Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone tell about the Spanish hidden valleyā€¦ itā€™s importanceā€¦and how it is intertwined with Dutchmanā€¦ or not at allā€¦. Thank you!
rk85044,
I have not ever heard of it, as far as I can recall. I do recall an area referred to as the Spanish racetrack, which is located near the marsh valley area.

OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rk85044,
I have not ever heard of it, as far as I can recall. I do recall an area referred to as the Spanish racetrack, which is located near the marsh valley area.
Yes...from the Bark notes.....this is different...what was it supposed to house...or hold?...the hidden valley....

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rk85044,
What has you thinking the Spanish hidden valley, has anything to do with the LDM?
I recall reading a story about a spanish hidden valley in the Supers that one could only enter into by climbing down a rope. Don't quote me, but the story goes like this: spanish miners found gold, the Indians caught them and killed them from the rim, and buried the gold in place. Now, I'm getting old, and have forgotten where I read this story, but I will attempt to find it. If I find it, I'll post the citation here.
Dirt

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I recall reading a story about a spanish hidden valley in the Supers that one could only enter into by climbing down a rope. Don't quote me, but the story goes like this: spanish miners found gold, the Indians caught them and killed them from the rim, and buried the gold in place. Now, I'm getting old, and have forgotten where I read this story, but I will attempt to find it. If I find it, I'll post the citation here.
Dirt
Dirt,
I think the story might have had old dynamite fuse and other remnants talked about that were left there, at the place that was rope access.

I donā€™t remember the story though.
Idahodutch

PS- if itā€™s the same story, with the dynamite fuse, then maybe itā€™s not Spanish. Maybe it is, and was older fuse, not for dynamite, but black powder šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø is there a difference in the types of fuse?

Last edited:

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt,
I think the story might have had old dynamite fuse and other remnants talked about that were left there, at the place that was rope access.

I donā€™t remember the story though.
Idahodutch

PS- if itā€™s the same story, with the dynamite fuse, then maybe itā€™s not Spanish. Maybe it is, and was older fuse, not for dynamite, but black powder šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø is there a difference in the types of fuse?
Good morning: The story of the Hidden Valley you are looking was published in one of Barry Storms Books. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great responses...I pulled all my Barry Storm books...Thunder Gods Gold, Revised Edition, printed 1946. Story is found on pages 66-68, titled "Mountain Treasures" (Contents Page). My guess is it has also been reprinted by other writers over the years.

Idahodutch, the dynamite fuse part of the story does not appear in Barry Storm's version...but I too remember reading that piece somewhere. More than likely on the old Lost Dutchman Forum. I'll see if I still have access and post anything I find.
Dirt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions