Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Talked to the school principal the other day and got permission to pick around the sports fields out back. The first day I found a 1864 two cent piece (I think, see pic) within about 10 minutes. Since then, I've put in about 6 more hours and collected quite a few modern coins and little bit of iron...but that's all. I'm in Williamsburg and from what I know, it is part of a former farm/plantation. So I'm looking for some advice here. Whats the chance that my first find was a total fluke? I'm a newbie by all accounts and just trying to figure out how you all determine a good area from one that's not. Sounds like a silly question, but I think you know what I mean. Here's a shot from what I found today along with a pic of the two cent piece. Thanks in advance.

By the way...any idea what that iron is?

Attachments

• 1-28 coins.jpg
    1-28 coins.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 1-28 iron.jpg
    1-28 iron.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1864 two cent piece.jpg
    1864 two cent piece.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
CityDigger

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Worm. Any advice diggaz?

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Go to the sports field when there is some sporting activity going on. See where people gather. Hunt there. Side lines, concession stands etc.... I once worked a very large soccor field. Took several weekends and I covered the entire field. Only dug quarters and dimes. Pulled over $30 out of the field. Parking lots at sports fields can be a good place to hunt if they are not paved. If they are paved hunt the areas between the paved area and the departure points from the sports field.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions