Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I am very protective about this board. I have been here long before this board started. The dowsing board has been deleted 2 times losing all the information. Just because the skeptics want the information gone does not mean we don’t have any rights. False information will always be unwelcome.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aart, I am no threat to your board. When this thread peters out, I will fade away from this forum. Peace, Brother.

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My plumber came to dig a trench in my yard . the city water bill was very high , the city inspector came out with a detector and painted a line across the lawn . when the man left my plumber bent two rods removed the orange flags and when he walked over where he thought the pipe was the rods crossed. he marked a new line , it was about 5 feet from the inspectors line , he dug the trench and the line was directly in the middle of the plumbers trench. I have not seen it find coins or gold but i can tell you without doubt it can find pipe in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My plumber came to dig a trench in my yard . the city water bill was very high , the city inspector came out with a detector and painted a line across the lawn . when the man left my plumber bent two rods removed the orange flags and when he walked over where he thought the pipe was the rods crossed. he marked a new line , it was about 5 feet from the inspectors line , he dug the trench and the line was directly in the middle of the plumbers trench. I have not seen it find coins or gold but i can tell you without doubt it can find pipe in the ground.

I do it the same way for over 15 years. When the utility company marks the lines they will use flags on thin pieces of metal, bend then 90 deftees so it is shapped like a pistol and they will cross when you cross over the line, in fact if you cross over the utility line they will continue to turn till they are pointing behind you.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My head hurts...
No reason for it to hurt, I lost $20 bet that it wouldn't work when I first heard of it, I then learned how to do it.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I thank you. Sometimes I go off the rails. What is or who is OP? Ref. Boogeyman above. When I was 16 year old, my Dad brought in a dowser to find a good spot for a well. The first spot he said you should hit water in 5 or 6 feet. Dry hole. The second AND third times my Dad brought him back, it was the same story, 5 or 6 feet. 3 dry holes. This is old glacial till, mostly rock. I had the pleasure of digging those holes with a shovel. My Dad was going to use 3 foot dia. sections, so each hole was four feet across. It made me a man. First impressions are powerful.
Sorry some guy who should have given you dad his money back (in my opinion) soured you on dowsing. I can turn that around to a question for you. How can on one occasion 3 locators with the newest equipment miss a water main at least 4 times? On another occasion different locator co. miss another main & valve several tries? And a couple other occasions. Yet in all these cases the mains, pipes & valves were located by old guys with dowsing rods. One old foreman used his wedding ring on a strand of speaker wire.

Give it try! It can't hurt! Heck you may have a hidden talent! I hope you do and your first experience doesn't keep you from learning! Learning is where the fun is.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have taught 100’s of FFA students how to find utility lines on their property. I found that about 90 % of the students could do this in less than 1 hour..Art

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course dowsing works. How do you think the tooth fairy finds the kids with lost teeth??

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't disrespect the fairies or the little people.
In Ireland there are places where disturbances of the land are illegal.
A sad feeling was when it was said from the land of Fairy that "We don't live here anymore."
They won't stay where disbelief lives.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray Gelder, Just read this Thread along with all the following post. I was really at a loss as to why a guy would start a new Thread, attacking and I'd say insulting unknown people without any provocation? Did a "Dowser" traumatize you at some point or time in your life? Or is it that your opinion, and your opinion only that matters, based on your experience's and your experience's only, and any one else needs to "Engage their brains, that they are in Utter and Complete fantasy." When you said a few times, "No Disrespect", I don't believe it for a minute, you started out the Thread that way. Starting out any new Thread in such a manner, is pretty much uncalled-for in this Forum or any other Forum contained in Treasure Net. Take it easy, you seem like an angry guy for some reason, hope you get better. Remember, it's not what you say. it's how you say it. In time you may learn that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sprailroad. You are 100% correct. My words were disrespectful, uncalled for, and unwelcome. Completely unnecessary. You did not need to hear my opinion on this. Have a great evening.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray, it's all cool, your new and your a welcome member here, time for all to move on.

Thread is locked.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread