Sun Ray Invader YF-1

S

sbrowncpr

I just looked up the info on the Sun Ray Invader YF - 1. That is the model that fits my ACE 250. So how exactly does this work? It says you attach it to your detector and it uses the existing circuitry? Do you actually use a probe or does it just make your detector pinpoint with more accuracy? The price on this is around $169.00. Is it worth buying?

One again, thank you all for the help

Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, Welcome fellow Steeler fan ;D. Second, I don't have a sunray, but it is my understanding that it is like a mini detector. It uses the power from your detector. The white pvc looking piece is the pinpointer. All the reports about it I have read are positive. I plan on getting one eventually. There are more than a few folks here that use it. They will be able to give you a better answer, but I hope this helps.

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the SunRay DX-1 for my MXT and I believe it's essentially the same as yours. The inline probes work just like a 1" coil, so you can sweep it over a target and get target ID and also pinpoint just as you would with your regular coil. You use the display and pinpoint function of your detector.

Depth reading with a coil that small is inaccurate, so you just have to note the depth before you switch over to the probe. But after a little practice, you can usually tell how deep the target is by the probe's signal strength.

I use mine on those items that are out of range of my normal pinpointer (from an unbroken surface). It really helps speed recovery on items that are 1" to 4" deep. Also helps to determine the size of the target before digging. I've been saved from a few sure crushed soda can digs since I've been using it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread