t2

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my T-2 the 2nd year they were out. first time out found a 83 Morgan and a Georgia button on a site I had hunted for years.Seemed like a great machine. But learning it took me a while. I ended up setting it on 2+ works best for me. 80 sens and 8 disc. I had been hunting this yankee camp for 4 months, you know once or twice a week. Well I stopped finding stuff. Got board one night and took an old Tesoro Bandito, one of the big box ones that had a bad coil on it. I had an even older Tesoro Toltec with the solid 8" coil I put that on the Bandito took it to the camp and found 3 bullets a half reale on ground I had beat to death. ??? Go figure. I hunt with a feller that uses a Minelab, one of the biguns. Claims his is better cause its got more frequencys. S*#T I find all the buttons while he digs the lead. Coinhuntin? I dunno, Mine aint got no I D fer a large cent, half dime, three cent piece. Now I'm hankerin fer wun ah them new T-2s, the wun with tha passin geer! Of Coarse next year they'll add curb feelers!!! I'll want it too.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luvin the curb feelers...... ha ha. The Booste Mode will definitely get some extra depth but sure not good in the trash. It will let ya slow down and get good depth. With the normal modes the best depth seems to come with a fairly fast sweep. A little slower on the Boost. On mine the Boost will get deeper at 60 than the +2 will at 90. Played in the test garden with it this morning. The +2 is more stable and I hunt most of the time at 70-85 on sensitivity,10 disc, and +2. Seems to be the best compromise. In a beat to death area the boost will get ya some deep stuff, but it has to be there. Some of the G2 sites I revisited gave up little when hit again with the T2. One CW camp in particular gave up several Minnie balls and a couple of buttons that were all really deep. Did a lot of playing with settings lately and have come to the conclusion I am more productive not trying to run it as hot as I can most of the time. Cover much more ground and loose very little depth with the sensitivity around 70 or 80. I still get a 9 inch dime in +2 with sensitivity at 55 (a signal I would no doubt dig). Hits really hard at 60. My VDI jumps a bit at that depth (80-88).:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my T2 SE for 3 months and absolutely love this thing. At certain sites I'm able to run sens 8& and disc 8. I work a lot so I value my time out there and want to make every hunt count. In my few hunts I've found 2 1700s coppers, several 1800s coins, 3 silver coins, a complete colonial shoe buckle, a beautiful civil war heel plate and several round balls and 3 ringers. This thing is a monster when you get comfortable with it. Can't wait for next spring. But honestly you have to put yourself in the right places! I spend lots of time researching sites. But I never feel like im missing anything due to depth issue, and that is a great feeling

Nov 13, 2013
Perkinston-Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition & White's Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously I'm new to this forum and pretty much new to detecting in general. I own a T2 Special Edition and I love it. I also have a White's Quantum II that is pretty good IMO but not as good as the T2. I don't have the 5" DD coil for my T2 though I plan to buy one when I can. I can't find one under $125.. Anyhow, like I said I love my T2, it's a great machine- It goes pretty deep in when using the BP. My only issue is not being sure if I'm doing something wrong or not because all I ever seem to dig is cans, pull tabs, shell casings and melted aluminum can nuggets very rarely will I dig an actual coin other than a few newer pennies. I typically use these settings Sens:90, Disc:35, Tone: BP or sometimes 1. First I'll scan my area with those settings hoping to pick out the best stuff then I get frustrated and use all metal mode. I find it all, melted lead, old toothpaste rolls, hunks of old metal junk, etc. I assume I just haven't found a good spot yet. Every time I go out I find cans and shell casings so this tells me my area had a lot of drunk gun totin litter bugs! Ha Ha! Does anyone have any tips they can give me for my T2? Thank you! PS, I'm in South Mississippi- Stone County.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike,
Every site varies depending on electrical interference and other factors. But I would recommend that you try either 2+ or 3 tones. Try to really get used to the sounds that it makes and what's worth digging. If you have any parks or ball fields in your area go there and practice. Get used to the grunts which are iron and the high tones which can be the things worth digging. Parks usually have lots of coins and lots of trash. Listen to the sound then look at the number. I've learned the nice "round" consistent sound of a coin signal. I hunt very old sites and dig everything over 48. Stick with it my friend. In some areas I have to crank the sens down and the disc up to 48 or so. The machine will tell you how high you can go by its chatter. Best of luck Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread