OP
OP
E59

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I finally plowed through Duma Key. Took me a while because I have to balance it, girlscouts, wii, and work. It was a so so SK read to me. I don't know why I wasn't thrilled with it. I love Cell, maybe I just had my expectations set too high. It would be really challenging to come up with new material when you've been cranking them out for 30 years. I would give it a 3 out of 5 possible stars.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I liked The Stand quite a bit. Guess I'll need to get Swan Song.

C'mon... What's wrong with Waterworld, Postman AND Tank Girl ????

Dune is among my favorite flicks, but Repo Man, Love & a .45, and Leningrad Cowboys Do America along with Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are right up there.

They are using clips from Misery in a tv commercial now! it's a kick...

rmptr

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
rmptr said:
I liked The Stand quite a bit. Guess I'll need to get Swan Song.

C'mon... What's wrong with Waterworld, Postman AND Tank Girl ????

Dune is among my favorite flicks, but Repo Man, Love & a .45, and Leningrad Cowboys Do America along with Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are right up there.

They are using clips from Misery in a tv commercial now! it's a kick...

rmptr
Another fan!! Lori Petty rocked that tank, didn't she?

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lori rocked in point break also.waterworld & postman completely underated flics

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
There is a book called Alas Babalon that I read awhile ago that was very good but I can't recall the author. P.S I own every Stephen King hardcover ever put out and a few that were never printed in hardcover.

mapo

Dec 27, 2008
Tacoma, Wa.
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Liked to read king once upon a time. Loved the gunslinger series and at the time, #4 was just out. I kept waiting and waiting for the 5th,6th... but by then I was out of touch. I heard later that the whole series was complete but it was a marketing scheme to increase sales and after that, I lost respect for the man. I mean, how much money is enough? I read maybe half of his body of work including Bachman. One book does stand out, tho. Eyes of the dragon. Quite a departure for him. Forced to choose his best, I'd give a nod to the shining. My two cents.

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sara77 said:
I know, I know, it's my guilty secret, I love to read Stephen King above all others including the classics. I really like his end of civilization books. Do any of you have a favorite book that is about the same genre? His books The Cell, The Stand, The Gunslinger series, and the story The Mist are my most dog-eared items but I would like to read more of the same type of story by other authors.

I just started reading Stephen King novels. I read Hearts in Atlantis which was great and now Im reading Salems Lot which is good so far, Im about half way through. A freind at work gave me a book by King called Geralds Game, I will read that one next.

I read all of the Dean Koontz novels, he is my favorite and is like King but in a smoother way.

If you wanna try a really good read, but it isnt horror, try reading Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. One of the best books Ive ever read. If you read it please post how you liked it.

Neil

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green Mile....Christine.....Cujo......all good movies....Green Mile has to be one of my all time favorites.....I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it.......

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck Be a Lady said:
I think I have more than one favorite.......Insomnia is super, The Talisman is really really good and Dreamcatcher is right up there. Like always, I think the books are better than the movies. Dean Koontz is my best author though :)
Insomnia is by far my favorite work by SK. Long as all get out but excellent.

As far as movies, Shawshank Redemption is my all time favorite

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread