why ask the same question again?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
I'm a little curious about why suddenly the police are heroes when for months you gun lovers have thrown nothing but scorn at them for their tardiness?

You lot chop and change like the wind!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jersey ben is talking about all of the posts he and others made trying to derail this thread on Police officers opinions on the proposed legislation,, They want you to respond angrily to their different attacks.

But the real subject here is the policeman's viewpoint of the wrong headed direction that a small minority of Americans wish to take us.

Our discussion is really on our rights guaranteed in the 2nd. All of the other topics some posters have tried to introduce here are extremely off topic.

A small minority?? 90 percent of Americans are for universal background checks with no loopholes. I wouldn't call 90 percent a "small minority".

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small minority?? 90 percent of Americans are for universal background checks with no loopholes. I wouldn't call 90 percent a "small minority".

Hmmmmmmmmm............ back on topic.

Instead of debating who are "liberals", maybe we should be asking ourselves who are "loopholes"?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a little curious about why suddenly the police are heroes when for months you gun lovers have thrown nothing but scorn at them for their tardiness?

You lot chop and change like the wind!

I hope when i have written the police are not responsible for my protection and logistically cannot be expected to arrive promptly where i live it was not taken as scorn. They have a full plate,and are a factor in society having rules and enforcement. That said they are human and can believe either way on civilians and guns.
Those that shoot where i do are not objecting that i do obviously,somewhere others may not agree. We don,t insult each other over it.
I,ll change over time on occasion with an issue, not going to change sides to keep arguing though.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmmmmmmm............ back on topic.

Instead of debating who are "liberals", maybe we should be asking ourselves who are "loopholes"?

I think the biggest one most folks are looking to close down is the gun show loophole. At one point even the NRA was in favor of closing down all the background check. 'Background Checks for Every Sale at Every Gun Show. No Loopholes' was the NRA mantra.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Proposal changes nothing for me,any buys at shows have required check due to being from f.f.l. holder. Internet sales ship to a f.f.l. holder who is then going to check. Along with checks while not applauded, has been a long running issue by N.R.A. of enforcement of those declined. Odd as it seems a felon would fill out paperwork some do. So new laws for other states would also go unenforced by federal? Should be covered in bill but not yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Background checks are an invasion of privacy for every person who passes a background check.

2. Criminals do not buy guns from locations requiring background checks they buy them on the black market.

3. It is already illegal to buy a gun if your a convicted criminal.

4. The background records can be abused by other government agencies in electronic searches for reasons having nothing to do with the original background checks.

"Blue Slip"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread