Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, keep the T2 usage and responses going. I am really thinking about getting one. Either that or a Minelab SE Pro from Kelly Co. They are selling one for just a little more than a T2...just can't decide what I should do right yet. Beau Ouimette has some good T2 videos on Youtube...he pulls amazing stuff with the At Pro and the T2...although, he has really good spots to go to it seems(unlike here by a long shot :( Nonetheless, I need something to up the game a bit.

Hi Jarl,

Either one of those two machines will serve you real well. The SE Pro has been discontinued, but there are a few still remaining in dealer stock.... If you decide that is the machine for you don't wait too long to decide. If we can help you in any way please let me know. :)

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discontinued? Supposed to get one Monday from Treasure Mountain. He supposedly had to order. His site still shows it. Guess I will soon know.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, let me try this again...I misread the post by Fort Bedford Detectors, i thought it said disCOUNTED and not discontinued. I recall that the price had gone from just over 1K to 975. So I just thought they dropped the price due to low demand or something. Hmm, i better nab one then.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify-the Minelab Explorer SE Pro is being discontinued, not the T2 LTD. I can see what i posted may have been a bit confusing. There was a comparison going on earlier in the thread that prompted me to post about the limited availability.

There are plenty of T2s available. :thumbsup:

Sorry if I created some confusion.

If I can help you with either machine, feel free to call me anytime.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my T2 SE Saturday and took it to a area that I pounded dry with many other machines over the years.

Recovered a 1940 Mercury, 1935 Wheatie and a 1930 Canadian cent.

May not sound like much, but I am amazed I found anything.

Cant wait till I really know/learn this T2.

coins 038.JPG

Last edited:

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You be very happy I'll finding all kinds of stuff with my T2 very time I go out find something cool

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorite things about the t2 is going over areas already hit with my explorer and finding old tools, axe heads and other irony types of relics the explorer would only null on. I still love my explorer, I think these two detectors compliment each other.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my favorite things about the t2 is going over areas already hit with my explorer and finding old tools, axe heads and other irony types of relics the explorer would only null on. I still love my explorer, I think these two detectors compliment each other.

Hey Dirtscratcher, what do you think about the tesoro vaquero?

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dirtscratcher, what do you think about the tesoro vaquero?
I really don't like it at all. I like a detector that can be ran with little to no disc and still give audio and visual id. The vaquero with one tone just isn't for me.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really don't like it at all. I like a detector that can be ran with little to no disc and still give audio and visual id. The vaquero with one tone just isn't for me.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got the T2 yesterday and got a couple of hours in with it. Dug one Merrill Carbine with it in a recently bush hogged field. The field had not been cut in at least three years and is full of 4 inch stobs. I dug 5 Merrill Carbines and a 1907 Barber Dime Sunday with the G2 but must admit I spent a great deal of time adjusting and playing with controls on the T2. The 5 inch coil shocked me with the ease it gets through the thick stuff. I actually put it in boost mode and dug a signal that it was obvious I had just kicked the cut weeds clear of with my G2. Oddly I remember the exact spot as I wondered over it twice but the signal just didn't sound good enough to dig. It was the tongue part of an older pull tab at about 8 inches. I think the little 5 inch is going to be awesome in the thick stuff in the woods where it is hard to maneuver the larger coil. I am a huge believer in using a small coil in the trash as years ago I learned the EXTREME value of a small coil in really trashy stuff. Read a great deal on the settings before I got it, but they do not really make sense until you have a little hunting time in and start getting a feel for it. And yes ...... I was trying to run it too hot. Here is hoping she is as good as they say.:icon_thumleft:

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......... I think the little 5 inch is going to be awesome in the thick stuff in the woods where it is hard to maneuver the larger coil. I am a huge believer in using a small coil in the trash as years ago I learned the EXTREME value of a small coil in really trashy stuff....... :icon_thumleft:

Later this afternoon I am going to my "hunted out" site that has lots of iron/steel trash and trees and brush. My plan is to use the 5 inch too. It will be my first time using the T2/small coil combo. Hopefully I will have a find or two to post tonight.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toothpick, I know the primary purpose for the 5 inch is trash but just lay a target on the ground and test the potential depth raising the coil over it in Boost. I figured out at the end of my hunt yesterday that too hot is actually too hot but the little coil will remain stable at higher sensitivity setting and my jaw dropped at the depth it seems to be capable of in this simple experiment. As I said above I often hunt in the woods and some are horrible with undergrowth. I see real potential just in the ease of maneuvering it not to mention its obvious use in trash. No doubt I will use the larger coil where I can but found long ago the little ones have their place.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toothpic, would you say the newer finds you found at previously hunted "dry" site were deeper that the others did not detect?

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site I hunted was in the middle of the woods and I think was a CCC camp and then a Boy Scout camp into the early 50s.

I have never found anything newer than the early 50s there.

My friend and I have probably took about 200 coins from the site mostly Wheaties a few Indians and maybe a dozen or so pieces of silver.

There is a lot of iron content type garbage and rubbish in the ground.

The wheaty and the Canadian cent were approximately 6 to 7 inches in the ground so I suppose a lot of the better detectors might've been able to detect that.

The dime was pretty deep. Only about a inch of my Leschie was above the hole.

It wasn't giving off a steady repeatable number but it was emitting the high Pitch dime tone.

I believe I was using setting number three.

I'm heading back right now and I'm gonna use the sniper coil and hopefully maybe find some new treasures.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry, I guess by newer finds I meant more recent (not age of coin). just meant to ask if the more recent finds are deeper than everything else that has mostly been cleaned out.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I got you now

The two pennies were as deep as I used to consider deep about 6 to 7 inches.

The dime was considerably deeper than I ever dug before at this site. about 11 inches.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 wheaties with small coil....most 4"-6"..1 was a honest 8".

Very happy as this site was pretty much tapped out before I bought the T2 Se

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my t2 about 5 months now and have got to know it very well. I still don't understand why it does'nt get more attention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread