Some people are just plain annoyances....

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this forum, there is always that one person who feels the need to correct everyone for every single minor error they make... They always seem to find the one single thing to nail you to the wall with and it's quite annoying. Not pointing any names out here, but in a way I guess it's a good thing once in a while but seriously, every single little thing ???

Anyone else annoyed about that "one" person who feels they have the need to nail you to the wall for a single minor mistake?

I am not talking about typing mistakes either, that's what the spell checker is for :)

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
On this forum, there is always that one person who feels the need to correct everyone for every single minor error they make.

Sorry it was Just a Minor Error ! :(

;D

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like having another wife around sometimes, I tell ya! ;D

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
Some people are like a Slinky, not good for much but they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs. :laughing7:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bubba707 said:
Some people are like a Slinky, not good for much but they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs. :laughing7:
:headbang: :laughing7:

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
I know! Most of the time it is just people going out of there way to be a smartass.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Why not be a little sarcastic every once in a while? Have a little fun? Why so serious?

Who's nailing whom? I will say however that some people on this board do get a little tired of answering some basic questions over and over again that can be answered by looking at previous posts. No offense, it just gets a bit tiring after a while. It's been brought up before in other threads. Other than that, it's all good. ;D

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
SFBayArea said:
Why not be a little sarcastic every once in a while? Have a little fun? Why so serious?

Who's nailing whom? I will say however that some people on this board do get a little tired of answering some basic questions over and over again that can be answered by looking at previous posts. No offense, it just gets a bit tiring after a while. It's been brought up before in other threads. Other than that, it's all good. ;D
Most the time, it is not sarcastic humor.

EpicDeuce

Dec 2, 2010
gtfan76 said:
I know! Most of the time it is just people going out of there way to be a smartass.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Attachments

• congratulations-d.jpg
    congratulations-d.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 478
  • congratulations-d.jpg
    congratulations-d.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 480

Acejeckel

Jul 18, 2009
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuffaloBoy said:
On this forum, there is always that one person who feels the need to correct everyone for every single minor error they make... They always seem to find the one single thing to nail you to the wall with and it's quite annoying. Not pointing any names out here, but in a way I guess it's a good thing once in a while but seriously, every single little thing ???

Anyone else annoyed about that "one" person who feels they have the need to nail you to the wall for a single minor mistake?

I am not talking about typing mistakes either, that's what the spell checker is for :)

I know what you mean.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I personally feel if I had written a post and I made a typo on it.. that's fine if someone wanted to correct me. If I truely made a mistake, I would like to be corrected for my own knowledge and self improvement. Some of my posts do have typos on them as I don't proof read all my posts.

Say someone posts 90%ers silver coins pre-67. I would be fine if someone corrected them and said 90%ers pre-65. Which is correct and accurate and I think that's fine.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
I personally feel if I had written a post and I made a typo on it.. that's fine if someone wanted to correct me. If I truely made a mistake, I would like to be corrected for my own knowledge and self improvement. Some of my posts do have typos on them as I don't proof read all my posts.

Say someone posts 90%ers silver coins pre-67. I would be fine if someone corrected them and said 90%ers pre-65. Which is correct and accurate and I think that's fine.
People with enough common sense would know themselves that there was a mistake.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
BuffaloBoy said:
SFBayArea said:

I'm just saying it's not a big deal to be corrected over something small.. If I make a typo or mistake in my posts.. feel free to correct me. There are also some other people here who do start and leave annoying posts too like ones as though it was a kid writing them with constant poor spelling errors and grammer and leave open questions that are self explanatory too. We know who those are too. Haven't seem them post in a while though.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
BuffaloBoy said:
SFBayArea said:

I'm just saying it's not a big deal to be corrected over something small.. If I make a typo or mistake in my posts.. feel free to correct me. There are also some other people here who do start and leave annoying posts too like ones as though it was a kid writing them with constant poor spelling errors and grammer and leave open questions that are self explanatory too. We know who those are too. Haven't seem them post in a while though.
agreed, right down to the point. you're fine, im talking about someone else :)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know exactly what you mean. That ONE person that always corrects, harasses and spell checks your every post. Doesn't it get annoying? :coffee2: :coffee2:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I elect not to post on topics such as this, but I will just throw in my two cents on this one:

"If they don't pay your bills, don't worry about them." That is what Mr. Apush likes to say . . . but he does not say it that nicely. :laughing7:

For me, having a sick child, not being able to pay bills, the loss of employment, etc., are real problems. Someone correcting me or grouching at me on this forum is not a real world problem so I just either ignore it or tell the poster to take a hike. Some folks just have too much darn time on their hands.

Time to pick up the spring break coin orders,

HSH,
apush :read2:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:

Ok, First off you shouldnt use extra periods in sentences. Also when you state "Not Pointing any names out", What you should have said was "Not pointing out any names"

....Just effing with ya...I know exaclty what you mean..I take it with a grain of salt...There are alot of educated people on this website, but educated doesnt always mean the best personality...Just keep searching for silver..

But you did good..I checked all your "I's" and they were all capitalized :thumbsup:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
BuffaloBoy said:

Ok, First off you shouldnt use extra periods in sentences. Also when you state "Not Pointing any names out", What you should have said was "Not pointing out any names"

....Just effing with ya...I know exaclty what you mean..I take it with a grain of salt...There are alot of educated people on this website, but educated doesnt always mean the best personality...Just keep searching for silver..

But you did good..I checked all your "I's" and they were all capitalized :thumbsup:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
I know exactly what you mean. That ONE person that always corrects, harasses and spell checks your every post. Doesn't it get annoying? :coffee2: :coffee2:
I'm sure you do sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread