Tesoro Vs All the Rest (Build Quality)

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They took a Treasure pro and coated it camp dry!

Check the specs you are as wrong as you could be. Completely different. You tesoro guys should know just because all the tesoros are in the same little box doesn't make them the same.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the specs you are as wrong as you could be. Completely different. You tesoro guys should know just because all the tesoros are in the same little box doesn't make them the same.

It was a joke......no one (on here) knows exactly what this machine will be yet....I just don't expect it to be the holy grail at $750. If they drop the mxt pro from their line up I will try it.....

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a joke......no one (on here) knows exactly what this machine will be yet....I just don't expect it to be the holy grail at $750. If they drop the mxt pro from their line up I will try it.....

The tell you pretty explicitly on the whites forum if you read it.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tell you pretty explicitly on the whites forum if you read it.

Where does it say that its as fast as my G2.....or as deep as my AT gold....or handles bad ground like a champ? What do you think Whites is gonna say? Come on man....do you think chevy says "our new Camaro is pretty nice; not nearly as fast as a mustang, but its pretty fast"??????

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took a look at this today while the wife got her Equinox LTZ.

Attachments

• 2016-Corvette-Stingray-Z07-front-view.jpg
    2016-Corvette-Stingray-Z07-front-view.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 90

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you all will recall.....The Makro Racer was going to change the world.....now they are all over Craigslist, Ebay and the Classified forums. A good machine but way overhyped. Many claimed it was going to out do the Deus.....guess what, didn't happen. If this was a $750 Tesoro, I would be more likely to believe it could be something amazing. The mx sport will be a Whites version of an AT pro.....a few more features for a few more dollars. That is all....

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where does it say that its as fast as my G2.....or as deep as my AT gold....or handles bad ground like a champ? What do you think Whites is gonna say? Come on man....do you think chevy says "our new Camaro is pretty nice; not nearly as fast as a mustang, but its pretty fast"??????

It doesn't, you said it was a water proof treasure pro and it has mxt operating system. At least try to get your story somewhere near reality.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you all will recall.....The Makro Racer was going to change the world.....now they are all over Craigslist, Ebay and the Classified forums. A good machine but way overhyped. Many claimed it was going to out do the Deus.....guess what, didn't happen. If this was a $750 Tesoro, I would be more likely to believe it could be something amazing. The mx sport will be a Whites version of an AT pro.....a few more features for a few more dollars. That is all....
The display looks a helluva lot better, larger & more modern than the AT Pro. The audio is most likely better & it seems to have some great features. It makes the ATP look like an old BH. Now whether it performs well is another story!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And of course, none of them are better than Arizona made, Arizona proud, Tesoro metal detectors! :occasion14:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The display looks a helluva lot better, larger & more modern than the AT Pro. The audio is most likely better & it seems to have some great features. It makes the ATP look like an old BH. Now whether it performs well is another story!

I tend to care more about performance than "looks".....but opinions vary.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to care more about performance than "looks".....but opinions vary.

Yes. That was the last part of my post. Whether it PERFORMS is another question.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. That was the last part of my post. Whether it PERFORMS is another question.

Scott I agree with your comparison of features,on the pro vs new whites. The atpro is getting a little long in the tooth. You would think an upgrade would be in order over at garrett. But hey, they upgraded the aces.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I am just used to the large displays & more modern styling of the X-Terra & Teknetics & Fishers I used. My buddy showed me his ACE 350, wow I was shocked at how tiny the display is in real life. I had to lean over or raise the detector to read the screen. That tone was quite annoying as well. Compared to the new crop of detectors coming out, the ATP definitely could use an upgrade. JMHO
Scott I agree with your comparison of features,on the pro vs new whites. The atpro is getting a little long in the tooth. You would think an upgrade would be in order over at garrett. But hey, they upgraded the aces.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And of course, none of them are better than Arizona made, Arizona proud, Tesoro metal detectors! :headbang:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Terry, I think dirtscratcher and scott may post more in the Tesoro forum than you do! I think they are closet Tesoro lovers!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Terry, I think dirtscratcher and scott may post more in the Tesoro forum than you do! I think they are closet Tesoro lovers!

Damn it! You found me out! lol.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I think Vince Gifford has them on the payroll to keep word of mouth alive and well. 8-) Tesoro may be smarter than a few give them credit for! :skullflag:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I visit every brand forum daily. The funny thing is on almost all of them you and Terry are already there talk smack. And you are part right, we'll at least you got some key words when you say I'm a closet tesoro fan. The truth is I have a Tesoro that has been parked in my closet for 4 years now. But hey it has a lifetime warranty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread