Some Good Firsts for 5/04/05 (Updated)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people, what a day it started slow. I went to the Old School in the small town 2 minutes away called Burdett. Got a quarter signal and dug a big hole with my little digger about a 1 1/2 ' long, 8" deep, and 4-5" wide, just to find a big nail in the side of the hole with my pinpointer. Then found some modern pennies, and then this tab with a shield on one side and a 10 on the other I have no idea what it is. I continued searching and found a modern quarter sometime after I found more modern pennies. I then R.U.N.N.O.F.T to the Old Park 2 blocks away.

At the Old Park I found a 3 1/2 " copper pipe, some modern pennies and a dime next to the swings.? Then went over to the Marry-go-round, found a bottom of a beer can and my FIRST RING at 4" . Then someone I kinda know came over and said hello. I searched some more, she said she used to hunt and found 4 merc's in one hole... Anyway. We talked and I searched some more and found a toy car almost at the surface, you could just see the top of the car. Then I got some quarter signals at 4 inches dug a plug and did not see anything got the pinpointer and it sounded right at the bottom of the hole dug up the dirt and out pops my FIRST COIN CACHE in one hole 2 modern quarters and a nickle. Not silver but still more than one modern penny, right? Well, I think that is all HH!!

Here are the pictures, please tell me if you know what the little tab is.

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 427
  • oldpark&school 003.jpg
    oldpark&school 003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 473
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 433
  • oldpark&school 005.jpg
    oldpark&school 005.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 470
  • oldpark&school 004.jpg
    oldpark&school 004.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 474
  • oldpark&school 002.jpg
    oldpark&school 002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Some Good Firsts for 5/04/05

That is a great ring. You must have been running the disc pretty low? Good Job...

Arch

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi again everyone and thank you for the views and replies. Its OK the ring is not real, it made me happy to find it anyway. I found the ring in coin hunting mode. Medium Sen.(50%) High Disc. (75%) I do this to pick out any fair to good finds. Then I use a lower Disc.(25%) and a medium Sen. (50%) to get more stuff, search for Buffalo's and such but have found all trash.

As for the play coin, COOL, then that school site was not a waste of time that day. How much do you all think it is worth.

The woman is not my type, but I did ask if she wanted to get back into detecting. She said she wanted to, so I may have someone to hunt with.

I love the funny pet pic, dano91 .

Thanks everyone, HH!!! (more posts soon)

EMERGENCY PLEASE READ
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING: (MISSING CHILD PLEASE SEE OTHER POSTS BELLOW) WARNING, WARNING, WARNING: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,11042.0.html? - http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,11061.0.html

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 132
  • godblessU.jpg
    godblessU.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 191
  • MISSINGCHILD.jpg
    MISSINGCHILD.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 139
  • godblessU.jpg
    godblessU.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 136
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 137

PhotoTJ

Apr 12, 2005
The Pacific Coast, Southern California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GTI 2500, Sea Hunter II. I like Garrett!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everyone is happy about the ring, I'm impressed that you found a Lamborgini. That may be the first Italian sports car found while detecting! ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, MUD! Your perseverance paid off. Keep on digging.

That post you made for Knorrski's son was really special. You sound like a great person. Your picture reminds me of my nephew who's in Paris right now.

Keep Hunting,

Haupin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread