Texas Politician Says State is Preparing to Become ‘Independent Nation’

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Seceding from the union will not work. That is why Texas joined the Union after only being a Republic for 9 years. However...........

What ALL God-fearing, self-dependent, Christian, conservatives need to do, in my opinion, is to adopt the militant activist mind set that liberals have had since the late 1960's We need to be like Pit Bulls...pushing OUR agenda day and night relentlessly and never giving in or giving up. Maybe then, someday all the states will be red states.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Seceding from the union will not work. That is why Texas joined the Union after only being a Republic for 9 years. However...........

What ALL God-fearing, self-dependent, Christian, conservatives need to do, in my opinion, is to adopt the militant activist mind set that liberals have had since the late 1960's We need to be like Pit Bulls...pushing OUR agenda day and night relentlessly and never giving in or giving up. Maybe then, someday all the states will be red states.

That's a distinctly non-conservative stance: to change one's way of doing things. Are you suggesting conservatives adopt progressive tactics?! And how would Texas fare if such were the case?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a distinctly non-conservative stance: to change one's way of doing things. Are you suggesting conservatives adopt progressive tactics?! And how would Texas fare if such were the case?

Conservatism promotes the maintenance of traditional American institutions and opposes a "rapid" change in society. Not ALL change. What I am suggesting is that conservatives be more vociferous or forceful in promoting their viewpoint.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, I say, go right ahead and secede. Build a fence around your new country and don't let anyone from the blue states in. It was nice knowing ya, c-ya, bye, adios, and all those other words that say "good bye":occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really trying to figure those values out. Sometimes I think they are just made up by those with big bucks and agendas to keep the proletariat at odds with themselves.

Other times I think they are just made up. :dontknow:

check out www.alternet.org/12-signs-america-insane

My values are not made up Davest, I have had them for about 54-55 years or so, since I started paying attention to the world in elementary school when I became fascinated by American history starting in about the 4th grade....... I have been conservative all my life... My father was also a conservative, as was all my uncles and family even more so than I...My father never forgave the Japanese or the Germans, but again he had to fight them I didn't....... He was a B-17 Tail gunner over the European theater during WWII he lost a lot of friends as the death rate was quite high.........

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put thread back on topic please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh don't worry dave..I am posting...they just keep disappearing.

They are disappearing because of being off topic. A lot of posts are disappearing for same reason.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I asked for the thread to be put back on topic...

If the insults do not stop some are going to find they can't post at all for awhile.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH. Fair enough.
I just came back from Texas. Looks like alot of the state is flowering jobs. The state is actively recruiting companies to move there and many of these companies like what they see!

It looks as if you would be hard pressed to find any job that pays minimum wage at this time.. In this state.

I don't think most Texans are contemplating leaving the union at this time. I found that they feel like they are Americans 1st and wish to help the rest of the country get on the correct course.

We will fight together, or we will surely hang together!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Texas were to secede it would be because the overreaching power of the Feds would tax most people and business to oblivion.

How would a fiscally broken USA fund itself? And where then would the wealthy seek refuge?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the united states of America were not created to give refuge to the wealthy...

history is lost art.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

interesting how Texans believe they and only themselves are capable of directing the united states...
perhaps it would be better if tejas left soonest.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amarillo has the only storage of Helium in the world! Oil from your most favored countries ship crude into our very large refineries in Houston.
If Texas gets out, better get your bicycle in good shape....

Heard they need a nuclear waste dump in Arizona........ Wont have one here for that. (that was about the last things the dems did for us!!!!):censored:

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH,

You should either delete all of the off-topic posts (including your own), or none of them.

Or just lock the thread. It's tired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions