"Subforums, yes or no?"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POLL: "Subforums, yes or no?"

Hey mods, since majority ruled for changing the CRH'ing forum to include sub-forums such as CRH logs, cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars, and there seems to be little activity going on with those sub-forums and most activity is below on the normal forum, can we vote whether to keep the sub-forums or not?

I do like the CRH log idea, but honestly think the others should go(I vote to keep only the CRH Log sub-forum)... I appreciate all you guys and gals do for treasurenet, but some things just don't always work out.
Thank you,
BuffaloBoy.

note: please don't make this a heated debate, I am just trying to get my point across
occasion14.gif

voting to support thesub-forums will keep them all,
voting against the sub-forums will delete them all, and keep the CRH log sub-forum :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You couldn't have said it much better, Joe. "The vocal majority" that wanted the subforums was a group of about 5 or so people who constantly tried getting these subforums. I am not going to single anybody out, because most already know who the select few are.

I set this poll for 30 days, I think that is enough time to see if the change is good or not, right?
"the vocal majority wanted subforums"

I'm sorry but im going to have to disagree with that statement. I have been around for about 6 months and in my opinion it was only a few that wanted this while most wantrd status quo.

I know that I read many of the posts, EXCEPT those in the subforum....too much navigating.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poll does not have a section to vote for theparts most seem to like. The log section.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stated I am in support of the log section, I guess I did not specify,

voting to support thesub-forums will keep them all,
voting against the sub-forums will delete them all, and keep the CRH log sub-forum :)
Poll does not have a section to vote for theparts most seem to like. The log section.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every vote counts folks! keep on voting! I am going to bump this quite often to ensure that everybody has the option to express their opinion via voting, casting of the vote ends 6/5/13.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buff.. You should probably either start a new thread with "Voting on SubForums" in the title, or ask for this thread to be renamed.. I would imagine that there are a few people who would like to vote, but might not click on this thread due to the title..

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My vote is for logs sub forum and one for questions...such as what's this or how do you this or what do you do with such.

I would agree with Thorne. I think keeping Logs and questions separate but the rest together would be a great idea.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Since I don't use the CRH Forums, I just view (read) them.
I don't have much of an opinion one way or the Other.

But since the Vocal Majority here wanted this,

I have to agree with mr.landpirate & say give it some time

Jeff,

Not so sure about that vocal group being the majority. Maybe just the louder section, and still a minority. As shown by the poll.

Just saying :-)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I didn't like them initially, but as long as any post in the various subforums still show up on the main page, then I have no problem...

This is the best solution. This lets people who want to use the subforums do so, and the people who do not want to use them (myself included) don't have to miss anything.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i spoke with Jeff, it was renamed, but the poll was deleted :icon_scratch: kinda weird because there were 10 votes against the subforums and 4 votes for it, kinda ironic??

Buff.. You should probably either start a new thread with "Voting on SubForums" in the title, or ask for this thread to be renamed.. I would imagine that there are a few people who would like to vote, but might not click on this thread due to the title..

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the best solution. This lets people who want to use the subforums do so, and the people who do not want to use them (myself included) don't have to miss anything.

This really is a stupid idea, because the opposite is true. Under this plan, if I like the sub-forums and only use those, then I miss posts that are only put in the general forum. If I have to sift through all the posts in the general forum that also includes all the posts from the sub-forums, why would I use the sub-forums? I really can't believe how resistant to change people are. I am willing to bet, if everyone that doesn't like the sub-forums" were to stop complain and actually use them as intended and put posts in them, you will get used to it. You may not like it right away, but you will get used to it, and it will be functional.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it is, until a decision is made for sub-forums or no, I wish the Mods would move posts to their appropriate sub-forums in an effort to curb the anarchy.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really is a stupid idea, because the opposite is true. Under this plan, if I like the sub-forums and only use those, then I miss posts that are only put in the general forum. If I have to sift through all the posts in the general forum that also includes all the posts from the sub-forums, why would I use the sub-forums? I really can't believe how resistant to change people are. I am willing to bet, if everyone that doesn't like the sub-forums" were to stop complain and actually use them as intended and put posts in them, you will get used to it. You may not like it right away, but you will get used to it, and it will be functional.

The sub forums are harder to navigate. Many of us are interested in many if not all suforums and its not user friendly to have to keep searching through all these subforums for the a specific post. I hunt pennies, halves, dimes, quarters, foreign etc. Next time I post my finds, what subforum does it go in?

Treasurenet is here to make money. These new changes make the site more difficult to use and will create less traffic as many people have already said they are not using the new subforums. IT's rather obvious from the (2) votes that the majority do not like the new change, so if the members don't like it and it creates less traffic/clicks, I'd say its a lose lose.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did I read the poll right only 18 people voted so far? How many use this forum? I thought a lot more then that. Ya or Na please vote, it's your forum. LP

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I read the poll right only 18 people voted so far? How many use this forum? I thought a lot more then that. Ya or Na please vote, it's your forum. LP

I think it might have been deleted.. I know when I checked last night before bed the vote tally was 19 no / 7 yes.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it is, until a decision is made for sub-forums or no, I wish the Mods would move posts to their appropriate sub-forums in an effort to curb the anarchy.

You want us to move hundreds and hundreds of threads from crh to various sub forums or just the last 7 days....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread