Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You are absolutely right. Look at the customers that line up outside these electronic stores to buy the latest and greatest only to be in that same line next year.
Yes i look at those lines and i think those people are just plain crazy... I have been using the same cell phone for 10 years ... And i do not buy the latest an what is called the best detector ... I have the best detector made a...MINELAB SOVEREIGN...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should check out the Vaquero with the new 11" x 8" Widescan coil! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...rive-look-comparisons-review.html#post4784661

By the way, and for about the 1,000th time, I DO NOT work for ANY metal detector manufacturer, and I do NOT SELL metal detectors. I'm sorry it took you so long to find those five silver coins, but if you had put your Vaquero over them you would have found them. I ALWAYS love when Tesoro detractors say the Vaquero "loves old iron." Don't any of them know how to use the Discrimination dial?

Silver is simply about LOCATION. Not depth, not sensitivity, not VDI readouts or multiple tones. Old silver is about LOCATION, and nine-times out of ten, you could have found it with a Tesoro Compadre, or Garrett Ace 250.

You folks that like all the silly gizmos - Go Get 'Em, and God Bless! I for one will continue to use the tools that work best for me. :skullflag:

It's not about location if you are hunting parks that have been pounded to death for years. I didn't say you worked for tesoro. I have been around for a while and know for a fact you were provide with detectors for free from tesoro. Don't remember the details but that's closer to work for them than any of us are going to get. Your loyalty is admirable. Most of us don't have Virgin sites where the silver is 3 or 4 inches deep. I guess it boils down to what kind of hunting your doing if you are hunting Virgin ground you are right any detector will work. In a case like that I still would leave the vaquero at home because my Bounty Hunter tracker 4 has better disc and 2 tone for a quarter the price. You funny about the iron. You and I both know the vaquero loves round rusty stiff. Take a rusty washer for example 8 inches deep perfect signal with disc maxed out. If your post didn't sound so much like commercials people wouldn't think you work for tesoro so often.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry when you say silver isn't about depth or sense or vid or tones you remind me of the old guy here in the valley with an old tesoro that says all the silver is gone. Just because he doesn't dig any all the easy one are gone. A couple of us with explorers and another with an etrac dig alot. So I guess if you don't know it's there it must be gone. I fell for the Tesoro hype. I like simple things like recurve bows and so on. With that simplicity comes limitations. With the purpose of finding what's left of the silver anyway you need an advantage that you are not going to get with tesoro.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C'mon Dirtscratcher! You say the Vaquero will hit a rusty washer at 8" deep, but won't hit deep silver? Dude, you are tripping all over your own story.. :laughing7:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Dirtscratcher! You say the Vaquero will hit a rusty washer at 8" deep, but won't hit deep silver? Dude, you are tripping all over your own story.. :laughing7:

No not tripping over my own story. My point is a detector with fbs or most mid range detectors can I'd a rusty washer as iron, not to vaquero. I detect a lot of parks and private yards and can't dig every peice of trash . Having a conversation with you is,alot like playing chess with a pigeon they just nock all the pieces down crap on the board and strut around like they won. I believe you just like to argue and know I'm telling the truth like all the others that tries the vaquero and hated it for the same reasons. It's just sad that they have to learn for themselves.

gregg5150

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I learned any thing about detectors , there isn't a perfect detector made. I have a Bandito II micromax and when hunting in dense iron with the 5.75" coil, its a hard machine to beat. Not many machines out there that can get 8 of 8 hits on Monte's nail board test. For that task its a great machine.

Also another great machine in iron as well as hunting open areas is the Fors core. Far better depth then the Bandito with comparable coils. I pretty much use my Fors Core as my go to machine most the time. In iron infested ghost towns with the 5" coil, it works great. As far as TID display , when hunting in iron/very trashy areas I ignore it. In iron and trash TID is useless. However if hunting a very pristine yard I can get very selective in what I choose to dig by using the display.

I could rattle on some more, but the point is there is no one perfect machine or one perfect brand. I use several machines/brands and use what I feel works best for me. If something better comes out down the road then I will try it. If I feel it does a task better then a current machine I have, then i will get it and replace the other machine. But I am not going to sit here and try to convince you that because I have a Tesoro it's the best, or because i have a Nokta Fors core, it's the best. Neither is a perfect machine, but they will each do very good for what task I use them for.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not tripping over my own story. My point is a detector with fbs or most mid range detectors can I'd a rusty washer as iron, not to vaquero. I detect a lot of parks and private yards and can't dig every peice of trash . Having a conversation with you is,alot like playing chess with a pigeon they just nock all the pieces down crap on the board and strut around like they won. I believe you just like to argue and know I'm telling the truth like all the others that tries the vaquero and hated it for the same reasons. It's just sad that they have to learn for themselves.

