Storm is starting early now in NJ

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
She whipped right through here (Myrtle Beach) last night. Detected for a few hours this morning and came away with a whopping 39 cents in clad.....ughhh.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its been raining like crazy here in Wilm DE since about 3pm. looks like it may be beginning to wind down now. the wind wasnt so bad though. i might get out tommorrow morning and take advantage of the wet ground. its been so dry around here lately that detecting hasnt really been much of an option. it will be nice to get out for a change! :wink:

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just came on now and issued a tornado warning here.. its still raining and windy as heck here by the shore..I dont know what ocean city looks like yet thou.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It started raining around 2 pm yesterday afternoon, as I was at the beach detecting when it started. Rain abit through the night and was coming down when I went to work at 7:30 am this morning. It wasn't raining when I got off work at 10:30 am...but rained off and on throughout the afternoon. You could hear the wind blowing outside...it sounded worse from inside the house than it really was outside LOL. Hanna moved real fast through Virginia Beach...she blew a few branches off...my neighbor streets are cluttered with pine needles, leaves and a few branches (not big ones that I could see)...wind got gusty at times...but over all....she said she just wanted to stop by and say hi...she had alot of people to see and little time to visit all!!

Hope everyone is safe!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
i said i thought it was winding down but i lied! it started up again. i know we needed the rain but man is it coming down. i hope it doesnt all run off.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya Hollow, if I feel like I do today, I won't be leaving the house.. but sure hope its nicer out tomorrow to check it out.. body permitting..

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
i think it really did stop now. :wink: humidity is really coming down. i hope you feel better soon.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be sure to hit the beach after the storm! HH, Mike

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, the storm basically missed us.. lots of rain, no beach erosion, just some flooding in low lying areas.. but that was it for this one...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread