Seriously uncomfortable survey of Law Enforcement Officers.

I used to have a ccl but then I read the con,and the bill of rights.And I refuse to pay for what the 2nd admits is a god given right.I am a law abiding citizen have been in law inforcement and worked until being disabled to where I can no longer work.But my way of self defense is never out of reach.Thank GOD I have never needed it but thank you GOD for giving some one the idea of making them. Thank you samunel Colt for making them affordable for every one.

Stockpicker, are you going to leave me hanging on the question of where you acquired your information regarding the N.R.A. position on background checks?.

I used to have a ccl but then I read the con,and the bill of rights.And I refuse to pay for what the 2nd admits is a god given right.I am a law abiding citizen have been in law inforcement and worked until being disabled to where I can no longer work.But my way of self defense is never out of reach.Thank GOD I have never needed it but thank you GOD for giving some one the idea of making them. Thank you samunel Colt for making them affordable for every one.

You are right. The fees for this permit that "allows" you your American rights are really a tax! It is hard to understand why we should have to pay for our human rights! Is history starting to repeat itself?

Stockpicker, are you going to leave me hanging on the question of where you acquired your information regarding the N.R.A. position on background checks?.

Sure direct quote from LaPierre himself - “We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone. That means closing the Hinckley loophole so the records of those adjudicated mentally ill are in the system.”

Obviously they have recently slightly changed their tune. Did you not know this?

In my normal course of work, I deal with Sheriffs, Deputies, City & State Police. I have old friends that work for some of those departments. I also occasionally talk with some Marshalls.

I'm known for being opinionated (wonder where they got that idea) and willing to ask questions.

Of all the people I know in law enforcement, there isn't one I've spoken with who believed citizens should not be able to keep and bear arms.

Lawyers and judges, on the other hand, were pretty much dead even split on the matter.

Not suprised by the split on judges and lawyer Chadeaux! Your profession rules the world, it was the first to be indoctrinated because it saw ways to make money..and the others realized how laws were written.

We need people like you for our side. Look up Ken Cuccinelli. We are proud of him.

Sure direct quote from LaPierre himself - “We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone. That means closing the Hinckley loophole so the records of those adjudicated mentally ill are in the system.”

Obviously they have recently slightly changed their tune. Did you not know this?

Between the statement you quote from 1992 till now a slight change in tune yes,because as Wayne said(to the question of support for all sales at gun shows requiring checks.) "we do not,because the fact is,the law right now is a failure the way it is working". 44 out of 76000 denied were prosecuted.
You are quoting a position from 1992 and claiming it is from current debate?.

Last edited:

Bill, thank you for your service to the citizens of this country.

I know what you mean, I try to be legal by being licensed, but I carried for protection for over 30 years when I was on the road traveling.

It use to be legal to open carry in Fla, they outlawed open carry when they legalized concealed carry.

I have talk to at least 15-20 local law enforcement officers since this started, only one told me he was against open carry, the rest were for open carry...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Between the statement you quote from 1992 till now a slight change in tune yes,because as Wayne said(to the question of support for all sales at gun shows requiring checks.) "we do not,because the fact is,the law right now is a failure the way it is working". 44 out of 76000 denied were prosecuted.

HMMM. 21 years later huh? Who would have known back then that Americans would be the ones trying to poison the B of R and the Constitution. I know I was asleep much the same as a few on the site now!
I have to say, until about 2002 I thought we were all in this together, I did not realize then that politicians were trying to "divide and conquer".
Sorry Tnet, Took me awhile to see the danger from within.

Who claimed it was from the current debate. I said in the past.

Who claimed it was from the current debate. I said in the past.

Great, where did you say in the past ? Why even dredge it up in the first place when it is no longer relevant? A response to current loophole b.s.?.or just got to get a jab in at the N.R.A. and exercise bias?. My question was on position. Not position decades ago.

Last edited:
Great, where did you say in the past ? Why even dredge it up in the first place when it is no longer relevant? A response to current loophole b.s.?.or just got to get a jab in at the N.R.A. and exercise bias?. My question was on position. Not position decades ago.

Why don't you think it is no longer relevant? Seems very relevant to the current debate going on down in DC don't you think?

And this explaining(or not) where you acquired your information. Date 1999.

Why don't you think it is no longer relevant? Seems very relevant to the current debate going on down in DC don't you think?

Your using N.R.A. position from 1999 as their current position is not relevant Stock Picker. Its misleading.

It makes a change from you lot using founding father comments,quotes and statements now when knowing full well they'd have a HUGE change of opinion if they were around today! :dontknow:

Existing law is existing law.:dontknow: how long has existing system of monarchy reigned? Why?. Its not from changing what's accepted as working due to its age and concept relating to time. It has evolved no doubt but still with in old frame work. So different?. Parliament ,commons still squabbles,parties still court favor. How and what its creation was based on is never
Discussed?.

Last edited:
It makes a change from you lot using founding father comments,quotes and statements now when knowing full well they'd have a HUGE change of opinion if they were around today! :dontknow:

And you know this how......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back