Merry Christmas Dirtscratcher! I hope you get a Tesoro under your Tree! :occasion14:

Attachments

• stop.jpg
    stop.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 80

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well for me if i do no water hunting or gold prospecting .. All i need i one detector and it will do it all for me ... Fields , trashy areas .. you name it .. So if i was a all around hunter .Gold . Water . and inland all i would need is 3 detectors , for inland all i need is one.. for inland hunting you can bring all your inland detectors ..And i will bring my one and i will find as much or more than you .. I know some that all they have is a Excalibur they do water and inland with there one detector and do really great..I don't fall for all this talk that i have to have all these different detectors for inland hunting...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so good at that AtomicScott!

Love the insult aimed at Vince Gifford, by the way.

I did not intend to 'insult' Vince Gifford, (of course you know that, & are stirring things up) I was merely stating what seems to be the case. When they continue to re-hash the same old designs while other companies are making new designs, it leads one to believe the software engineer may not be as progressive as others. I still do not see how that is an insult. Maybe look up the definition before you accuse? Just a suggestion...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love you to AtomicScott. Merry Christmas! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well for me if i do no water hunting or gold prospecting .. All i need i one detector and it will do it all for me ... Fields , trashy areas .. you name it .. So if i was a all around hunter .Gold . Water . and inland all i would need is 3 detectors , for inland all i need is one.. for inland hunting you can bring all your inland detectors ..And i will bring my one and i will find as much or more than you .. I know some that all they have is a Excalibur they do water and inland with there one detector and do really great..I don't fall for all this talk that i have to have all these different detectors for inland hunting...

You are the Man Keppy. Merry Christmas! :occasion14:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love you to AtomicScott. Merry Christmas! :occasion14:

Merry Christmas Terry! Hope you and the family have a good one! Don't forget, when I get out to AZ we need to take a few shots at Whiskey Row.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas Dirtscratcher! I hope you get a Tesoro under your Tree! :occasion14:

Hope you have a good one too. Hey I was wondering speaking of tripping over your words. I about pissed my pants read your review of the blisstool. Seems your list of drawbacks, your second drawback is it's only a single tone. Hillarous, I thought a single tone could tell you everything. Seems we agree sometimes?

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
coilfisher, Tesoro makes excellent metal detectors and they don't compromise the build quality to sell them a few dollars cheaper like some companies. They are built to last with high quality
components that are backed up with the best warranty in the industry.....a lifetime warranty even if you aren't the original owner. Tesoro is a family owned business and it shows in the way they treat their customers.
The great thing about Tesoro detectors is the light weight of their detectors...a little over 2 pounds for several of the current models. You can swing their detectors all day long and not wear your arm out. Try that with one of the competitors big honkin' lunchbox detectors and see how long it takes before your arm feels like it is going to fall off. You will appreciate the light weight Tesoro real quick.
Performance wise Tesoro detectors are hot on nickels and gold since they run at higher frequencies, and they do a great job on coins and relics also without all the meters and menus to have to mess with. I just got a new Vaquero recently, my 6th Tesoro since I started detecting over 30 years ago, and it is an awesome detector....smooth as silk in trash and deep on coins and very
sensitive on deep tiny objects. I have tried other brands over the years and was disappointed in their performance and build quality. Once you experience a Tesoro and how well they work, you will be leaving your other detectors at home. Try a Tesoro and see what you have been missing out on.......HH.

Roger

I know this is an old post of almost 4.5 years ago but not totally correct anymore if it once was a lifetime transferable it no longer is or what I infer from this exact statement on their site:

"Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage caused by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party. "

This would definitely on the beach units make me buy new rather than used!

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correct,never were transferable. They have just fixed them anyway.
Fisher when it was Fisher Labs pre 1st Texas was also lifetime warranty on m.d's that were more complicated and costly to make.
Still have 5 yrs on machine that are much more complicated and effective to use.
If they were all so simply made there would be more companies with lifetime warranties.
Other than my Tejon I'm selling my tesoros as beep and dig is useless in very high trash.
This thread needs to be locked/closed. Beat'in a long dead horse.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Other than my Tejon I'm selling my tesoros as beep and dig is useless in very high trash.
This thread needs to be locked/closed. Beat'in a long dead horse.

:laughing7: Oh that's funny ST! This thread is one of the most active - over several years - of all the threads here! Beep and dig is "useless" in high trash? Sounds like the Kool-Aid is starting to take effect SuperTraq. By the way, does this mean you are going to change your forum name to "Bounty Hunter?" :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supertraq, your post deleted for obvious reasons. Post by our rules! No insults and watch the language, we are family friendly...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Searching above the mighty Hudson River in Sleepy Hollow, New York, with the famous Lobo Super Traq.

Attachments

• IMG00862-20120612-0915.jpg
    IMG00862-20120612-0915.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supertrac I have already asked that rules be followed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread