Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My A$$ was on vacation all week last week, so I was busy entertaining him most of the week. I did manage to get him to go to the mountain where I had found the Eagle buttons and such Saturday last, to find some GPS spots that I had found on an old map showing houses. After finding them for my buddy and I he left and we spent the day at one of the sites. Not much in keepers from there.....the usual tax tokens and bullets and such. Later in the week Lisa (huntin buddy) and I decided to go back and find one of the other sites. When we go through the first gate everything seemed normal as usual. Got to the second gate and it was closed. ??? This one up to now has been left open and all the cows and donkeys and such were allowed access to any part of the pasture, so a little confused but opened the gate and carried on. Got down to the spot and put down all the stuff that we had carried with us....backpack, bucket for carring all the junque out, water....ect... Turned the detector on and began swinging. Was there a couple of minutes and started hearing this noise that was just out of this world! I turned and looked at Lisa and ask her what she thought it was....she didn't know either. ??? Kept diggin and the noise got louder and louder! Looked up and there they were! Two of the biggest bulls I ever did see and heading straight for us! :o We hurriedly picked up all our stuff and head for the grove of trees for cover! I'm carring the bucket and Lisa is carring the backpack...they are getting closer and closer and we go from a swift walk to all out runnin! :D Lisa's got ahold of my shirt tail while we're runnin, she's screaming and I'm tellin her "It'll be alright!" :D After making it to the middle of the grove I stop and she plows into my backside! :D After a quick recovery, I look down and realize what is going on. I have a five gallon bucket and the bulls thinks it's feedin time! :P I leave the bucket and we skirt around the edge of the woods and crawl under the fence and left them the bucket! ;) We did get to detect on the other side of the fence and found more bullets and a 1918 wheat and a button with a person shooting with a bow and arrow and some regular change and of course some junque. It was an adventure, and we had fun! :D

Nana ;D

Attachments

• 100_6223.jpg
    100_6223.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 100_6245.jpg
    100_6245.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 887
  • 100_6250.jpg
    100_6250.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 880
  • 100_6253.jpg
    100_6253.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet it's been awhile since you had to run that fast! Glad you all are ok. Maybe you should gaze out on the field before going in! Tsgman

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a ripper ;)
i had to wake up my ASS and tell her she'll read it later im sure :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice finds on an interesting adventure! Next time, wave a bottle of Head Country in front of him and show him who's boss. :D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Nana, you are a country girl,you can handle a small little calf like that!! LOL It sounds like a good story to laugh about in the future. :)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT story Nana! Those are some real good pictures - the bull is awesome!

Too bad you didn't have it on video :D :D

Excellent post - great story! HH/NS

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
The only domesticated animal that I don't trust is the bull. I have never been chased by one, but I have heard too many stories from other people that have been.

Wezzie

Nov 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
BH3300
OMG! LMAO throughout this whole story! That is way too funny!
Thanks for the great laugh ;D
I would have fainted! Them big fellas scare the crapiolies out of me!
Lesson learnt...if there's a gate and it's closed, probably best not to enter ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can picture it right now Nana....Been chased myself and it aint fun...Glad you got with all your goodie's and the camera.Too Funny.....

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D

Dixie! No kiddin! Post us a pic!!!! Would love to see it! Congrats!!!!!

Stoney.... Yeah! That'll show him! :D

Nana ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Glad you didn't get stompped over. :) I don't think I would have realized the bucket was attracting them.

Looks like you found a few items to make it interesting. What part of Alabama you in? Just Got back from Huntsville. Was thinking of you when cruising the countryside - wondering if I had seen any of these places in your posts. Shoot they all look alike. :D

Bob

M

mchamby

Wow Nana what a romp in the pasture you had, glad you both made it out to laugh about. I don't think I would have gotten my heart beat down enough to md after that.
HH
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions