SILVER IN NEVADA

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
Hello yall,
Havent been in here in awhile since moveing here a yr ago, but now that i have high speed again you will be seeing alot more of me again......anyways went out the other day and spent exactly one hour swinging my xlt and the grand total for that time was.....well i will let you be the judge of that........ 56 silve dimes ranging from 1940-1964.....there is more to this story........will keep you posted
thanks for looking Lone

Attachments

• SILVER DIME.jpg
    SILVER DIME.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
All right i made it back from along day out trapping to tell the tale i promised yall....

It all started about a month ago when the wife and i started planning a trip to primm nevada.....never been there before and it kind of sounded interesting....so i sat down and did alot of research....day in day out and discovered there would be alot of gold at primm if we wanted to look at it......so we left on the 20th of jan at 4:oo am in the morning...not to mention i tied on on the night befor so i slept all the way.......we arrived at primm around 9:30.

There we met acouple of other people but non had there detectors out....so we stood around and talked and compaired notes.....after what seemed like an hr we started the hunt......i put my nose to the grind stone and started finding coins imidiatly........but nothing i would be interested in for now.....we spent the whole day looking and not really finding what we wanted.....it was getting close to 5 oclock about time to call it a day....we only had one more thing to attend to........
damn got to go eat.....

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Hey!

It's a cliff hanger...sort of. ;)

Ridley

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
all right.....as we are standing there this old guy calls out my wifes name....what the heck....then he runs over to here and gives....yes gives her a dry washer....can anyone see where this is going?
well we got up early the next day and met a few other people that were out with there detectors.......83 others to be exact.....and the hunt was on.....after the hour was up the hunt was over and the prizes were given out...top prize was 500 cash 2nd was three hundred and 3rd was 150......not to mention the 5 gold coins given out and the 6 1oz silver rounds.....it was a hell of alot of fun.
ooo by the way we were at the gold and treasure show in primm nevada put on by the gpaa.....if you are ever anywhere near one of these shows it is worth you time to stop in and ask some questions.....they have ever modle and make of ditectors on display, and alot of knowlageable people that are more then willing to answer your questions......it was well worth the 4 hr ride there.....heck the wife won a 500 buck dry washer, and 275 on the slots......not to mention we went down there on winnings and alot of the change we had found over the last two yrs....275.00 worth.
well happy hunting
and thanks for staying tunned.
lol
lone gunman

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Great story and hunt, glad you had a great time, nice to come back from NV with a jingle in your pocket :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
85 people swinging metal detectors? I never would have guessed.

Thanks for finishing the story. ;)

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread